PDA

View Full Version : High-end Ps4 confirmed (PS4 Neo)

BigDad
10-06-2016, 22:29
http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/10/11902000/ps4-neo-confirmed-sony-4k
What do you think?
You in or out?
I'm in.

wyldanimal
11-06-2016, 04:54
Don't get too hyped just Yet.
You Won't be Gaming in 4K

the Video will be Upscaled to 4K video.
but the Gaming might still just be in 1080p

more Power Does Mean Less Frame rate Drops.

But I think the Biggest benefit will be VR on the New Console
Plus the Ability to Steam Video in 4K, and also Play 4K blu-Ray discs

but You Won't be Gaming in 4K on the Console.

BigDad
11-06-2016, 07:23
Don't get too hyped just Yet.
You Won't be Gaming in 4K

the Video will be Upscaled to 4K video.
but the Gaming might still just be in 1080p

more Power Does Mean Less Frame rate Drops.

But I think the Biggest benefit will be VR on the New Console
Plus the Ability to Steam Video in 4K, and also Play 4K blu-Ray discs

but You Won't be Gaming in 4K on the Console.
All those things you mentioned are exactly why i am excited , I've never expected 4K gaming to come to console anytime soon . Especially for the $400-$500 people will pay for a console .
Maybe ps5 but even then will the hardware have come down enough ?

hkraft300
11-06-2016, 20:20
I'll pass and hold out for the 5.
Can't justify $500 for basically the same console I already have.

xtro
11-06-2016, 23:42
All those things you mentioned are exactly why i am excited , I've never expected 4K gaming to come to console anytime soon . Especially for the $400-$500 people will pay for a console .
Maybe ps5 but even then will the hardware have come down enough ?

Same here. I'm perfectly happy with my 1080p TV and monitors for now. I think there is so much that can be achieved on consoles in terms of IQ at 1080p with more hardware power. There are rumors that the final specs are still open 499 would feature possibly a zen processor and possibly a final product more in the 5+TF range... seems like Sony is leaning towards this option. 399 would be close to the leaked specs from a few mo ago (jaguar 4.2TF). either way i'll be buying it and I hope SMS will have a neo version of pcars :D I'm in

GrimeyDog
12-06-2016, 00:22
I havent decided yet??? a more powerful system is always better but it Really depend on How or if Game developers can take advantage of the more powerful hardware to make games with 4k or better graphics. For Me to buy it true 4k Gaming is a Must... all i play is Racing and maybe a shooter Game Call of duty(Call of Duty sucks as it is so shooters are off the list for Now) but the point is those types of game where accuracy is important that small delay that upscaling creates throws off your accuracy... so for Me upscaled gaming is a No go. i very rarely watch movies,TV etc on console or my gaming TV which just happens to be the only UHD 4k TV in the House...LOL

Ryzza5
12-06-2016, 02:34
Purchased a PS4 last December and barely touched beyond the first 30 days (as expected). I'd rather put the money towards a 1080 Ti

BigDad
12-06-2016, 11:09
I'll pass and hold out for the 5.
Can't justify $500 for basically the same console I already have.
I wouldn't call 4-5TF performance basically the same as 1.8TF .
Yeah , i think that sort of increase for $500 is a no brainer . GTX970 is something like $400aus card only and has 4TF.
But if Microsoft can deliver the Scoropio with 6TF and Rift support , well ....

RoccoTTS
12-06-2016, 12:33
When PC2 comes out somewhere in 2017/2018 and it can take advantage of those new systems, i'm in for the new Xbox Scorpio.
But if the difference is very small or almost none, i'm not going to invest in a new console.

hkraft300
12-06-2016, 14:10
I wouldn't call 4-5TF performance basically the same as 1.8TF .
Yeah , i think that sort of increase for $500 is a no brainer . GTX970 is something like $400aus card only and has 4TF.
But if Microsoft can deliver the Scoropio with 6TF and Rift support , well ....

And is that performance increase $500-discernible with your current collection of games + periphery?

My point is that I'll keep that moneh for the following PS assuming it'll bring 4k and VR gaming with it on all titles.
I lie: I'm actually putting the $500 towards a new 4k tv, for when the 4K games start to arrive on the next round of consoles :)

RoccoTTS
12-06-2016, 14:18
And is that performance increase $500-discernible with your current collection of games + periphery?

