PDA

View Full Version : A basic set up

Chas68
25-06-2016, 09:17
Can anyone give me a basic set up for any gt car .
As ive tried and gave up and went back to gt6 on ps 3.
I would love to get into this game but dont want to mess around with setups all the
time.
I have a t150 wheel ive been finding it very difficult to stop cars spinning out.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Thomas Sikora
25-06-2016, 09:23
Custom Car Setups=>
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Other game Info collection
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38864-Forum-Resources-for-Pcars

this should help to came in.

Wheel-user
26-06-2016, 08:13
It's going to take months to set up all the cars to drive right on every track that's why I gave up with all these stupid settings.. I want do race not sit there for hours adjusting everything

Wheel-user
26-06-2016, 08:22
I would love to get into this game but dont want to mess around with setups all the
time.
I have a t150 wheel ive been finding it very difficult to stop cars spinning out.

Most of the cars suffer from lift off oversteer and been like that since the game was released

Thomas Sikora
26-06-2016, 09:33
It's going to take months to set up all the cars to drive right on every track that's why I gave up with all these stupid settings.. I want do race not sit there for hours adjusting everything

All basic setups are drivable and many of them are good enouth to be very quick with the default setup. If you look at the setup database you will see that every driver has an other personal setup.
You can't set a setup that is "quick" for everyone because everyone has on other driving style.

BigDad
26-06-2016, 11:23
time.
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse/ps4-14/139
Try this for wheel settings . I haven't tried this setting but the numbers look pretty good . But swap tyre force and Force feed back . Force feed back 100 and tyre Force 80 .
Basics ,
If the car oversteers stiffen front springs or soften rear .
If car understeers stiffen rears or soften fronts .
Or both .
Lower diff. accel lock if car oversteer on corner exit .
Raise diff. accel to promote oversteer on corner exit.
Lower diff. decel to increase oversteer on corner entry .
Raise diff. decel to increase understeer on corner entry.
And make sure your tyres are hot . 85 - 100 degrees C .
This is very basic but tuning cars and spending time test driving is what this game is all about and half the fun IMHO .
I've got over 400 hours in this thing and am one of the rookies , lol .
Good luck .

Pappa_Stig
30-06-2016, 12:15
You want a one size fits all solution? You got it!

Set the camber as close to 0.0 in every single car you drive in the game and they will feel dramatically different. It tends to eliminate the oversteering nature of cars, gives them tons of grip, and will easily drop your lap times, as you won't have to fight the car anywhere near as hard as with any setup that incorporates camber angles.

The camber has never worked in Pcars. Originally, running any camber would also severely limit your car's top speed. SMS fixed that bit, but left the other issues. All it serves to do is reduce the available grip of the tyres, and increase the wear. If you put it at, or as close as possible to 0.0, you'll be significantly faster, the tyres will wear slower, and the cars will be easier to drive. Don't worry about it affecting your tyre temps, as despite having inner, middle, and outer temp readings, changing the geometry has no effect on these temps.

Rambo_Commando
30-06-2016, 22:26
You want a one size fits all solution? You got it!

Set the camber as close to 0.0 in every single car you drive in the game and they will feel dramatically different. It tends to eliminate the oversteering nature of cars, gives them tons of grip, and will easily drop your lap times, as you won't have to fight the car anywhere near as hard as with any setup that incorporates camber angles.

The camber has never worked in Pcars. Originally, running any camber would also severely limit your car's top speed. SMS fixed that bit, but left the other issues. All it serves to do is reduce the available grip of the tyres, and increase the wear. If you put it at, or as close as possible to 0.0, you'll be significantly faster, the tyres will wear slower, and the cars will be easier to drive. Don't worry about it affecting your tyre temps, as despite having inner, middle, and outer temp readings, changing the geometry has no effect on these temps.

Do you set both front and rear to zero?

morpwr
02-07-2016, 00:24
time.

I agree with the other post. You can definitely turn fast laps with the default setups. The biggest issue I see is the cars getting blamed for wheel settings that are fooling them into thinking its the cars. Remember if the wheel doesn't reproduce the effect correctly or at the right time it will feel like the car is off. Id start with turning the rab down to .03 to start and use the fcm to get a starting point for the scoop values for your wheel. Are you using jacks car ffb settings?

MrFlibble81
07-07-2016, 15:08
time.

