PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX settings anno 2016/06

breyzipp
05-06-2016, 08:15
Hi guys, I know the sticky posts on top have a ton of messages on the Thrustmaster TX wheel settings but the majority of those are from when the game was just out. I haven't really played much Project CARS until this point and I now want to spend some more serious time with it (Forza 6 burnout :p).

I played a bit with the default settings, I changed some settings based on some old Youtube videos from Inside SimRacing and MoneyMan300 but overall I'm certainly not happy about how the wheel feels. There seems to be input lag from the wheel itself which makes the car handle sluggish and the ffb feels wrong as well (I already lowered it to 50 since it was way too strong). I just want to get rid of all my changes and follow a guide that goes through both the wheel and ffb settings based on more recent versions of the game.

So I don't really know where to start. If anyone could help me out with some info on which setup guide to follow for a decent all-round driving experience that would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

nissan4ever
05-06-2016, 09:21
leave FFB at 100. Lower Tire Force down to 50 & then increase or decrease in increments of 5 to get level you want. I recommend jack spade's spreadsheet for the rest of the menu settings & settings per car (or use http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/xbox-1/121).

OctoberDusk06
05-06-2016, 09:23
My full settings are here: http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/xbox-1/121

breyzipp
05-06-2016, 12:44
Thanks guys, I applied those settings from your link and it is already a lot better than what I had before. Will probably increase overall FFB from that 66 to 75 or so as for my preference it may be a bit stronger than at 66. Still have a bit of sluggish wheel response but maybe that was due to the car I was driving (Catherham academy from the zero to hero storyline) which isnt' the most fun car to begin with.

Talking about that Catherman, sometimes after a complete stop (after a spin or something) the car seems to stall and I don't have any engine power anymore. The only way to have the gas pedal working again is to press reset car. Any idea what that could be? My Catherham is as default as it can get, never touched any of it's tuning or individual ffb settings. I have all assits on "real" or else on off. Controls are manual shifting + autoclutch off (I have that H-shifter addon from Thrustmaster). It happened on the starting line a few times as well but the remedy seems to be to press the gas immediately as the flyover camera does its thing (with shifter in first gear and clutch pedal pushed in so I don't make a false start).

HenTheKing
05-06-2016, 19:31
There is a setting somewhere in the control settings called auto ignition. You are stalling the car, so you either need that setting on or you need to assign an engine start button.

Thats vague but it's correct! Good luck!

breyzipp
08-06-2016, 21:14
Settings in this game feel so weird. I applied those settings from you guys, got a message with some other settings which I applied over those and in general that felt pretty good even though on some cars there was a lot of oversteer (modern BMW touring car, M30 I think?). The BAC Mono felt really good yesterday (best feeling so far until then), to my surprise the superkart yesterday even felt good on most circuits. Now today (in season 2 from career mode) another series for the 125cc karts popped up and the same settings were aweful there, that kart was spinning all over the place (at the start of season 1 a few days ago with the default settings the kart felt way better). Anyway today in the retro touring UK thingy I took the Mercedes which felt weird as well (too much oversteer). But after that, another series for road cars and I took the Toyota GT-86. Holy ****!!!! That car feels fantastic right of the bat! (stock settings for the car, all assists to real) For the first time I felt like I was racing instead of just doing laps trying to control the car to stay on the road and taking corners like a granny. And I could really feel well what the car was doing. Earlier today I tried some Forza 6 as well (got that code for the Ford GTLM) and the difference in feel for the car is so obvious. The handling in Project CARS just blows Forza 6 out of the water.... IF it's set up properly.

Looking forward to discovering more cars but so far without tuning any car individual that GT-86 is my favorite car. BAC Mono runner up. :)

nissan4ever
09-06-2016, 02:52
On those karts, you got to be easy on the throttle coming going through & exiting turns :) They can be a handful. I personally didn't care for any of the karts, lol.

breyzipp
09-06-2016, 06:13
On those karts, you got to be easy on the throttle coming going through & exiting turns :) They can be a handful. I personally didn't care for any of the karts, lol.

Yes I don't care much for the karts either but it's a necessary evil when you are working on zero to hero. :) I don't mind them in the career mode though and I assume after season 2 they won't pop up much anymore.
But it's still weird that with the default game settings the baby karts worked decent and cars were so-so. When I then improve settings and FFB for cars it seems it has a negative impact on the baby karts.

nissan4ever
09-06-2016, 07:28
You might need to increase your steering ratio # in tuning of the karts. Perhaps you'll be less prone to spin outs. The degrees of rotation might be to low for you. Don't get on the gas till it's pointing straight ahead :)

breyzipp
09-06-2016, 07:49
Yes you are probably right, in the beginning karts were fine and cars had understeer. Now that cars are more towards normal steering the kart seems to oversteer. Not going to divert back to the old settings but I will probably need to tweak the kart individually to make it good again... if I care enough to invest time in it. :)

Apoc112
10-06-2016, 07:54
It has been a while since I tried the Jack Spade setup. I'm now on fully custom settings, but am not really happy with it. Does the latest JS or OctoberDusk's (linked above) cure the problem of having an extremely heavy wheel at a stand-still?

I found the JS settings to feel good at full speed, but getting spun or going off and then trying to fight a locked-up wheel to recover would often cost me a race. I was able to fix it, but not without losing some feeling at speed.

nissan4ever
10-06-2016, 08:20
You have to adjust something under main menu settings to correct the heavy wheel you are feeling after spinning out. I just can't remember this very second.

ANAMENOONEHAD
12-06-2016, 20:27
It has been a while since I tried the Jack Spade setup. I'm now on fully custom settings, but am not really happy with it. Does the latest JS or OctoberDusk's (linked above) cure the problem of having an extremely heavy wheel at a stand-still?

I found the JS settings to feel good at full speed, but getting spun or going off and then trying to fight a locked-up wheel to recover would often cost me a race. I was able to fix it, but not without losing some feeling at speed.

change the low speed spring coefficient to a lower setting...mines is set to .03, low spring saturation set to .99 that should fix it. they shouldve fixed that in testing.

breyzipp
20-08-2016, 18:49
Quickly going to reply here for future reference what I am using now.

1) General settings - from Koza_Nostra : http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/xbox-1/168
2) Per car settings - from Jack Spades (classic) just like Koza_Nostra suggested to do : http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/export (take classic)

3) For future refference, Jack Spades his own thread : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

The Koza_Nostra settings really work well for me, of course it can probably still be better but I don't want to bother too much with finding the ideal settings. Also, his post is from june 2016 so it's really the recent patch experience. There is a lot of older / outdated info out on the net as well but that was from before patches that have affected ffb settings in one way or the other.