PDA

View Full Version : G27 pedal upgrade

DerrellBiffle
15-06-2016, 00:55
Has anyone here upgraded their pedal set, if so did it help and if it did in what specific ways. I have been looking into a spring or load cell upgrade and was just wondering if it's a worthwhile endeavour. Thanks in advanced for any input.

wesker6664
15-06-2016, 08:27
Has anyone here upgraded their pedal set, if so did it help and if it did in what specific ways. I have been looking into a spring or load cell upgrade and was just wondering if it's a worthwhile endeavour. Thanks in advanced for any input.
Hi, there are many tutorials showing G25/27 brake pedal upgrades (stiffer spring, piece of rubber, etc). Very easy and cheap upgrades with good results. However, if you're considering the load cell route, then you should consider a used set of Fanatec CSP V1 or V2 plugged via usb to your PC. The difference in feel and precision is huge ! For example the resolution of the Fanatec throttle pedal is 1000 values (i think) vs the 256 values of the Logitech pedals. A worthy investment :encouragement:

poirqc
15-06-2016, 16:04
Hi, there are many tutorials showing G25/27 brake pedal upgrades (stiffer spring, piece of rubber, etc). Very easy and cheap upgrades with good results. However, if you're considering the load cell route, then you should consider a used set of Fanatec CSP V1 or V2 plugged via usb to your PC. The difference in feel and precision is huge ! For example the resolution of the Fanatec throttle pedal is 1000 values (i think) vs the 256 values of the Logitech pedals. A worthy investment :encouragement:

I didn't try it yet, but a forum user(can't find my message with him) told me the bodnar cable (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187)(around 40$) really makes a difference. One of the thing it do is also increase the resolution of the pedals, from 256 steps to 1024 steps. The update rate is also 250Hz. I wonder if it's faster than the build in one.

It seems it's a really nice upgrade.

Mahjik
15-06-2016, 17:53
My 2 cents worth:

I used the Nixom springs with my G25 pedal set. I did purchase the Bodnar cable but never used it. IMO, the Nixim springs were a great upgrade for the price. Once you start looking into modifying the G25/G27 pedals beyond that (load cells, etc), the price is really too close to just purchasing a stand-alone set like the Fanatec Clubsports. I would recommend that if you want a load cell or something similar, just purchase a new/different pedal set.

DerrellBiffle
15-06-2016, 22:08
There more I look into load cell route the more I am put off by it. I don't like the short throw and don't think I would like the amount of force required. The spring upgrade however looks like a good choice right now. If I don't upgrade to another set altogether.

Mahjik
15-06-2016, 22:13
The 'right' load cells are great. It does take a while to get used to compared to the spring pedals, but after a while it's more intuitive for braking.

DerrellBiffle
15-06-2016, 23:15
There more I look into load cell route the more I am put off by it. I don't like the short throw and don't think I would like the amount of force required. The spring upgrade however looks like a good choice right now. If I don't upgrade to another set altogether.

SGETI
16-06-2016, 02:23
GTEYE, same idea as Nixim. Have a read. This is a no brainer choice.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-must-have-upgrade-for-any-logitech-g-wheel-owner.279149/

DerrellBiffle
16-06-2016, 02:53
Just order the gteye from ebay for $30 it was to cheap not to try. Might go with a bodner cable later on.

DreamsKnight
16-06-2016, 15:20
a great upgrade for me was the reverse mount + a second spring with "rubber" to feel the end.
side this, a proper linearity and dead zone setting in pcars panel.

F1_Racer68
16-06-2016, 18:08
a great upgrade for me was the reverse mount + a second spring with "rubber" to feel the end.
side this, a proper linearity and dead zone setting in pcars panel.

I bought my G27 as a factory refurbished (looked brand new). I was fortunate though in that it came with the Nixim spring installed (previous owner installed it and forgot about it I guess).

Within 3 months I had inverse mounted them. Was the best thing I ever did, and I am loathe to part with them for that reason alone. Most of the newer pedal sets don't appear to be as easy to inverse mount.

Thinking about either the Bodnar adapter, or if I get a new wheel, getting the correct adapter for that wheel (Fanatec or Thrustmaster). Both allow the pedals to connect to the wheel base and also increase the resolution to 10 bit (1024 steps). The 8 bit resolution on the pedals is a limitation of the on board electronics in the G27 base.

DerrellBiffle
17-06-2016, 13:09
Did you inverse the springs or pedals?

DreamsKnight
17-06-2016, 20:02

Everything. Click myrig in my sign and you find link to the previous version and the actual one

F1_Racer68
18-06-2016, 02:01

Pedals - I mounted them in a hanging position as they are in a normal road car. This makes them much more comfortable for those long races, as your foot and ankle are not stretched at an exaggerated extension was they are when you press down on the pedals. By hanging them, the pedal moves more "forward/back" rather than "up/down".

It's not a great view, but here is a picture of my rig that might help explain it http://canamvrl.entrydns.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=118&fullsize=1