If you're having trouble with every single car spinning out, then it's more likely to be either your driving style (probably unlikely though given that you play other racing games) or your wheel set up correctly. Try looking at some of the wheel settings posted on this site and see if any of those work for you. Or it could be that you're not getting any heat into your tires (depending on setup/circuit/driving style, they can take a lap or 2 to really reach their optimum temps)

As someone else said, the default setups for most cars are pretty good but you're going to struggle to find a one size fits all setup. Every car is different, everyone drives differently and prefers a slightly different setup. For instance I prefer a slightly understeery car cuz I feel I can control it better so most of my setups are like that but not every person likes that so, you gotta find your preference and roll with it.

Pappa_Stig
10-07-2016, 08:32
Do you set both front and rear to zero?

Yeah front and rear. Like I said, it does nothing but reduce grip, so it's useless to have any camber angle. I usually set the car up, while leaving the camber angle at the standard level, and when I get the setup as good as I can, I then reduce the camber to the minimum level, and I find I go anywhere from half a second to two full seconds per lap faster with 0 camber.

Also, another thing I forgot to tell you is to reduce your LSD settings. If the car has snap oversteer when you get on the throttle, reducing the acceleration value, literally as low as it'll go, will almost always tame the car.

Take the Lotus 98T for example. It's got a brutal power delivery, and loves to snap the back end out when you so much as sneeze on the throttle. If you put the acceleration and deceleration diff values down to their minimum, you can slam the throttle in most situations and the car is as docile and easy to drive as a 100hp hatchback.

These kinds of setup exploits really need to be fixed for Pcars 2.

Wheel-user
25-07-2016, 18:58
How do you stop nearly every car from spinning out on nearly every corner I go round I've lowered camber and lowered lsd but it still happens

Konan
25-07-2016, 19:01
Brake before the corner,smooth steering into it and easy on the throttle when you come out of it...

Edit:and double that in rainy conditions ;)

Invincible
25-07-2016, 19:03
How do you stop nearly every car from spinning out on nearly every corner I go round I've lowered camber and lowered lsd but it still happens

Lower the rear tire pressures and make sure you've warmed up your tires properly before mashing the go-pedal. If the car has a turbo, lower the wastegate pressure until you feel safe. Then work your way back up.

Edit: ninja'd by Konan the barbarian.

Konan
25-07-2016, 19:05
^^ that too...lol...but i play them out off the box...:cool:

Wheel-user
25-07-2016, 19:13
Why do my wheel lock even though abs on

Konan
25-07-2016, 19:27
Why do my wheel lock even though abs on

I thought that was because some cars IRL don't have abs either...?

Wheel-user
25-07-2016, 19:34
Why did they make this game too complicated with all these settings I don't have a clue

Invincible
25-07-2016, 19:46
I thought that was because some cars IRL don't have abs either...? Only if you have assists set to "real" or "off".

Schnizz58
25-07-2016, 19:47
I thought that was because some cars IRL don't have abs either...?

If he sets assists ON, does that give him ABS even when the car doesn't have ABS? I thought that was the difference between ON and REAL. I'm not really sure since I leave it on REAL.

Invincible ninja'd me. I guess that's where he gets the name.

Roger Prynne
25-07-2016, 19:52
Because it's a simulator mate, and not some Forza type game, so real world physics are used.

Also what wheel have you got, and how have you got it setup?
Lots of information on this forum regarding setting up your wheel.

And yes make sure your tyres are warmed up before you try and go too fast.

Androphonomania
25-07-2016, 20:11
Why did they make this game too complicated with all these settings I don't have a clue

Ther are not enough! And there will never be enough in a racing car game(sim!?). Just use all assists and drive. It is not more complicated than writing a message in this forum. Need for Speed is not a simulation.

Besides that the "pro tips" are good.

But here i got one for you when the rear wants to overtake you:

Lift the throttle! (and use your steering wheel for counter steer) It is really that easy. This way a V8 Supercar in rainy conditions on a track like sonoma is driveable!

Ryzza5
26-07-2016, 04:51
Perhaps try something liek Renault Clio Cup or Formula C - do you find yourself spinning those cars? They're a bit easier to throw about but still plenty of fun.

