PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G Championship Series: Round 3: Formula A at Azure Circuit

Joseph Barron
27-05-2016, 09:31
Round 3 of the Logitech G Championship Series is now open.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving Formula A at Azure Circuit.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points.

All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players. The PS4 and Xbox One physics/handling code is the same. There are some minor differences between the two consoles and PC, which is why we have separate Divisions for PC and Console.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-logitech-g-championship-series.html). It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track. These images (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=541268LIMITTRACK.jpg) from a previous Round may help you to understand what is valid, and what is not.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps in the top 30 positions on all platforms to check whether drivers have stayed on track for their entire lap.

If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

In exceptional circumstances where many drivers go off track, we may have fewer than 20 valid times in a Division at the end of the event. However, to avoid further confusion this season, we will no-longer consider times from outside the top 30 to fill out the remaining points positions if these circumstances occur. Only the top 30 event ghosts will be considered from now on.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care on all wide kerbs, on any tarmac/concrete/painted run-off areas and in any areas of sand, gravel or grass.

At Azure Circuit you should be particularly careful at the few corners which are not completely surrounded by barriers. This includes Sainte Devote, Nouvelle Chicane, and both Swimming Pool chicanes.

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Monte_Carlo_Formula_1_track_map.svg).

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be eliminated. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

DISPUTES AND APPEALS

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

Assists

You should be able to run with assists on. In "Help & Options" if you turn the individual assists on, or set them to "Real", you should get these same settings in the event. However, only the chosen car's real-world assists may work.

Good luck this weekend!

ElMister
27-05-2016, 12:10
Reference points for you guys who are participating in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxLWd-zbHQ

A pretty messy lap I did yesterday, but I still managed to get 2nd overall best time across all consoles and top 1 on PS4 by a huge margin. If I put in more time there's no doubt that I can shave it down to a high 1.09. I also used a very realistic cockpit camera so I'm pretty damn sure that you guys who are in this will do a lot better than me.

ChoKpic76
27-05-2016, 15:35
DISPUTES AND APPEALS

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

Message for the Team Cheatunity ? jajajajaja

Mezzanine
27-05-2016, 17:52
Hi there,

FA isn't my fav but I'm in for some low altitude heli flying ;)

Quick question: How will wall bouncing be dealt with? I expect this will happen a lot on this track.

good luck all

ps.: Just to be sure:
In order to save a/the replay of a lap in this event, the only way is to use external software to record a videofile (there's no ingame 'save replay'?)?

sbadham
28-05-2016, 09:35
I'd love to take part in these events, but my event list just doesn't appear to update. I posted on the forums yesterday:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47411-Missing-Community-Events

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious.

sbadham
28-05-2016, 10:51
Found this thread this morning where Stepan Vondrak identifies a fix. Some problem with a flaky game cache, very frustrating! (Thanks Stepan).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25838-Community-events-not-working/page3

HEF51
28-05-2016, 15:01
Well since I haven't seen it in here yet.... What is the rule on the curbs in T1, the nouvelle chicane and the whole pool section. There are no white lines providing any kind of boundary. Am I allowed to take the whole curb as the track or what?

The rules aren't very clear since there are no white lines to go off of.

ibby
28-05-2016, 18:36
Well since I haven't seen it in here yet.... What is the rule on the curbs in T1, the nouvelle chicane and the whole pool section. There are no white lines providing any kind of boundary. Am I allowed to take the whole curb as the track or what?

The rules aren't very clear since there are no white lines to go off of.

The rules are not unclear, you need to read them again. ;)
Curbs are not part of the track. That means you need to touch the tarmac with 2 tyres then.

Raven403
29-05-2016, 21:37
The rules are not unclear, you need to read them again. ;)
Curbs are not part of the track. That means you need to touch the tarmac with 2 tyres then.

Uhuh. Can't wait to see this thread in a few days time.

ElMister
29-05-2016, 23:47
Finally managed to break that damn 1:09 barrier. Goal completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysZJpXnDvE

HEF51
31-05-2016, 03:43
Finally managed to break that damn 1:09 barrier.

seems like you rubbed up on a barrier too.

mangator
31-05-2016, 08:59
My lap, not the cleanest but that's the best I managed to do :D Plus my setup in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDzgAJKiwI&feature=share

ElMister
31-05-2016, 12:01
My lap, not the cleanest but that's the best I managed to do :D Plus my setup in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDzgAJKiwI&feature=share

Where is that cockpit cam, mate? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlzaPoD83JE

SDL Rotax
31-05-2016, 12:48
Amazing lap Mangator and ElMister, congrats to both of you ! :D

mangator
31-05-2016, 16:35
Where is that cockpit cam, mate? ;)

Sorry I can't play with the cockpit cam :) At least with this car.

FinPro
31-05-2016, 19:23
Great lap Manganator ! I had no chance to keep up with u this time ;)

Nice to see u guys also sharing setups!

Joseph Barron
02-06-2016, 09:29
Here are the results from this Round.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/logitech-championship-series-round-3-results

During the Round, a question emerged in the Console Division about possible differences in the handling of the Formula A car between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. After a thorough investigation with the SMS physics team, we have determined that there are no differences in the carís handling between these two platforms. By the end of the event, the fastest Xbox One times had improved to close to the best times on PS4, and PC too. In fact, within the SDL Motorsport team, its drivers set some faster times on Xbox than they did on PC, and were quicker than some of their PS4 rivals too. As usual, the pace was similar across all platforms by the end of the event.

In the full results you may also notice that some PS4 drivers - who were outside the PS4 top 30 on the in-game leaderboards - were faster than the bottom three Xbox One drivers who have scored points. This is because - as stated in the driver briefings - we only compare the top 30 ghosts on the two console platforms, and a number of drivers on both consoles were disqualified for track-cutting. In light of this phenomenon, SMS will re-evaluate this rule during the Summer break and may implement a change.

