PDA

View Full Version : When the next update ?

paikeam
14-06-2016, 07:26
hello everyone !

I would just like to know if I can still attempt a new update soon or not ?
I thought the planning was one update per month, is it true ?

yours,
paikeam.

Ian Bell
14-06-2016, 07:27
hello everyone !

I would just like to know if I can still attempt a new update soon or not ?
I thought the planning was one update per month, is it true ?

yours,
paikeam.

It was for the first year.

paikeam
14-06-2016, 09:43
ah okay... so now no more updates ?

Bealdor
14-06-2016, 09:47
ah okay... so now no more updates ?

No more monthly updates.

paikeam
14-06-2016, 09:54
okay thx!

hornet66
14-06-2016, 17:52
Just wondering if there are anymore updates planned for the console versions?
Thanks

inthebagbud
14-06-2016, 18:27
No more monthly updates.

that's an sms tease, not fair :victorious:

Konan
14-06-2016, 18:29
As said many times before:support is still ongoing,albeit at a slower pace (most of the crew is working on Pcars2)

Edit:and that also means game breaking bugs have priority...

Konan
14-06-2016, 18:30
that's an sms tease, not fair :victorious:

He could have said: SMSoon...:rolleyes:

inthebagbud
14-06-2016, 21:03
He could have said: SMSoon...:rolleyes:

Too be fair I think we have seen the last of updates for console umess some major game breaking error appears (and that is said with no opinion one way or another on the game that I will post in here)

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 16:51
Currently thiers issues on consoles that have already been fixed on the PC. Personally doesn't feel me with confidence to buy PC2 on any console if their not gonna get the same support.

amazed
15-06-2016, 17:54
But there will be more resources for console testing with PC2

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 18:26
PC2 could be the best game ever created on console. But currently what am hearing and seeing on consoles is a lot have lost confidence in the game. A lot of big issues and bugs still excist on all formats and all you hear is deal with it but the next one will be better. If you bought a car TV anything and had issues which for what ever reason wasn't fixed would you go back and spend more money on their new product. Or would you loose faith in the brand.

Mad Al
15-06-2016, 18:51
PC2 could be the best game ever created on console. But currently what am hearing and seeing on consoles is a lot have lost confidence in the game. A lot of big issues and bugs still excist on all formats and all you hear is deal with it but the next one will be better. If you bought a car TV anything and had issues which for what ever reason wasn't fixed would you go back and spend more money on their new product. Or would you loose faith in the brand.

Sometimes you just have to live with the fact you may not have produced the best thing possible due to time or financial constraints, or even technical limitations... see Microsoft announcement of the Scorpio for a wonderful example of that (apparently you will have to buy a new TV too, to make that worth the purchase.... and they say PC gaming is expensive!)

Konan
15-06-2016, 18:57

Where did you read someone stating "deal with it"??
Bugs are still being looked at and fixed where and when possible...

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 19:12
Sometimes you just have to live with the fact you may not have produced the best thing possible due to time or financial constraints, or even technical limitations... see Microsoft announcement of the Scorpio for a wonderful example of that (apparently you will have to buy a new TV too, to make that worth the purchase.... and they say PC gaming is expensive!)

Excalty and if the XB1 PS4 or what ever cant handle Project Cars how is it going to cope with PC2.

Konan
15-06-2016, 19:17
It's actually the Pcars1 engine that caused the limitations...not the consoles...

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 19:19
Where did you read someone stating "deal with it"??
Bugs are still being looked at and fixed where and when possible...

Thiers loads of threads with replys with people stating issues their having. And replys say that mybe not those excact words but that's what their implying.

Issues have been fixed on the PC but not on consoles. No one from SMS lets us know if its comeing or not hence some loose faith.
When is the grid light going to be fixed on the consoles ?.

Konan
15-06-2016, 19:22
You're talking about one fix pc had and consoles didn't (yet)...that fix was included in the "VR patch"which was pc only...

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 19:24
It's actually the Pcars1 engine that caused the limitations...not the consoles...

That's what i personally find confuseing a lot say its the console. Your saying its the engine which am not disputing cause I don't know.
A thread by SMS confirming and explaining that PC2 with be using X which will result in Y etc. Personally think will give people more confidence how the current issues and bugs will be dealt with in the PC2 and wont be thier.

