PDA

View Full Version : To the developers...

KeDonX
30-05-2016, 20:44
Hi

I have Project Cars on PS4. I never join forums or complain, but this needs to be said.
You as developers keep launching expansion packs and updates for the easy-to-fix problems, but never solutions to the major issues that cripples your online servers!

Us, the customers, the people who fund Project Cars, have to put up with cars crashing into imaginary objects in mid track, random disconnects etc. I've changed from adsl, to a wireless broadband solution and changed again to LTE, it's not my connection, all issues still persist.

I know saying this wont make a difference and it wont make a dent in your finances, but I think I speak for a lot of consumers when I say that I will not be supporting you with Project Cars 2.

Gran Turismo 6, Forza 4, Forza 5 and Forza 6...all had much more stable lobbies than Project Cars. Never once did I hit invisible objects in races, all games have dc problems, these games had as well, but not close to what I have experienced with Project cars.

Its an awesome game but your flimsy online servers absolutely cripples the experience.

Rambo_Commando
30-05-2016, 21:56
Welcome to the forum :D. Also, please change your platform to PS4.

Redslayer
31-05-2016, 02:17
Replace androids with developers, and you'll see my reaction to disconnects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-PlyIJ5Ho

Ian Bell
31-05-2016, 05:36
Hi

I have Project Cars on PS4. I never join forums or complain, but this needs to be said.
You as developers keep launching expansion packs and updates for the easy-to-fix problems, but never solutions to the major issues that cripples your online servers!

Us, the customers, the people who fund Project Cars, have to put up with cars crashing into imaginary objects in mid track, random disconnects etc. I've changed from adsl, to a wireless broadband solution and changed again to LTE, it's not my connection, all issues still persist.

I know saying this wont make a difference and it wont make a dent in your finances, but I think I speak for a lot of consumers when I say that I will not be supporting you with Project Cars 2.

Gran Turismo 6, Forza 4, Forza 5 and Forza 6...all had much more stable lobbies than Project Cars. Never once did I hit invisible objects in races, all games have dc problems, these games had as well, but not close to what I have experienced with Project cars.

Its an awesome game but your flimsy online servers absolutely cripples the experience.

You're welcome to not buy, but always be wary of speaking for a 'lot of consumers'. We're getting multiple times more requests for information, direct emails, journalist approaches, publishing and distribution requests, pre-order requests etc for pCARS 2 than we ever saw with pCARS1.

On the servers, well, we're not Sony or Microsoft. We're not a first party able to pull server farms out of the back pocket. We DO use the online server systems provided to all non first party gods and that's Live and Plus.

I'm not saying we can't improve things, it's always possible and we'll always keep working it.

Schadows
31-05-2016, 11:40
I never join forums or complain, but this needs to be said.
[..]
Us, the customers, the people who fund Project Cars, have to put up with cars crashing into imaginary objects in mid track, random disconnects etc.I think it may help if people were reporting these issues instead of "just" complaining.
Many people don't have these issues and the devs probably never see them either. A detailed message about where and how you encounter these problems would probably be more helpful, I think.

RomKnight
31-05-2016, 13:48
Schadows, even on PC... Disconnects were / are? completely random and IIRC the only message you get (on PC) is in TT saying you're no longer connected or online or something.

MAss disconnects was one of the reasons pCARS is no longer played in Portugal - there was ONE plase using pCARS and not anymore but if you find another, please tell me. It was a matter of luck to even go from quali to race on a dedicated server. Same server, R3E, AC, Automobilista... Unless the server crashes I have yet to read a post about connection problems.

Just read the MP/DS threads.

flatspunout
31-05-2016, 18:44
I think it may help if people were reporting these issues instead of "just" complaining.
Many people don't have these issues and the devs probably never see them either. A detailed message about where and how you encounter these problems would probably be more helpful, I think.

They do get reported, but they can't be replicated because SMS only have a couple of PS4 dev kits. If the issue can't be replicated it can't be fixed. I'm sure Sony doesn't just give them away, but it is frustrating nonetheless that there are a dozen or so little things that could pop up at any time and end your race. Are they game-breakers? No, but when I get stuck in the pits or disco or hit a landmine or whatever with 10 to go in a 50 or 60 lap league race that I've spent a few hours preparing for it makes me want to just turn it off and not play the game. The devil is in the details!

Schadows
31-05-2016, 19:09
If I was having repeated disconnection in online races, it would probably be a game breaker to me, since I was underwhelm with what the career had to offer.
But as I said, that's not my case (I'm playing on PC). Maybe I don't play enough, who knows.
Maybe the devs could add some logging on the PC version for the user to sent their trace to them when unexpected connection happen (but if it was that simple maybe it would have already been done).

ONT
31-05-2016, 23:14
Delete

ONT
31-05-2016, 23:23
On the servers, well, we're not Sony or Microsoft. We're not a first party able to pull server farms out of the back pocket.
We DO use the online server systems provided to all non first party gods and that's Live and Plus.

I'm not saying we can't improve things, it's always possible and we'll always keep working it.

I just made a thread "Is multiplayer broken in this patch ?"

Sound like the issues on PS4 is mirrored on PC.

My totally non scientific theory is a lack of filter for online players with high ping/latency.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47443-Is-multiplayer-broken-in-this-patch

Schnizz58
31-05-2016, 23:56
Delete

Edit Post -> Delete

ONT
01-06-2016, 13:33
Edit Post -> Delete

I think that function is bugged lol

Schnizz58
01-06-2016, 13:46
No, I just tried it and it works.

poirqc
01-06-2016, 14:18

You need to click a radio button and enter a reason, then click the delete button.