SRT_Chuckno33
02-06-2016, 10:25
Here are the results from this Round.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/logitech-championship-series-round-3-results

During the Round, a question emerged in the Console Division about possible differences in the handling of the Formula A car between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. After a thorough investigation with the SMS physics team, we have determined that there are no differences in the carís handling between these two platforms. By the end of the event, the fastest Xbox One times had improved to close to the best times on PS4, and PC too. In fact, within the SDL Motorsport team, its drivers set some faster times on Xbox than they did on PC, and were quicker than some of their PS4 rivals too. As usual, the pace was similar across all platforms by the end of the event.

In the full results you may also notice that some PS4 drivers - who were outside the PS4 top 30 on the in-game leaderboards - were faster than the bottom three Xbox One drivers who have scored points. This is because - as stated in the driver briefings - we only compare the top 30 ghosts on the two console platforms, and a number of drivers on both consoles were disqualified for track-cutting. In light of this phenomenon, SMS will re-evaluate this rule during the Summer break and may implement a change.

Hello,

I writing for know what happened with Dofrer he has not in the result i have this laps on video and for me thats thats correct can you check please?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RobinPansar

Thanks,

SRT_Chuckno33

Joseph Barron
02-06-2016, 10:32
Hello,

I writing for know what happened with Dofrer he has not in the result i have this laps on video and for me thats thats correct can you check please?

Thanks,

SRT_Chuckno33

Dofrer's ghost had three wheels on the kerb, off the track, at the Nouvelle Chicane after the tunnel. As stated in Section 2 of the rules:

"For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track."

SRT_Chuckno33
02-06-2016, 10:38
Hello,

Thanks,

SRT_Chuckno33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vKNzrOuV8

SRT_Chuckno33
02-06-2016, 10:38
Dofrer's ghost had three wheels on the kerb, off the track, at the Nouvelle Chicane after the tunnel. As stated in Section 2 of the rules:

"For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track."

Ok thanks.

SRT_Chuckno33,

Figuur84
02-06-2016, 11:10
Looks like some of our drives are DSQ too, but glad to see our first points now, at least we're on 'the list' :)

chuchu747
02-06-2016, 12:20
Greetings.

Congratulations to all drivers who scored points :) Great times.

I do have one concern though. Me ( [ANBU] Luis Moreno ) and Pol Faustino have scored points in the previous round, but we do not see our team, ANBU Racing, in the points standings :( Why is this so? :/

Cheers

Joseph Barron
02-06-2016, 13:22
Greetings.

Congratulations to all drivers who scored points :) Great times.

I do have one concern though. Me ( [ANBU] Luis Moreno ) and Pol Faustino have scored points in the previous round, but we do not see our team, ANBU Racing, in the points standings :( Why is this so? :/

Cheers

Hi chuchu. You can only score team points if you are part of a team which was registered before the season started.

ANBU Racing was registered before the season started. However, the registration form only included the following three Steam names:
- chuchu747
- scarlet lights
- fifthgatv

The names that you use inside the game need to match the Steam names that you registered before the season started. You will be able to edit your registration form during the summer break from July 11-22.

chuchu747
02-06-2016, 13:48
Hi chuchu. You can only score team points if you are part of a team which was registered before the season started.

ANBU Racing was registered before the season started. However, the registration form only included the following three Steam names:
- chuchu747
- scarlet lights
- fifthgatv

The names that you use inside the game need to match the Steam names that you registered before the season started. You will be able to edit your registration form during the summer break from July 11-22.

Understood. Thank you :)

enry68tdl
03-06-2016, 12:58
(XBOX) Hi, I wanted to know why our pilot elcapra68
who made the time to 1:13,163 unstaged!!
Wonder why they were the first our points as a team and I wanted to know where he was made the mistake, Thanks!!

Joseph Barron
03-06-2016, 13:38
(XBOX) Hi, I wanted to know why our pilot elcapra68
who made the time to 1:13,163 unstaged!!
Wonder why they were the first our points as a team and I wanted to know where he was made the mistake, Thanks!!

Hi enry. elcapra68 had three wheels on the kerb, off the track, inside the Nouvelle Chicane, after the tunnel.

As stated in Section 2 of the rules (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-logitech-g-championship-series.html):

enry68tdl
03-06-2016, 17:01
Hi enry. elcapra68 had three wheels on the kerb, off the track, inside the Nouvelle Chicane, after the tunnel.

As stated in Section 2 of the rules (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-logitech-g-championship-series.html):

Thank you for the clarification, In this League there are riders very fast, we're trying to get of making some point, we'll try again in future events!
Your game we love, unfortunately in Italy we don't have good connections and we suffer from lag during online races, if you could improve the game there would appreciate it!!

Gasman888
07-06-2016, 22:28
Sorry Joseph, but on the official scoreboard our points are not correct.(VRroom team 1) our team total is 23points yet I alone (project_Sideways) have scored 28points and I know both Evdokas and C_Larkey have scored points aswell, so not sure what's happened, thanks.
Just to clarify, this is in the Logitech championship

Joseph Barron
08-06-2016, 09:01
Sorry Joseph, but on the official scoreboard our points are not correct.(VRroom team 1) our team total is 23points yet I alone (project_Sideways) have scored 28points and I know both Evdokas and C_Larkey have scored points aswell, so not sure what's happened, thanks.
Just to clarify, this is in the Logitech championship

Hi Gasman. Yes, we've spotted this as well. We're going to review the LGCS points table after this week's NCS results have been published.

Gasman888
08-06-2016, 16:11
Hi Gasman. Yes, we've spotted this as well. We're going to review the LGCS points table after this week's NCS results have been published.

Thankyou.