PDA

View Full Version : Simulated oil on helmet or CV-1 defect?

Snipeuout
30-05-2016, 20:16
Racing formula B, I noticed that when the sun is low at Hockenheim, it looks like drops of oil on my lens of my rift. I cleaned my lens off and they looked fine, but back in game the sludge's create a glare off the sun are still there. Before I freak out, is this normal and a simulated effect for open wheel racing? I haven't noticed this yet in any other game.

MrTulip
30-05-2016, 20:35
There is a dirty screen effect in helmet view with open wheelers. It is visible in some specific angles to sun. You can turn it off in the settings (screen dirt); see if it helps. :)

Sampo
30-05-2016, 20:48
Do you mean the 'godray effect' like in this article? http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/why-vive-has-won-the-early-vr-race-in-my-house/2/

Snipeuout
30-05-2016, 21:39
There is a dirty screen effect in helmet view with open wheelers. It is visible in some specific angles to sun. You can turn it off in the settings (screen dirt); see if it helps. :)

I ment this.

Also the Rift feels like a helmet and the limited FOV reminds me of a helmet too. This is the best gear for simulating racing. Too bad the resolution is sooo bad.