PDA

View Full Version : Not fun at all...

mtyren
11-06-2016, 19:03
Hi all.
I had so been looking forward to this game , but what a disappointment!:mad: There must be something wrong with the game and the physics of it ? The cars skates the round as they drove on ice. It can't right that you have to fine tune all the cars before they are usable ?! If you try to drive in an Audi R10 on the Nordschleife , so you find out how unrealistic this game is. The car can't run in a gentle curve without being thrown off the track. I may be wrong , but something must be wrong with the game?

bporion
11-06-2016, 19:08
Hi , welcome to the forum . That's a hell of a first post ! You should try asking for help whit settings instead of just writing a complaint . But as it has been said before if you are not happy whit the game just get a refund .

Siberian Tiger
11-06-2016, 19:19
If you would like to receive help, we Need at least to know which Controller you use.
If you are only here to say that pCars is Unrealistic, then please move along...

We are here to help...

poirqc
11-06-2016, 19:22
I would say that pCars can be harsh when you first lauch it. There some fine tuning to do. But it's worth it to invest just a small amount of time. You'll be rewarded with it. It's a fun game!

What setup do you use to play?

Cheers!

Konan
11-06-2016, 19:26
If you would like to receive help, we Need at least to know which Controller you use.
If you are only here to say that pCars is Unrealistic, then please move along...

We are here to help...

...those who ask genuine questions...:cool:

hkraft300
11-06-2016, 19:46
Bashes on pcars physics...
Doesn't realise cold tyres have less grip...
Priceless.
I'm assuming he's talking about the R8 V10.

trinita
11-06-2016, 19:51
i have to admit i felt the exact same way when i first bought the game last year. I remember i got the pcars on a saturday.... tried a couple of cars with a very casual "gran turismo-esque" approach and each one of them felt simply undriveable.
I distinctly remember deciding i was gonna return the game on monday......

Sunday morning i gave it another shot....... and soon enough i figured out there had to be something wrong with my driving, rather than the game itself.... i fiddled a lot with the controller settings (can't even remember what i did change right now), but most importantly, i changed the way i handled the controller. I immediately noticed that the gentler i got with my "touch".... the smoother became the driving.

By monday i was so hooked i couldn't believe i initially considered returning the game.... what a difference 2 days can make!
The problem now is that i probably won't ever be able to enjoy another driving game (at least not on console)..... damn you SMS!!!

There are much more qualified people here to give u tips mate, but there's one advice i can definitely give you: don't give up on the game just yet. drop your frustrations, and try to approach project cars as if it were the first driving game you ever played. Drop every habit a life playing driving titles taught you and treat the controller (whichever your controller is) as if you were driving an actual car..... gently.

who knows, it might turn out to be the best virtual driving experience of your life!;)

edit: oh yeah, and definitely check your tyres temps!!!

Mad Al
11-06-2016, 19:57
Didn't realise we had an R10.. I'm guessing you meant R8 V10, in which case, I'd say that car at the Nords is probably the worst combination possible to show what Project CARS offers.. I assume your spin through a gentle curve is where that car grounds out..

Olijke Poffer
11-06-2016, 20:00
Hi all.
I had so been looking forward to this game , but what a disappointment!:mad: There must be something wrong with the game and the physics of it ? The cars skates the round as they drove on ice. It can't right that you have to fine tune all the cars before they are usable ?! If you try to drive in an Audi R10 on the Nordschleife , so you find out how unrealistic this game is. The car can't run in a gentle curve without being thrown off the track. I may be wrong , but something must be wrong with the game?

Pcars cars drive ok, even without tuning. I almost always drive with the standard setup and don't have the problems you describe.
As said by other members above, be aware that most of the cars have cold tires and thus they need to warm up by driving a few laps. Most of the GT cars will start with tires which are warm already.
It is not a game you jump in and win every race. It takes some time to master.

JessicaWalter
11-06-2016, 21:02
i found the learning curve to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. everything that affects your driving in-game makes perfect sense if you think about it (obviously, the game cant reproduce every variable as it exists in real life but if you expect that as an option then, reasonably, you cant be pleased). things like "driving on ice" aren't accurate phrases though, unless your definition of realistic driving is written by gran turismo, forza, need for speed, etc etc.

breyzipp
11-06-2016, 21:09
Hi all.

Don't give up yet! I had the same feeling in summer 2015 when I just started playing Project CARS, it all felt very unrealistic and uncontrollable, especially the kart races (which is where you start in zero to hero). 6 months later and being completely bored/burned out with Forza 6 I am back here, took my time to ask on the forums for some tunes and... booya! While karts are still a bit weird to drive and probably requite individual tuning, some cars like the Toyota GT86 and the BAC Mono already feel incredably good, WAY better than in Forza. And I haven't even really bothered to even go deeper into the settings and tune the cars individually.

Should the game feel better when you play it out of the box? Yes probably. But it is what it is. If you invest some time to configure the settings you will be rewarded with a great driving experience!

BreadedVirus
11-06-2016, 22:14
I thought the game was terrible....Until I bought a wheel and pedal set. Then a wheel stand. Next purchase is the T3PA Pro Pedal set and the shifter.

Jason PLAdoh
12-06-2016, 00:05
Turn All Assists off, they seem to make the car handle weird.

