PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Oculus is changing view on its own

dug
24-05-2016, 22:29
I have a couple of items that are being an issue for me. I am playing with steam VR and two things are happening that shouldn't be. One I will be driving along with an inside car view. Looks great and then all of a sudden my head is either out the roof or in my lap. This happens without pushing any buttons and only seems to have started with the 11.0 patch. Second thin is that i have a sound like a key is stuck on the controller. When I push a button on it the noise stops but it always seems to come back...Anyone have any thoughts? Can i remove patch 11 and go back to the one that worked really well for me?

Thanks,dug

Sankyo
25-05-2016, 12:56
What's your system configuration, especially everything plugged into USB ports besides the Oculus? TBH it sounds more like hardware issues than a game issue to me, but we'll have to find that out for sure first before jumping to conclusions.

beetes_juice
25-05-2016, 14:25
Wonder if the two issues are intertwined. Button stuck (think thats what your trying to say) and randomly switching views (look down,look up).

Anyway, have you tried re-calibrating the rift in the steam vr setup? Sounds like something could be out of wack with the sensor calibration. Does it happen mid corner/head movement or when driving in a straight/head straight?

Haven't experienced any of this with my CV1 since I've been driving with it.

dug
25-05-2016, 22:36
I am running a brand new Asus machine that i bought with the rift designed for the rift. Other than the Oculus only things plugged into the USB are keyboard, mouse, and XBOX dongle. That's it. I don't have this issue with any other games, though none of the rest of them go through steam VR. Maybe its a steam issue? The stuck key noises has always happened and never caused an issue before when things worked fine. There is no consistency to the times that the view changes. It is random. I did not ever have this issue before version 11. It's really frustrating for sure. Not sure where to go to try and fix it. It was working great. The only thing I can think of that changed was the patch. That was why I was curious if I could go back to the version before the 11 patch. See id everything works okay again.

PC Specs:

Includes: Oculus Rift headset with built-in headphones and mic, sensor, remote, Xbox One Wireless Controller, and an ASUS Oculus Ready G20CB-WS71 Desktop PC.
PC specifications: Intel core i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, 256 GB Solid-State Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 graphics card.
Includes keyboard and mouse
Latest 6th generation Core i7-6700 Quad Core 3.4 GHz processor (Turbo Boost up to 4 GHz)
16GB DDR4 (2133Mhz) memory and large 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD Hybrid for extra storage needs
NVIDIA GTX 980 4GB DDR5
802.11 AC with Bluetooth
Windows 10 (64bit) OS

Thanks again for the input
dug

TrevorAustin
26-05-2016, 22:04
I have a couple of items that are being an issue for me. I am playing with steam VR and two things are happening that shouldn't be. One I will be driving along with an inside car view. Looks great and then all of a sudden my head is either out the roof or in my lap. This happens without pushing any buttons and only seems to have started with the 11.0 patch. Second thin is that i have a sound like a key is stuck on the controller. When I push a button on it the noise stops but it always seems to come back...Anyone have any thoughts? Can i remove patch 11 and go back to the one that worked really well for me?

Thanks,dug

First issue, you don't by chance have the camera above you or in a sunny space do you? Exactly what mine used to do.

2nd things sounds like a bad controller.

dug
26-05-2016, 22:25
Nope no sunny windows, like I mentioned it only happens in pcars none of the other non-steam apps have the issue.

So I started thinking and I had tried another steam app called bigscreen beta. It allowed you to move the screen around to various views. I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I uninstalled it but no change. So now I have uninstalled the game and steam and deleted all the files from the hard drive and registry associated with steam and any of its games. I'm going to do a complete re-install on another drive and see what happens.

dug
28-05-2016, 18:53
well after the reinstall of everything the issue continues. That really sucks cause the game was really fun in VR

dug
28-05-2016, 20:14
So I think I got it figured out finally. Apparently when steam updated their vr I needed to re-setup the room. Once I got the floor in the right place, the issues seems to have resolved itself.