PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Digital dash.

ONT
09-06-2016, 03:08
Some of the layout options.

If someone is bored at SMS we could use one for the Ford FUSION :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJw_nW5h_g

CPU M Rossi
09-06-2016, 03:27
but its not a NASCAR stock car.

Bealdor
09-06-2016, 04:41
but its not a NASCAR stock car.

Why not?

CPU M Rossi
09-06-2016, 04:53
Why not?
well it isn't licensed as one :p
also a 3000 some pound tube framed race car based on a sedan doesn't automatically make said car a NASCAR Sprint Cup stock car.

Bealdor
09-06-2016, 06:36
well it isn't licensed as one :p

From my understanding it is:

More so that updating to the 2016 car happened quite late in the running. Ford suggested switching over to the brand new body shape and we were happy to oblige, even if it did mean making a number of updates as they went through approval process with NASCAR for the design. :) Did mean some things like the digital dashboard weren't available to do accurately by the time we had to finish up.

Tbolt47
09-06-2016, 06:58

I thought it was just licensed as a Ford stock car? It doesn't say NASCAR anywhere in the game.

Neil Bateman
09-06-2016, 07:16
Having this car in the game makes no sense to me if you dont have chevvy and toyota and dont have ovals, if a car irl has its own single make series its fine but a field of nascar ford fusions not racing on ovals is as unatural as it gets.

Joshua Healy
09-06-2016, 10:22
I thought it was just licensed as a Ford stock car? It doesn't say NASCAR anywhere in the game.

People on this forum have been going over this since it's release. In my opinion... I don't care what it's called in game, what people think it is. It entirely, 100% based on the Nascar sprint cup stock car. It's not anything else. There is nothing else like it.

It's like saying the FG Falcon isn't a V8 Supercar. Everyone knows what it is and to pretend like you don't seems silly to me.

Tbolt47
09-06-2016, 18:14
People on this forum have been going over this since it's release. In my opinion... I don't care what it's called in game, what people think it is. It entirely, 100% based on the Nascar sprint cup stock car. It's not anything else. There is nothing else like it.

It's like saying the FG Falcon isn't a V8 Supercar. Everyone knows what it is and to pretend like you don't seems silly to me.

I was just pointing it out, it doesn't bother me either, just interested in the licensing.

Tbolt47
09-06-2016, 18:48
Having this car in the game makes no sense to me if you dont have chevvy and toyota and dont have ovals, if a car irl has its own single make series its fine but a field of nascar ford fusions not racing on ovals is as unatural as it gets.

It makes sense for some of us, but this is where you can't beat specific series games if you want that sort of thing. Titles like PC are great if you want to drive a good selection of cars, but if you want to run a realistic series then you need to look elsewhere.

Joshua Healy
09-06-2016, 20:53
I was just pointing it out, it doesn't bother me either, just interested in the licensing.

Sorry if it seemed like I was directing it at you specifically.... was more a general thing that used your quote as context ^_^

CPU M Rossi
10-06-2016, 01:48

Watkins Glen, Road America and Sonoma (aka Sears Point aka Infineon) all tracks NASCAR goes to, all tho the Sprint cup cars don't run at Road America

yeah Ford designs the car & then NASCAR approves their design because of course Ford is gonna try slip something pass NASCAR that might be in a bit of gray area in the rules but to me it is still just a Ford Fusion stock car in Project Cars as that is how its licensed

ONT
10-06-2016, 02:36
I would love to have the OVAL versions of the FUSION also...but what we got is the ROAD version :)

Officially raced at SONOMA and WATKINS GLEN in the CUP version, and also at ROAD AMERICA in the lower "Nationwide Series".

Race start at 21.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjyYbS_o-I8

Race start at 22.50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OiMZZaUcJc

Race start at 2.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDKsqWerxs

CPU M Rossi
10-06-2016, 03:01
I would love to have the OVAL versions of the FUSION also...but what we got is the ROAD version :)

Officially raced at SONOMA and WATKINS GLEN in the CUP version, and also at ROAD AMERICA in the lower "Nationwide Series".

I don't think there is an "road course" car any more (I could be wrong)& that's another reason NASCAR went to the more symmetrical car they use now so teams don't need a specialized car for the road course tracks. I pretty sure a car setup to run 1 to 1.5 mile oval with some tweaks could hand a road course. Now pre a pre COT oval car would be a nightmare to take to a road course as the oval cars had very asymmetrical bodies on the cars.

Alan Dallas
10-06-2016, 03:17
I don't think there is an "road course" car any more (I could be wrong)& that's another reason NASCAR went to the more symmetrical car they use now so teams don't need a specialized car for the road course tracks. I pretty sure a car setup to run 1 to 1.5 mile oval with some tweaks could hand a road course. Now pre a pre COT oval car would be a nightmare to take to a road course as the oval cars had very asymmetrical bodies on the cars.

Correct, with the COT initiative it eliminated the need for separate bodies. Now all they have to do is change the suspension setup and some aero pieces.

kevin kirk
10-06-2016, 17:13
Nothing funnier than watching a nascar car flop around the track in the road course races every year.

ONT
10-06-2016, 22:31

My understanding is that most teams use dedicated road cars, different transmission and symmetric suspension but same tube frame.

CPU M Rossi
11-06-2016, 02:33
My understanding is that most teams use dedicated road cars, different transmission and symmetric suspension but same tube frame.
most big teams probably do have a dedicated road course car but with way the cars bodies are now it is not really needed
that's why NASCAR stopped teams from creating the crabbing setups teams were using as that was a way around not having a asymmetrical body

crab set up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PYfIikefGE