PDA

View Full Version : Oulton Park Island - Ruf CTR3 SMS-R

LTN Coke
03-06-2016, 01:23
Why is there a difference in the speed for the same gearing between time trial and Nvidia Challenger series round 4 ? Same car Ruf CTR3 SMS-R , same track Oulton Park Island same saved set up final drive 3.88 second gear tops at 71mph but this set up for the challenge 2nd gear tops at 80mph.
I have checked the difference between 1st to 4th gears and the gearing is set higher for all in the Nvidia challenge for this car and track. If I set the final drive to 3.44 and run in time trial I get gear to speed match for a 3.88 final drive for the challenge.

[LTN]Coke

Joseph Barron
03-06-2016, 10:43
Why is there a difference in the speed for the same gearing between time trial and Nvidia Challenger series round 4 ? Same car Ruf CTR3 SMS-R , same track Oulton Park Island same saved set up final drive 3.88 second gear tops at 71mph but this set up for the challenge 2nd gear tops at 80mph.
I have checked the difference between 1st to 4th gears and the gearing is set higher for all in the Nvidia challenge for this car and track. If I set the final drive to 3.44 and run in time trial I get gear to speed match for a 3.88 final drive for the challenge.

[LTN]Coke

The Nvidia Challenger Series is a Fixed Setup Series. It uses the default setups for each car.

Any changes that you have made to a car's setup in other modes are reset to the defaults when you enter an Nvidia Challenger Series event using that car.

LTN Coke
03-06-2016, 21:07
Thank you for your reply.

[LTN]Coke

bonesai
05-06-2016, 12:52
Pls i need help. Ive driven an 1.14.9 time today, it wasnt legal cause i leaved the track. My fastest legal time was 1.15.122. I restartet the session and leaved after.
But now my fail round + ghost is in the leaderboard.. Thats not funny ... :/

TheDoctor46
05-06-2016, 13:02
Not reading the event regulations (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47549-NVIDIA-Challenger-Series-Round-4-RUF-CTR3-SMS-R-at-Oulton) is not funny =/

cluck
05-06-2016, 13:13
Not reading the event regulations (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47549-NVIDIA-Challenger-Series-Round-4-RUF-CTR3-SMS-R-at-Oulton) is not funny =/Harsh but true. The rules are laid out at the start of every round and it is every competitors responsibility to read them and follow them.

To be fair, though, 1m14.9 won't be a top-20 time anyway so not eligible for points.