PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] weather

Madmazz116
20-06-2016, 14:36
in an online race is there anyway of randomising the weather after a qualifying period ? , as it seems if you have say 3 weather slots you choose random weather for slot 2 , and its rain during qualifying, it is rain again for the race, kinda spoils the fun knowing its going to rain at a certain time.

AbeWoz
20-06-2016, 14:44
just put them all to random :)

Madmazz116
20-06-2016, 14:57
just put them all to random :)

yeh but that still doesnt stop the weather being the same as the qualifying period.

Bealdor
20-06-2016, 16:50
Since weather and ToD are reset with every new session the answer is "No" unfortunately.

Madmazz116
21-06-2016, 09:49
Since weather and ToD are reset with every new session the answer is "No" unfortunately.

ahhh crap...ok thanks

Haiden
21-06-2016, 11:26
in an online race is there anyway of randomising the weather after a qualifying period ? , as it seems if you have say 3 weather slots you choose random weather for slot 2 , and its rain during qualifying, it is rain again for the race, kinda spoils the fun knowing its going to rain at a certain time.

Does it? In an online race, you don't get to adjust your setup before the race starts. So if it's raining in quali, and you adjust your setup for it, and then it's not raining at race start, you'll be starting on wets. And vice versa. If you quali in the dry, why would you want the race to start in the rain and have to run the first lap on slicks, and then pit after lap 1? Having quali conditions match race start conditions in online play seems like a good thing.

GrimeyDog
22-06-2016, 13:18
Does it? In an online race, you don't get to adjust your setup before the race starts. So if it's raining in quali, and you adjust your setup for it, and then it's not raining at race start, you'll be starting on wets. And vice versa. If you quali in the dry, why would you want the race to start in the rain and have to run the first lap on slicks, and then pit after lap 1? Having quali conditions match race start conditions in online play seems like a good thing.

When weather is set to Random in online i beat that scenario by setting Tires to Automaic by weather... From what i noticed is if its raining in Qualifying but Not during race i start with Dry tires... I guess it auto adjust accordingly.