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 19:26
You're talking about one fix pc had and consoles didn't (yet)...that fix was included in the "VR patch"which was pc only...

The one which fixed the none working grid lights. No one from SMS has said its comeing.

Mad Al
15-06-2016, 19:38
Excalty and if the XB1 PS4 or what ever cant handle Project Cars how is it going to cope with PC2.

Sometimes you have to go back and start from scratch... and then you can make a better product, that consumes less resources and therefore needs less hardware... see windows 10 vs 7 for example, 10 is faster and slimmer.

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 19:53
Sometimes you have to go back and start from scratch... and then you can make a better product, that consumes less resources and therefore needs less hardware... see windows 10 vs 7 for example, 10 is faster and slimmer.

Thank you but I don't see how that works with computers etc or really understand what you mean. But time will tell and ill just wait for the reviews of PC2 and such time i can afford a PC.

Konan
15-06-2016, 19:59
The one which fixed the none working grid lights. No one from SMS has said its comeing.

No one said it's not either...

Konan
15-06-2016, 20:04
That's what i personally find confuseing a lot say its the console. Your saying its the engine which am not disputing cause I don't know.
A thread by SMS confirming and explaining that PC2 with be using X which will result in Y etc. Personally think will give people more confidence how the current issues and bugs will be dealt with in the PC2 and wont be thier.

As far as i know it's the engine that prevented some of the features to be implemented...
That is also the reason for SMS to be cautious to tweak or change certain things: as to not introduce more bugs...
As for the grid lights:I imagine those patches are not cheap so it would be a financial disaster to release one with just one fix...

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 20:26
No one said it's not either...

That's the problem with a lot of stuff on here though. No bodys know's hence all the some have less confidence and some speculate.

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 20:30
As far as i know it's the engine that prevented some of the features to be implemented...
That is also the reason for SMS to be cautious to tweak or change certain things: as to not introduce more bugs...
As for the grid lights:I imagine those patches are not cheap so it would be a financial disaster to release one with just one fix...

I understand its not cheap man hours etc. But if one format has had it for over a month. Wilst other formats haven't some get the impression their not as important. As ive previously said in another thread a simple note from SMS to answer my previous post would of sorted that. But being ignored doesn't fill people with confindence.

Konan
15-06-2016, 20:31
That's the problem with a lot of stuff on here though. No bodys know's hence all the some have less confidence and some speculate.

That has all to do with the early days of this forum...a dev or SMS employee couldn't come on here without getting insulted...that's why you hardly get a respons out of them now...I can't say i blame them either...

Blunt RS
15-06-2016, 20:49
That has all to do with the early days of this forum...a dev or SMS employee couldn't come on here without getting insulted...that's why you hardly get a respons out of them now...I can't say i blame them either...

I don't blame them either but it does cause problems sadly.

Konan
15-06-2016, 20:58
Another case of a few ruining it for the rest...

DinoM
16-06-2016, 08:59
I do not need to new content. I think we should leave something for the pCARS 2 as well. But the ultimate patch should be, because a lot of anomalies is still in the game. It would not hurt to carry a fake rubber warming are not correct. It would not hurt to remove the rubber ball springback. Or the front wheels continuously rearing.
Or the cold rubber hovercraft behavior.

morpwr
16-06-2016, 11:16
I do not need to new content. I think we should leave something for the pCARS 2 as well. But the ultimate patch should be, because a lot of anomalies is still in the game. It would not hurt to carry a fake rubber warming are not correct. It would not hurt to remove the rubber ball springback. Or the front wheels continuously rearing.

If you mean the cold tires feel like they have no grip id check your wheel settings especially scoop values. Too high or too low or just mismatched and you will get that effect. The game definitely has a good grip feel even on cold tires but the wheel has to be set correctly.

GrimeyDog
16-06-2016, 11:46

I have No problem with Feeling Cold Tire Grip Levels... as Morpwr said you should Check your Global and Wheel settings.

Grijo
16-06-2016, 12:26
Any news about a patch for Silverstone Classic (a lot of bugs, specially in online racing) and Nurburgring Combined (the problem of getting stuck in the pits)? Thatīs what Iīm anxiously waiting for. Thanks

DinoM
16-06-2016, 12:41
I have No problem with Feeling Cold Tire Grip Levels... as Morpwr said you should Check your Global and Wheel settings.