My point is that I'll keep that moneh for the following PS assuming it'll bring 4k and VR gaming with it on all titles.
I lie: I'm actually putting the $500 towards a new 4k tv, for when the 4K games start to arrive on the next round of consoles :)

From the article :
"All games will support the standard PS4 and we anticipate all or a very large majority of games will also support the high-end PS4," House said.

morpwr
12-06-2016, 14:18
[QUOTE=GrimeyDog;1287011]I havent decided yet??? a more powerful system is always better but it Really depend on How or if Game developers can take advantage of the more powerful hardware to make games with 4k or better graphics. For Me to buy it true 4k Gaming is a Must... all i play is Racing and maybe a shooter Game Call of duty(Call of Duty sucks as it is so shooters are off the list for Now) but the point is those types of game where accuracy is important that small delay that upscaling creates throws off your accuracy... so for Me upscaled gaming is a No go. i very rarely watch movies,TV etc on console or my gaming TV which just happens to be the only UHD 4k TV in the House...LOL[/QUOTE

I'm guessing gt sport and ac will have a neo mode. I'm getting one maybe it will allow for more cars in a race without issues.

pavano
12-06-2016, 14:54
I'm guessing gt sport and ac will have a neo mode. I'm getting one maybe it will allow for more cars in a race without issues.

Why do you think AC will have a neo mode?

BigDad
13-06-2016, 00:33

The next round of consoles (ps5 ) probably won't be around for another 3-4 years and to be honest I'm not playing with this ps4 till then. Have a look at a decent gaming pc then look at ps4 and, well...we need more power.
I will put up with this ps4 if Microsoft release a massive xbox (Scoprpio) with Rift support. I'm no $ony fanboi.
What ever console offers best bang for buck.
Plus I've already got a 65”4k tv.
I'm also looking to upgrade my wheel because Gran Turismo won't support my Fanatec.

BigDad
13-06-2016, 00:36

Personally I think the recent delay of AC was because they got a Neo Dev kit from Sony and needed to optimise and improve things for the added power.
That and No Man's Sky also.

morpwr
13-06-2016, 01:20
Personally I think the recent delay of AC was because they got a Neo Dev kit from Sony and needed to optimise and improve things for the added power.
That and No Man's Sky also.

That's my take on it and you know the guys making gt sport knew what was in the works. Its going to be interesting when the new dd wheel comes out with those games.

morpwr
13-06-2016, 01:24

I don't see any reason a sim racing game wouldn't want to take advantage of it. Especially since pcars has set the bar pretty high on consoles.

2pfspiff
13-06-2016, 01:25
Not sure I would will upgrade the PS4 to the faster model, but 4X the power with the new XB1. To me that is a no brainer. I will have a new XB1 after the mad rush is over.

GrimeyDog
13-06-2016, 10:46
Not sure I would will upgrade the PS4 to the faster model, but 4X the power with the new XB1. To me that is a no brainer. I will have a new XB1 after the mad rush is over.

The only Racing Game that XBOX has is Forza and the FFB on FM6 is worse than the FFB on F3, 4 and 5!!! I dont care How powerful the New XBOX is without Great Racing Game Physics and FFB i will Not buy it!!! My only Grip with PS is the Controlers.... I like the XBOX controler design and Feel Better... But that is a mute issue because i race with a wheel.

GrimeyDog
13-06-2016, 11:04
The next round of consoles (ps5 ) probably won't be around for another 3-4 years and to be honest I'm not playing with this ps4 till then. Have a look at a decent gaming pc then look at ps4 and, well...we need more power.
I will put up with this ps4 if Microsoft release a massive xbox (Scoprpio) with Rift support. I'm no $ony fanboi.
What ever console offers best bang for buck.
Plus I've already got a 654k tv.
I'm also looking to upgrade my wheel because Gran Turismo won't support my Fanatec.

I recomend waiting a bit longer Sept/ Oct before upgrading your wheel... In oretty sure Fanatec will have a answer for the New TM DD wheel... Last Gen Consoles it was the other way around... TM was Froze out of the XB360 wheel Market for a Bit because Fanatec Locked in First.... This time it seems that TM has Locked in First with PS and MS and Fanatec is Froze out...But thats probably over or about to end because Fanatec Already Makes a XB1 Hub and I think they are working on a PS4 solution for the Launch of GT6...

When Fanatec Reveals its answer to the TM DD wheel its a Win Win Situation it will More than Likely Drop the Cost of the V2 wheel and Force TM to price their DD wheel at a Reasonable Selling Price Not to Mention that Fanatec May Be Dropping a DD wheel also...if Fanatec Droos a DD Wheel as Long as the Current Fanatec wheel Rims work on the New DD wheel i will buy it when its released... also I hope they Make Better Rim selection than the Hub and CSL XB1 Rim....The Hub is Ok but its No where Near as Good as the 918 Porsche Rim... The Hub is Heavy which is No Big deal because the V2 has the Power to compensate for that... The Hub button Mapping Absolutely Sucks for PS4 and XB1!!!

BigDad
13-06-2016, 11:32
I recomend waiting a bit longer Sept/ Oct before upgrading your wheel... In oretty sure Fanatec will have a answer for the New TM DD wheel... Last Gen Consoles it was the other way around... TM was Froze out of the XB360 wheel Market for a Bit because Fanatec Locked in First.... This time it seems that TM has Locked in First with PS and MS and Fanatec is Froze out...But thats probably over or about to end because Fanatec Already Makes a XB1 Hub and I think they are working on a PS4 solution for the Launch of GT6...

