PDA

View Full Version : How does the passage of time work in between sessions?

Javaniceday
01-06-2016, 23:14
So I was under the impression that if you set the start time at 8am, for instance, the day would reset for every session. As in, practice starts at 8am, quali at 8am, and the race would also be at 8am. I figured that was the easiest thing to code.

But yesterday I saw this wasn't true. We had a quali session at 8am, for 15 minutes. But when the race started it was clearly much much later. I'd say around 5 or 6pm. I did have Time Progression at x10 for drama's sake.

So then, how does it work? If time is continuous, at x10, after the quali 15 minutes the time would be around 10am, so the race would have started at 10am. How many hours does the game put between sessions?

I also would have thought that if you select a 8am start time, the game would calculate backwards so that quali starts t whatever time earlier so that the race is at 8? That's not what's happening though. So does anyone know?

By the way, it's really very cool that the game puts time in between the sessions. Gives it a real genuine feel. I just need to know how it works so I can understand at what time the race would start!

BuToNz
02-06-2016, 09:35
Since the in game clock is linked to the car dashboard clock - it would be fairly easy to test.

Javaniceday
02-06-2016, 22:29
Does the lack of answers mean that no one knows?

AbeWoz
02-06-2016, 23:17
as mentioned above, hop in a car that has a dashboard clock and test it for yourself.

F1_Racer68
02-06-2016, 23:37
It used to be that all sessions were consecutive, meaning that if you started practice at 8:00 am for 30 minutes and the went to qualifying, the qualifying session would be at 8:30 am.

Somewhere around patch 3 or 4 that changed so that the clock resets for every session. If your start time is set for 8:00 am, then every session will start at 8:00 am.

We have been running a league series with time progression since November, and I can confirm that this has been the case for every one of our races.

Javaniceday
03-06-2016, 00:09
It used to be that all sessions were consecutive, meaning that if you started practice at 8:00 am for 30 minutes and the went to qualifying, the qualifying session would be at 8:30 am.

Somewhere around patch 3 or 4 that changed so that the clock resets for every session. If your start time is set for 8:00 am, then every session will start at 8:00 am.

We have been running a league series with time progression since November, and I can confirm that this has been the case for every one of our races.

Thank you! That's what I thought too, and it's very interesting to see that it changed after some patches. I have a feeling its changed again though.

And to those saying to go test it yourself, you're not helping. Obviously I've been testing it, and have gotten inconsistent results - there are a lot of variables involved, so it makes sense to ask if someone already knows the rules.

Fanapryde
03-06-2016, 06:11
And to those saying to go test it yourself, you're not helping. Obviously I've been testing it, and have gotten inconsistent results - there are a lot of variables involved, so it makes sense to ask if someone already knows the rules.
When asking for help, it also makes sense to give all possible info (like what and how you have been testing), right ?

NemethR
03-06-2016, 06:24
When asking for help, it also makes sense to give all possible info (like what and how you have been testing), right ?

He has given all the info needed to answer his question.

Diamond_Eyes
03-06-2016, 06:56
Jeez....

Javaniceday
03-06-2016, 06:59
Well, I tried it, and lo and behold, the time is reset at the start of each session. How weird that it happened that one time. But I tried different settings, skipping to the end of session, going through the whole quali session, x10 time progression, x2, etc, etc.

Very weird. When the time fast forwarded for the race it was at oschersleben, using group A cars. I haven't been able to replicate that occurrence. Doesn't seem like a bug to me - just a quirk in the game design. idk.

Slowsley
05-06-2016, 18:19
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....