PDA

View Full Version : USB Keypad Hard-Mapping Arrow/Number Keys to Look Function?

Slimklim
28-05-2016, 14:52
I just got a cheap USB Keypad to use as an aux button box, and it works, except the keypad has some dual function keys, like the 4, 6, 2, and 8 keys are also arrow keys. When I press those buttons, it does the function I assigned to them, but it also activates the look left/right/up/down function depending on the key.

I thought might be because I had the look functions assigned to the arrow buttons on the wheel, so I removed those but it didn't fix it, for some reason the game automatically picks up those arrow buttons regardless of what you assign to them.

Just curious if anyone has had the same issue, not sure what I can do to fix it, aside from buy a keypad that doesn't have those arrow keys.

WIDExLOAD
28-05-2016, 15:33
im using a targus usb keypad, same issues my friend

Goresh
28-05-2016, 19:02
When you say you removed the look functions mapping did you in fact assign these to other buttons?

Slimklim
28-05-2016, 19:05
Nope, just cleared them so nothing was assigned to them.

wyldanimal
29-05-2016, 04:05
I just got a cheap USB Keypad to use as an aux button box, and it works, except the keypad has some dual function keys, like the 4, 6, 2, and 8 keys are also arrow keys. When I press those buttons, it does the function I assigned to them, but it also activates the look left/right/up/down function depending on the key.

I thought might be because I had the look functions assigned to the arrow buttons on the wheel, so I removed those but it didn't fix it, for some reason the game automatically picks up those arrow buttons regardless of what you assign to them.

Just curious if anyone has had the same issue, not sure what I can do to fix it, aside from buy a keypad that doesn't have those arrow keys.

It is a known Issue, On Most Numeric Keypads, If you Turn NumLock Off, the 2, 4, 6, 8 keys Become the Arrow Keys.

So in the Coding for pCars, it must be reading the Key Codes as the Arrow Keys.

So as you Discovered, you can Assign a Function the Number Key 2 on the Key Pad.
But it still also functions as the Down Arrow.

2= Down
4 = Left
6 = Right
8 = Up

Slimklim
30-05-2016, 14:37
I ended up leaning into it and assigning those functions to the arrow keys and using the D-pad on the wheel for some of the seat-positioning functions. It's not ideal but I still have all the functions I want in-game, hopefully one of the upcoming patches fixes the issue.