Let's just say it's also funny. Which would be a good option Scoop? I was set according to the FCM 1.2. Scoop Knee 0.44, 0.06 Scoop Reduction.

morpwr
16-06-2016, 12:56
Let's just say it's also funny. Which would be a good option Scoop? I was set according to the FCM 1.2. Scoop Knee 0.44, 0.06 Scoop Reduction.

Are you using jacks car ffb or your own? Those make a big difference too. Stop over in the lets talk ffb forum in the ps4 section and I'm sure we can get you straightened out. But you definitely should be able to feel the tires when they are cold. Same goes for the front wheel drive cars like the clio or focus if the rear wants to come around all the time its a wheel or ffb setting issue and I see that complaint a lot. If youre already using jacks settings then that just leaves wheel settings.

GrimeyDog
16-06-2016, 13:14

The Calculator is Good for getting you to a Good Starting point but you will Have to Fine tune by Feel.

Also you can try My settings they in a PDF on the First page of the Thread Morpwr Mentioned... Follow the Link innMy signature.... There rae Many people to help you... and a Few different ways of FFB set up to Choose from.

poirqc
17-06-2016, 02:34

The links other mentionned are in my signature.

granproject
17-06-2016, 05:41
Any news about a patch for Silverstone Classic (a lot of bugs, specially in online racing) and Nurburgring Combined (the problem of getting stuck in the pits)? Thatīs what Iīm anxiously waiting for. Thanks

I second this request.....

DinoM
17-06-2016, 05:58
The links other mentionned are in my signature.

Thanks. But I think it's been a bit complicated part of the game.
Of course it is also possible that if all this could be achieved pits, it would be less frustrating. It's a lot of track entry, exit Setups ... Too much. :)

BoereJack
17-06-2016, 08:23
so when you guys are not fixing the silverstone track..... how do i get my money back for that freaking .... DLC... cuz\ my patience is being tested to the exttreme...more than half a year of nothing......ps4 btw

RoccoTTS
17-06-2016, 09:53
so when you guys are not fixing the silverstone track..... how do i get my money back for that freaking .... DLC... cuz\ my patience is being tested to the exttreme...more than half a year of nothing......ps4 btw

So how much money you want back ? The other 2 tracks of this pack works fine, the 4 cars are also ok and the Silverstone track is not completely broken.
So lets say...... 0.8 € ? Is this ok with you ?
Sent me your bank account number by pm and i will deposit 1€.

Have a nice day,

RoccoTTS

morpwr
17-06-2016, 10:36
Of course it is also possible that if all this could be achieved pits, it would be less frustrating. It's a lot of track entry, exit Setups ... Too much. :)

It is frustrating but there are many willing to lend a hand getting you straightened out. Stop by the forum I mentioned and I'm sure we can get you on the right track. Its worth it when you get some good settings.

BigDad
17-06-2016, 11:45
So how much money you want back ? The other 2 tracks of this pack works fine, the 4 cars are also ok and the Silverstone track is not completely broken.
So lets say...... 0.8 € ? Is this ok with you ?
Sent me your bank account number by pm and i will deposit 1€.

Have a nice day,

RoccoTTS
Are you willing to put 1€ in every unhappy Silverstone Classic DLC customer ? I know of 27 that would take you money and return that track , im sure they all know atleast 5 annoyed customers each also .
Could get expensive for you .
I hope SMS are paying you well .

RoccoTTS
17-06-2016, 12:45
Are you willing to put 1€ in every unhappy Silverstone Classic DLC customer ? I know of 27 that would take you money and return that track , im sure they all know atleast 5 annoyed customers each also .
Could get expensive for you .
I hope SMS are paying you well .

Off course this offer is only valid for BoereJack ;)

I fully understand this bug is frustrating, but to ask a refund for the full dlc pack is just absurd, that's the reason for my absurd reply.

BoereJack
17-06-2016, 13:19
but how is it absurd, i wanna play the track i payed for, and after months of waiting i am fed up....

and yeah the cars i have driven once, not impressed, the roujen track is no fun only hockenheim is noce.. but siolverstone was my MAIN REASON for purchase......
and yeah only tt to me it is BROKEN.....unplayable, ps4 breaking broken, listen to your ps4 when your in

instead of offering compensation only to me, maybe you could be helpfull and tell me how i can get my money back, and return the complete dlc.

poirqc
17-06-2016, 19:36

The best way i could find about messing with the FFB is to do Time Trial. You need to have an SSD to have better track load time. That way, you get going with your tires already warmed up. If you pick a track with sharp turns right away, you'll easily test the global you moved. Oulton Park foster is a nice place to test. Short, bumpy enough, sharp slow turns, long fast turns.