Watch some YouTube videos of others playing the game (who don't spin out) and notice their driving style/technique and see if you can copy that. There driving school videos out there as well which might help you. http://driver61.com/uni

Shogun613
26-07-2016, 06:03
There could be a number of factors at play:
Braking technique,
Throttle control,
Weight transfer,
Steering input,
Brake bias...
I would focus on your cornering technique one part at a time - entry, mid turn, then exit. Examine and correct your braking technique, shifting and turn in on entry, how you roll off of the brake and control your inputs mid corner, and how you feed the throttle and unwind the wheel on exit, and where your eyes are looking during each phase.

After you've worked on your cornering technique, then work on the setup items that affect weight transfer during cornering, like sway bars and dampers.
Even after all that, you need to remember that cornering is everything and never stop learning, never stop working on improving your techniques. Racing is so much more than just being fast, you have to constantly work on technique and being consistent, because running perfect laps is a perishable skill.

Wheel-user
26-07-2016, 08:50
Got a set up that's working but when I'm on multiplayer I go round every corner fine except one and I all ways spin out and so dose everyone else.. I've tried the Renault clio but it suffers from lift of over steer but wouldn't act like this as I've seen them racing and none of the cars on the track oversteered in this way

Invincible
26-07-2016, 10:32
Increase decel diff to reduce brake oversteer.

morpwr
26-07-2016, 10:57

One thing I'm surprised nobody mentioned is wheel settings. If your wheel settings are off it makes it very difficult if not almost impossible to drive some of the cars. What wheel are you using? You can check the oscarolim site for settings for different wheels. There is a link in my signature.

AbeWoz
26-07-2016, 11:15
stop trolling

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47874-A-basic-set-up&p=1290840&viewfull=1#post1290840

Konan
26-07-2016, 13:13
stop trolling

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47874-A-basic-set-up&p=1290840&viewfull=1#post1290840

Well spotted...:loyal:

Konan
26-07-2016, 13:30
Similar issue so threads merged...and since this is multi-platform related moved to "General discussion"

Cholton82
26-07-2016, 16:20
Got a set up that's working but when I'm on multiplayer I go round every corner fine except one and I all ways spin out and so dose everyone else.. I've tried the Renault clio but it suffers from lift of over steer but wouldn't act like this as I've seen them racing and none of the cars on the track oversteered in this way

Trust me they definitely do suffer from lift off oversteer in real life , you just have to learn to drive them correctly !

AbeWoz
26-07-2016, 17:04

probably because they have been setup properly

havocc
26-07-2016, 17:20

If you can tell ppl here what corner is causing you problems (e.g. Pouhon, paddock hill etc...) they could help you better

Haiden
27-07-2016, 17:07
If you can tell ppl here what corner is causing you problems (e.g. Pouhon, paddock hill etc...) they could help you better

A video would be even better. I'm always curious when someone says they're spinning out on every corner. If you're using the defaults, then that's usually driving style or poorly configured FFB. Seeing a video with telemetry would definitely help sort it out.

havocc
27-07-2016, 17:27
A video would be even better. I'm always curious when someone says they're spinning out on every corner. If you're using the defaults, then that's usually driving style or poorly configured FFB. Seeing a video with telemetry would definitely help sort it out.

I have serious side lift problems with Alpine... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADvfKM8QPk

Haiden
27-07-2016, 17:58
I have serious side lift problems with Alpine... :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADvfKM8QPk

Hmmm... Looks like a weight distribution issue to me. Has the driver tried dieting. :p

Roger Prynne
27-07-2016, 21:09
Ah the old spin stunt.... takes years of practice.

havocc
27-07-2016, 21:15
Ah the old spin stunt.... takes years of practice.

Nah just overshoot eau rouge and then push throttle in rage...

Konan
27-07-2016, 21:16
Nah just overshoot eau rouge and then push throttle in rage...

...never a good idea...:rolleyes:

DerrellBiffle
27-07-2016, 23:14
[QUOTE=Pappa_Stig;1293989]Yeah front and rear. Like I said, it does nothing but reduce grip, so it's useless to have any camber angle. I usually set the car up, while leaving the camber angle at the standard level, and when I get the setup as good as I can, I then reduce the camber to the minimum level, and I find I go anywhere from half a second to two full seconds per lap faster with 0 camber.

I have tried to adjust for temps with out much luck, so i just leave them at default. Do most people set the camber to 0?