When Fanatec Reveals its answer to the TM DD wheel its a Win Win Situation it will More than Likely Drop the Cost of the V2 wheel and Force TM to price their DD wheel at a Reasonable Selling Price Not to Mention that Fanatec May Be Dropping a DD wheel also...if Fanatec Droos a DD Wheel as Long as the Current Fanatec wheel Rims work on the New DD wheel i will buy it when its released... also I hope they Make Better Rim selection than the Hub and CSL XB1 Rim....The Hub is Ok but its No where Near as Good as the 918 Porsche Rim... The Hub is Heavy which is No Big deal because the V2 has the Power to compensate for that... The Hub button Mapping Absolutely Sucks for PS4 and XB1!!!
Mate , i would love a top of the lin Fanatec but even if the CSW does drop in price i can't justify that sort of money . At the moment here in Australia the base alone is $1000 and the 918 Rim is $600 , wow .
They wont come near my price point .
Any wat today i bought a Thrustmaster T150 for $229 , so now ive got a wheel for GTS , just need to do the brake mod and i can just ust the Thrustmaster for Sony games and continue with my Fanatec GT2 for everything else .
Two wheels now and only spent the price of the 918 Rim, lol .
My Fanatec CSR Elite pedals make these Thrustmaster T150 pedals look like absolute crap , but with a mod im sure i can get it to feel good enough .

Ryzza5
14-06-2016, 11:53
The price of wheels wouldn't be so terrible if companies didn't feign incompatibility between console generations.

Flux64
15-06-2016, 18:02
after Microsoft's press conference on monday i think Sony might up the spec to match the xbox

xtro
16-06-2016, 15:12
after Microsoft's press conference on monday i think Sony might up the spec to match the xbox

Probably .. I really dislike sony's approach so far though. A lot of chicken shit talk from their ceo. Trying to play the good guys.

BigDad
18-06-2016, 12:15
http://www.gamepur.com/feature/23392-sources-ps4-neo-offers-55tf-performance-ridiculously-expensive-possible.html
I like the sound of a 5.5 teraflop PlayStation 4 .
Freaking rumours , come on Sony give us something firm .

TerminatorGR
19-06-2016, 10:17
Has anyone from SMS talked about potential support for PS4 Neo with new features and improvements?

BigDad
19-06-2016, 12:13
Has anyone from SMS talked about potential support for PS4 Neo with new features and improvements?
Hopefully they have .
All in house at the moment i guess , nothing puplic as far as i can tell .

m355y
23-06-2016, 11:08
Perfectly happy about Neo, because it's designed to work alongside the standard PS4 rather than replace it. If anything it could extend the lifespan of this gen of consoles rather than kill them off. Not sure if the same is true of the Xbox Scorpio though.

Boskapongen
23-06-2016, 11:15
Perfectly happy about Neo, because it's designed to work alongside the standard PS4 rather than replace it. If anything it could extend the lifespan of this gen of consoles rather than kill them off. Not sure if the same is true of the Xbox Scorpio though.

Scorpio is the same.

""While Xbox Scorpio will be fully compatible with Xbox One controllers, Kinect (for some reason) and all games and digital Xbox One content, Microsoft is essentially calling it a platform evolution. Think of it as something akin to a new iPhone arriving""

m355y
23-06-2016, 11:26
Scorpio is the same.

""While Xbox Scorpio will be fully compatible with Xbox One controllers, Kinect (for some reason) and all games and digital Xbox One content, Microsoft is essentially calling it a platform evolution. Think of it as something akin to a new iPhone arriving""

What I'm not clear about with Scorpio is whether it'll have the same forwards/backwards compatability - or even more so whether you'll be able to use post-Scorpio games on a standard Xbox One. With Neo I'm sure the idea is that all games will work on either version of the platform. If you have to upgrade to play Scorpio games then it's ultimately a completely new console, isn't it?

Boskapongen
23-06-2016, 11:31
What I'm not clear about with Scorpio is whether it'll have the same forwards/backwards compatability - or even more so whether you'll be able to use post-Scorpio games on a standard Xbox One. With Neo I'm sure the idea is that all games will work on either version of the platform. If you have to upgrade to play Scorpio games then it's ultimately a completely new console, isn't it?

We just have to see later on.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-scorpio-wont-make-4k-mandatory-devs-could/1100-6441045/

Boskapongen
23-06-2016, 11:35
But basically, consoles are like PC. When you upgrade the CPU and GPU on your PC, all games still works, only better. Consoles can have the same method.
The games automatically detects what machine you have and changes the settings for the game, easy.

For sure, this system can only work for some years when new chipsets, mem-sockets etc arrives.