I agree with you the best way is Dirt Rally way, where every setting changes are instant. But we're stuck with the current system now.

ELAhrairah
18-06-2016, 03:22
So the moral of this post is.....................when a guy asked if any more updates are expected it turned into a complaintbox....well...I guess I'll go to bed then...

sisollazzo
22-06-2016, 15:48
Je, when the next update!? Good question. This game needs still a lot of updates. E.G. Tire wear and so on....

Roger Prynne
22-06-2016, 15:51
Je, when the next update!? Good question. This game needs still a lot of updates. E.G. Tire wear and so on....

What do you mean by that?

Konan
22-06-2016, 15:52

Tyre wear?
I thought we were over that?
Can you elaborate on the other things that need to be "updated"?

Edit: oops ninja'd :cool:

sisollazzo
22-06-2016, 16:03
E.G. formula A

I set 3x tire wear. I've to make a stop with medium tire after circa 5 laps - depending from the track - the other cars stop at least after 15 laps.
I think the AI get in the box only to refuel.
I observed this by other car series as well.

sisollazzo
22-06-2016, 16:11
By the way the crash physics is horrible!! Codemaster has a better crash physics.
I've already played 541 hour with the game. It makes fun but there some things like the crash physics that destroy the entire racing feeling.

Konan
22-06-2016, 16:13
E.G. formula A

I set 3x tire wear. I've to make a stop with medium tire after circa 5 laps - depending from the track - the other cars stop at least after 15 laps.
I think the AI get in the box only to refuel.
I observed this by other car series as well.

You can find some helpful tips here...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47552-Is-AI-Tire-Wear-Scripted-in-Career-Mode

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45597-Formula-A-tyre-degradation-issue

Konan
22-06-2016, 16:14
By the way the crash physics is horrible!! Codemaster has a better crash physics.
I've already played 541 hour with the game. It makes fun but there some things like the crash physics that destroy the entire racing feeling.

The crash physics could be amazing and if allowed to be used as originally planned they would be but they are mostly restricted by the car-manufacturers...

Rambo_Commando
23-06-2016, 07:59

I really hope you're not saying Codemasters F1 games have better crash physics...F1 2015 was a joke, you could use the car in front as brakes and nothing happens to your front wing if you hit him hard enough.

sisollazzo
24-06-2016, 16:56
TIRE WEAR

Also, I tested again the tire wear with the FA cars.
7x tire wear
0X petrol consumption
20 laps in Sakitto GP

After 3 laps the tire of my car they were completely gone.
After 20 laps the AI dind't stop for changing the tires.
Why? I'm the only one that have this bug on the pc.
I've observed the same with LMP1 and 2 cars.
I think all the car should be controlled.

If I'm the only one with this horrble bug, I need help to fix this bug.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!

Scuderia Paul
24-06-2016, 21:20
ADJUSTMENT OF MULTI-CLASS RACING
This is perhaps something that has been discussed and answered, so I apologise if that is the case.

Is it possible to have the classes adjusted for multi-class racing as the combinations are odd in the game? Could we have LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 as opposed to LMP1, LMP2 and 'LMP3' for example? I know very little about game development and AI operational parameters etc but would it not be a question of 'ticking a box' in the code? Doing an endurance race, particularly at Circuit de la Sarthe, can see the immersion diminished somewhat with odd opponent line-ups.

This evening I did a 15 lap race at Circuit de la Sarthe in the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE but got lumped in with GT4, some glacially slow historic Mercedes 300SL and two GT1X RUFs. It felt wrong and should have had comtemporary LMP1 and LMP2 with the GTE / GT3 cars.

Thanks for any help.

Rambo_Commando
26-06-2016, 14:42
The crash physics could be amazing and if allowed to be used as originally planned they would be but they are mostly restricted by the car-manufacturers...

I often wondered why they didn't implement the original crash physics for the fictious SMS cars like FA but I guess to have two different crash physics in one game is a bet far fetched. I would be nice tough.