J

mtyren
12-06-2016, 06:55
Hello everyone. I was probably a little hard on the game. I really just a bad first-time experience of it. I played the game for 13 hours and didn't not think I could manage the cars . ( I still can't) ! ;-) I use a PS3 controller. I do not know if there it's any problems with that. After I've slept on it , I am open for tips on how I get a lot of pleasure out of the game. Sorry my acid reflux ! ;-)

Konan
12-06-2016, 06:58
Maybe you can start with this...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47437-Using-A-Controller-My-New-Setup-Makes-It-Easy

Konan
12-06-2016, 07:01
... Followed by this...enjoy! :cool:

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

trinita
12-06-2016, 10:54
I'm sure playing project cars with a proper wheel setup is a wonderful experience, but i use a ps4 pad and i can tell you i do just fine. The tricky thing with the pad is that you have to fiddle with the sensivity sliders to find the setup that you're most confortable with. There are plenty of useful threads on this topic on the forum (some of which were linked in this thread).
Keep in mind there's no right or wrong setup.... it's a very subjective thing..... it's all about finding the right compromise between smoothness and responsiveness. You want a car which responds well to your imputs, but you also don't want it to become to twitchy ((which is a big deal when you're playing on a pad). Try a setup, get a feel for it and then try a different one......once you find a setup that "feels almost right" in your hands, start fiddling with it to find your personal perfect setup.

also try driving with the assists on and off, to get a feel for both and decide for yourself which setup feels more "confortable". Personally, i keep the assists on (traction control, abs and so on).... but you might prefere otherwise.

one more thing, when you're testing, pick your cars and tracks wisely. As you've been told yesterday, r8 and Nordschleife is a terrible combination for your first experience with project cars..

Dakpilot
12-06-2016, 11:07
Regardless of pad setup, it is a good idea when starting out, to turn down (slider all the way to the right/higher number) the steering ratio to a slower setting in the car setup menu

remember that this will have to be done at every track

As you become more confident you can increase the increase the speed of the steering if needed

Cheers Dakpilot

rosko
12-06-2016, 13:14
If anything the game has too much grip not the other way around.

hkraft300
12-06-2016, 13:34
My controller settings:
Controller input mode 1 (do this 1st)
Advanced on, soft on, visual on, opposite off.
Back to the top and it goes 5, 20, 0, 50, 0, 50
Ignore the clutch numbers
Speed 30, controller 30.

Though you may want to start with speed sensitivity at 50+ and work your way down.

Olijke Poffer
12-06-2016, 14:20
I use the tilt motion for steering and I have an awful lot of fun with it. I can't steer with a stick and since I sold my Thrustmater TX not to long ago, I found this tilt motion steering with the dualshock4 the second best steering option. Nothing can beat a wheel of course.

Konan
12-06-2016, 14:28
I use the tilt motion for steering and I have an awful lot of fun with it. I can't steer with a stick and since I sold my Thrustmater TX not to long ago, I found this tilt motion steering with the dualshock4 the second best steering option. Nothing can beat a wheel of course.

I have the strange habit of tilting my controller when racing...in my case that would mean a lot of crashes...lol

E_Luckow
12-06-2016, 15:46
Hi all.

First question: how do play? With a wheel? Controller? or with the keyboard? :rolleyes:

Mahjik
12-06-2016, 15:47
First question: how do play? With a wheel? Controller? or with the keyboard? :rolleyes:

He answer that here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47678-Not-fun-at-all&p=1287038&viewfull=1#post1287038

PS controller.

Konan
12-06-2016, 15:48

*hum hum* did you read the OP? (Actually a bit further in the thread)
PS3 controller...:rolleyes:

Edit: shanghai'd

E_Luckow
12-06-2016, 15:48
Yup, sorry.

Konan
12-06-2016, 15:58
Yup, sorry.

BUSTED...for not reading the entire thread...lol

bporion
12-06-2016, 16:09
BUSTED...for not reading the entire thread...lol

well it is 3 pages long ! so ... :-)

E_Luckow
12-06-2016, 16:40
Ok, my bad. But c'mon, this kind of post pisses me off.

Konan
12-06-2016, 16:42

He did apologise further on though...

breyzipp
12-06-2016, 21:45
Hello everyone. I was probably a little hard on the game. I really just a bad first-time experience of it. I played the game for 13 hours and didn't not think I could manage the cars . ( I still can't) ! ;-) I use a PS3 controller. I do not know if there it's any problems with that. After I've slept on it , I am open for tips on how I get a lot of pleasure out of the game. Sorry my acid reflux ! ;-)

Also remember that some cars might feel right straight of the box, others might feel a bit wrong. For example straight out of the box I had a great feeling today with the default setup of the BMW 320 Touring Group 5, the BMW M1 and the Lancer EVO X (never drove them before). But the Mercedes A45 AMG didn't feel so good (you can't go high in revs). I'm still discovering the game and its cars and some feel great right away, others need some ffb tuning. For now I don't care too much about setting up cars, just cruising through career tiers with default setups. Once I have found my favorite cars I will dive deeper into their settings.

poirqc
12-06-2016, 21:57

It shouldn't, really.

The following isn't targeted at you.

Maybe the guys didn't wrote a flawless first post, but sim racing isn't specifically easy to hop in. If you compared it to other genre, where most setting won't change the experience as much, it easy to get puzzled. But you're still right. Behaving goes a long way!

I mean, as a community, we should try to help people, even with harsh first post. If they keep their stance, let the storm ensue.

The more player we can race with, the better! :D

Cheers! :cool: