PDA

View Full Version : TIRE WEAR

sisollazzo
26-06-2016, 14:41
TIRE WEAR

Also, I tested again the tire wear with the FA cars.
7x tire wear
0X petrol consumption
20 laps in Sakitto GP

After 3 laps the tire of my car they were completely gone.
After 20 laps the AI dind't stop for changing the tires.
Why? I'm the only one that have this bug on the pc.
I've observed the same with LMP1 and 2 cars.
I think all the car should be controlled.

If I'm the only one with this horrble bug, I need help to fix this bug.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!

kevin kirk
26-06-2016, 16:15
TIRE WEAR

7x tire wear
0X petrol consumption
20 laps in Sakitto GP

first make sure your tire temps are were they need to be and to be honest, X7 tire wear seems a bit extreme to expect the race to behave correctly. Try x 2 and you and the AI will pit around every 30 minutes.

Tomcul
26-06-2016, 16:24
In a 20 lap race there should be no pit stops. What's the point of accelerated tyre wear and no fuel use?

kevin kirk
26-06-2016, 20:32
In a 20 lap race there should be no pit stops. What's the point of accelerated tyre wear and no fuel use?... Its more about tire wear than fuel. Most can run almost 60 mins on one full tank. The issue becomes when using normal tire wear in a shorter race like that, say between a 45 min to 60 minute race, the AI will stop when their tire wear reaches a certain percentage. The race ends with them pitting early, seemingly when they didn't have to, and you not pitting thus winning the race just by staying out. So x2 tire wear on shorter race from 40 to 60 minutes long makes both the AI and the player pit one time. Usally at the halfway mark of the race. X2 tear wear also gives you a choice between taking fuel every stop or every other stop also. Or you could turn fuel off and not worry about running out of fuel like I myself have done plenty of times.

Tomcul
26-06-2016, 23:05
Ok fair point will try this next time.. I usually just take less fuel to match the ai pit strategy as I had noticed it was easy to win by just not pitting. Will try x2 next time..

sisollazzo
27-06-2016, 09:00
Ok, I see, no one I've understood the big problem.

Only by our car there is a tire wear but not by the AI!!!!!!!
This is a big bug.

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 09:26
seeing as the Ai does not have the same physics as the player does anyone know if accelerated time actually works properly with the Ai regarding tyre wear? Looks like it doesn't from the OPs experience. Then again if I accelerate a practise or qualifying session the Ai can drastically improve it's times on occasions so speeding time up definitely does weird things with the Ai.

Bealdor
27-06-2016, 09:28
seeing as the Ai does not have the same physics as the player does anyone know if accelerated time actually works properly with the Ai regarding tyre wear? Looks like it doesn't from the OPs experience. Then again if I accelerate a practise or qualifying session the Ai can drastically improve it's times on occasions so speeding time up definitely does weird things with the Ai.

Accelerating tire wear does have an effect on the AI. To me it looks like the FA tire wear isn't correctly balanced for the AI cars.

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 09:38
Accelerating tire wear does have an effect on the AI. To me it looks like the FA tire wear isn't correctly balanced for the AI cars.

good to hear, it's not something I've ever bothered with so had no experience (other than noticing the Ai getting faster in Quali and practise sessions when time sped up).

sisollazzo
27-06-2016, 09:51
Good!! someone begins, to understand, where is the problem concerning tire wear.
Rember, this is not only a bug for FA!!!

sisollazzo
27-06-2016, 09:53
good to hear, it's not something I've ever bothered with so had no experience (other than noticing the Ai getting faster in Quali and practise sessions when time sped up).

This is another bug.
When I speed up the time the AI is some time 2 s faster at the ende of a quali session.

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 10:02
Good!! someone begins, to understand, where is the problem concerning tire wear.
Rember, this is not only a bug for FA!!!

This is another bug.
When I speed up the time the AI is some time 2 s faster at the ende of a quali session.

Thing is it's not a game breaking issue and thus something I can tolerate, try what Kevin Kirk suggested and not use such an extreme multiplier?

Silraed
27-06-2016, 10:02
This is another bug.

When you speed it up or when you skip to the end of the session? I have never experienced the AI setting faster times while speeding up the remainder of the quali session but it is a well known issue that the AI set sometimes impossibly fast times if you skip to the end of the quali session.

MaximusN
27-06-2016, 10:06
This is another bug.

Is it? When I go back to the pits and set the time multiplier to 60(fastest) they seem to set normal times. When you select skip to end of session they do post faster times(more sims have/had this problem). So just fast forwarding in stead of skipping to the end solves this in my experience(at least, it worked in career mode for me until now).

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 10:07
When you speed it up or when you skip to the end of the session? I have never experienced the AI setting faster times while speeding up the remainder of the quali session but it is a well known issue that the AI set sometimes impossibly fast times if you skip to the end of the quali session.

I've definitely had it when just speeding up time x60 to get to the end of a practise session, not all the time though. Ai has improved 2-3 seconds at times, other times no improvement. No idea if it's a car/track combo that causes it. I don't always speed up time in Practise and hardly ever in qualy. I'm not even sure If I've seen it in quali, but I have seen it in practise session.

Silraed
27-06-2016, 10:16
I've definitely had it when just speeding up time x60 to get to the end of a practise session, not all the time though. Ai has improved 2-3 seconds at times, other times no improvement. No idea if it's a car/track combo that causes it. I don't always speed up time in Practise and hardly ever in qualy. I'm not even sure If I've seen it in quali, but I have seen it in practise session.

Odd. I quite often set a single lap and then set the rest of the quali session to x60 and have never experienced the bug of the AI setting faster times, whilst I never skip to the end of the session anymore because I encountered the AI setting significantly faster times too often back at release.

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 10:41
Odd. I quite often set a single lap and then set the rest of the quali session to x60 and have never experienced the bug of the AI setting faster times, whilst I never skip to the end of the session anymore because I encountered the AI setting significantly faster times too often back at release.

I mainly do it in practise so there's more time for the Ai to change? i.e. 10 minutes of real time and set time, speed up so 20 mins of x60 in practise. 10 mins of real time speed up so ONLY 5 mins at x60 in quali?

sisollazzo
27-06-2016, 10:55

Ok this bug is not the priority for me. Sure this happens not only in the qualy session.

TIRE WEAR SHOULD BE fixed. If I want to run a race for 20 laps and I want that the AI should stop at least one time, I must fell me free to set this.
And, why by the refueling option there are only 3 options. Should be the same like the tire wire. If I want to set 7x petrol consumption I can not do this.
In this way I can force the AI to pit.

I thing SMS doesn't want to fix this bugs. What a shame!!!

Sankyo
27-06-2016, 12:17
Can't you just add a mandatory pit stop to the race if the AI don't pit themselves because of tyre wear?

Leper Messiah
27-06-2016, 12:25
Ok this bug is not the priority for me. Sure this happens not only in the qualy session.

TIRE WEAR SHOULD BE fixed. If I want to run a race for 20 laps and I want that the AI should stop at least one time, I must fell me free to set this.
And, why by the refueling option there are only 3 options. Should be the same like the tire wire. If I want to set 7x petrol consumption I can not do this.
In this way I can force the AI to pit.

I thing SMS doesn't want to fix this bugs. What a shame!!!

yeah sorry for side tracking the thread a bit, but I think it is related. Obviously speeding up time is going to do weird things. All I know is that it's not something I did a lot of testing with during the WMD days. But yeah try what Remco says below. Devs with FAR more people and bigger budgets havn't got pit stops and time multipliers 100% either! Shame it's such a problem for you. There is planned support for bug fixes but I presume it'll be more of the game breaking stuff, that's NOT to say someone isn't looking at it though, we just don't know.

Silraed
27-06-2016, 14:23
Can't you just add a mandatory pit stop to the race if the AI don't pit themselves because of tyre wear?

I was under the impression that the mandatory pitsops don't work with AI. Or have I misunderstood your post?

kevin kirk
27-06-2016, 16:38
tried this last night and x7 was just to much for anything to work correctly. Everything about the tires didn't behave correctly as they should becuas its to fast tires wear. The pressures didn't work right, the heating and cooling and everything that causing heating and cooling just couldn't work as they should. X7 is just way to much for a 20 lap race. Think about it, real tire wear for me is tires lasting a hour. A 20 lap race is around what, 35 to 45 minutes at most tracks. Your setting up the race to cause you to pit over 7 times in a 45 minutes tops race during a race were normally you wouldn't pit at all. Of course everything about the race will be screwed up, including the AI behavior. X7 just to much

FS7
27-06-2016, 16:43
There is no option to enable mandatory pitstops in solo mode.

I've done races with LMP1, LMP2, & GT3 with tyre wear set to 4x, it works fine and AI pits around the same time I do.

sisollazzo
27-06-2016, 18:16
I know, I exaggerate with setting tire wear 7x!
What I would show is that the AI has not tire wear.
I thing they pit only for refuelling.
When I run a race with FA, I set the race length 25% and 3% tire wear.
Under these conditions the soft tire get wear after ca. 5 laps.
I don't want the run the entire race.
I thing for such people like me, should be a possibility under such conditions to pit as well.

Haiden
27-06-2016, 20:58
TIRE WEAR

7x tire wear
0X petrol consumption
20 laps in Sakitto GP

Actually, I've had the exact same problem and posted about it a while back. I was trying to add some randomness to longer races, because, like the OP said, the AI often pits with 2-3 laps of the race finish, which makes zero sense and basically gives you the victory.

I set up a 30 lap race with x7 tire wear, expecting the both myself and the AI to pit multiple times. After about 8 laps, my tires were shot, and I had to pit. The AI just kept on going and didn't start pitting until lap 20. When I posted the issue, I was told that the variance might have been due to me pushing the tires too hard. But that's ridiculous. 20 laps at x7 wear would mean the AI ran a 140 lap stint on a single set of tires. I tried the exact same race with real wear rates and the AI still started pitting at 20 laps.

There's something wrong with the AI's FA tire wear. And it seems pretty obvious to see/test. Unless the multiplication scale (x2, x3, x4, etc) means something different in PCars, I don't see how anyone can drive a 20 laps stint at x7 wear.

sisollazzo
28-06-2016, 07:49
Actually, I've had the exact same problem and posted about it a while back. I was trying to add some randomness to longer races......

you're completely right.

This games need urgent update
I mean if the tires temperature is ok and you drive aggressive, may you stop a few laps early but not 20 laps early.

Leper Messiah
29-06-2016, 08:32
I don't think it needs an "urgent update", this is not game "breaking". It's an inconvenient bug that only afflicts people with a certain setting. It definitely needs to be looked at and hopefully someone is already doing that for the sequel.

I cannot think of many games that don't tend to have serious issues with pit stops and strategy with regards to the Ai, even at "normal" speed. Scaling up the time is only going to magnify any anomalous behaviour.

If I do a ADAC GT MASTERS race in R3E and have the race set to 50% race distance and tyre wear the Ai almost always pit right at the end of the race, I have to turn off tyre wear. I'd rather tyre wear was on, but it throws up unwanted Ai behaviour, of course I could pit as well to further add an option.

sisollazzo
29-06-2016, 10:44
I don't think it needs an "urgent update", this is not game "breaking". It's an inconvenient bug that only afflicts people with a certain setting....

What does mean this!!!
The AI has not tire wear and you say this not a important bug!!
Is this a simulation or not? By the AI there there is not simulation about sort of tire and pit strategy and you say this is not important.
Incredible!!
The last 5 months we get not updates. Only some updates about VR.
PC 2 will have again the same problems.
If i will buy it, I will buy it on eBay for 5 euro.
Auf Wiedersehen from German.

MaximusN
29-06-2016, 11:02
What does mean this!!!
Is this a simulation or not? By the AI there there is not simulation about sort of tire and pit strategy and you say this is not important.
Incredible!!

Did you(or anyone else) try what happens at 2x,3x or 4x? And if you want pitting, why not use the fuel multiplier? It should give you more consistent results anyway.

I would never use multipliers on tyres anyway, because they multiply problems too. If you overdrive the tires you could theoretically destroy them in a few corners. With fuel you don't have that problem.

And IMHO a real simulator shouldn't even support these kind of multipliers for tyres, because it can never be realistic anyway(think about how weird it is that time travels 7 times faster for your tyres than for the rest of the car, a physics professor would laugh his head off). The only thing close to realistic is force a softer compound on everyone that wouldn't last that long. In a complex simulation(like PCARS is) accelerating tyrewear (including heating and other parameters) is bound to bring problems.

kevin kirk
29-06-2016, 14:42
Did you(or anyone else) try what happens at 2x,3x or 4x? And if you want pitting, why not use the fuel multiplier? It should give you more consistent results anyway.

I would never use multipliers on tyres anyway, because they multiply problems too. If you overdrive the tires you could theoretically destroy them in a few corners. With fuel you don't have that problem.

And IMHO a real simulator shouldn't even support these kind of multipliers for tyres, because it can never be realistic anyway(think about how weird it is that time travels 7 times faster for your tyres than for the rest of the car, a physics professor would laugh his head off). The only thing close to realistic is force a softer compound on everyone that wouldn't last that long. In a complex simulation(like PCARS is) accelerating tyrewear (including heating and other parameters) is bound to bring problems.....I think you can only slow down fuel use if I'm not mistaken. Not multiply it

kevin kirk
29-06-2016, 14:46
What does mean this!!!
Incredible!!
......how many times do we need to say x7 is to much for the game to work correctly. Your wanting to have to pit 7 times in a race that's around 35 minute long race on 20 laps. Of course the AI will be screwed up if you expect them to pit 7 times in 35 minutes.

Leper Messiah
29-06-2016, 15:21
What does mean this!!!
Incredible!!

Last time I checked we can't speed up time in reality. So good luck in finding a SIMULATION that simulates real time speeding up......while you're at it get a time machine working too.

MaximusN
29-06-2016, 15:38
Last time I checked we can't speed up time in reality. So good luck in finding a SIMULATION that simulates real time speeding up......while you're at it get a time machine working too.

Well, may his startnumber is 46...

*Queue Dr. Who theme*

sisollazzo
29-06-2016, 16:00
......how many times do we need to say x7 is to much for the game to work correctly. Your wanting to have to pit 7 times in a race that's around 35 minute long race on 20 laps. Of course the AI will be screwed up if you expect them to pit 7 times in 35 minutes.

... how many times do I need to say there is not tire wear by the AI. They stop only for refuelling!!!
by 3x the AI show the same behavior!

sisollazzo
29-06-2016, 16:04
....whatever....

kevin kirk
29-06-2016, 21:22
... how many times do I need to say there is not tire wear by the AI. They stop only for refuelling!!!
by 3x the AI show the same behavior!....yes there is tire wear by the AI. How can you not understand trying to make them stop 7 times in 35 minutes will cause problems with Ai pit stops. 7 times...in.....35 minutes

Shadowoff
29-06-2016, 21:34
No, there is no tire wear for the AI. Make a 1 hour race and go as soon as possible into pit and change driver. At lets say 50 minutes you call the AI to a pit stop and you swap drivers again so that you drive but dont change tires in pit. Your tires will be fully green (no use) as the tire wear is set off for the AI

FS7
29-06-2016, 22:15
Yes there is tyre wear for the AI.
I've setup races in solo mode (LMP1/LMP2/GT3, 30 minutes, tyre wear = 4x) and the AI pit around the same time I do.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2016, 22:47
No, there is no tire wear for the AI. Make a 1 hour race and go as soon as possible into pit and change driver. At lets say 50 minutes you call the AI to a pit stop and you swap drivers again so that you drive but dont change tires in pit. Your tires will be fully green (no use) as the tire wear is set off for the AI
That means your tyres are in the right temp range and has nothing to do with tyre wear.

Rambo_Commando
30-06-2016, 03:29
Tire wear x7 does work as intended in certain classes. When I was racing the FR in career I had tire wear set to x7 to force pit stops. The races were 10-14 laps and the AI would pit once. Some AI drivers would try and pull off a "no pit" strategy but that would result in them crawling back to the pit near the end of the race.

Shadowoff
30-06-2016, 07:55
I've setup races in solo mode (LMP1/LMP2/GT3, 30 minutes, tyre wear = 4x) and the AI pit around the same time I do.

AI is running with default setup means that for example the GT3's also just have 60 litres of fuel which isnt enough for on hour. The AI only comes into the pit for refueling.

Shadowoff
30-06-2016, 07:57
That means your tyres are in the right temp range and has nothing to do with tyre wear.

I think you miss understood me. I mean that on the HUD the tires are full (I dont know how to explain it different as my english sucks)
You can see no tire wear as there is no tire wear for the AI.

Bealdor
30-06-2016, 08:20
I think you miss understood me. I mean that on the HUD the tires are full (I dont know how to explain it different as my english sucks)
You can see no tire wear as there is no tire wear for the AI.

The telemetry HUD doesn't work for AI controlled cars because they're running on different physics.
However, this does not mean that there's no AI tire wear. The AI tires are wearing and losing performance, there's just no visual confirmation for the player available.

Invincible
30-06-2016, 08:33
The telemetry HUD doesn't work for AI controlled cars because they're running on different physics.
However, this does not mean that there's no AI tire wear. The AI tires are wearing and losing performance, there's just no visual confirmation for the player available.

Not entirely. Sometimes (haven't figured out how to make sure it happens) you can see the wear degradation on the telemetry HUD even when the Ai is driving. It is kinda hard to see because the tire wear displays are greyed out, but where it should be green it is light grey and where should be no green, it is slightly darker grey.

Shadowoff
30-06-2016, 08:54

Thats why you swap drivers and change no tires. You will drive then on the same tires as the AI did. I made the proof 2 minutes ago and will upload on YT. IŽll take a while Žtil its uploaded as my internet connection is crap.

MaximusN
30-06-2016, 09:04
Thats why you swap drivers and change no tires. You will drive then on the same tires as the AI did. I made the proof 2 minutes ago and will upload on YT.

But having two physics sets, I wouldn't think it impossible that the wear numbers from one physics set wouldn't carry over to the other? So if you take over you wouldn't see wear while there was for the AI driver?

And I wouldn't call it a big problem because who would change drivers in the pits without changing tyres?

sisollazzo
30-06-2016, 10:46

No, there isn't tire wear for the AI. They come only for refueling.
You have to accept this, as we accept that SMS doesn't want to update this ugly bug!
Now I'm playing without tire wear.
I hope they will add again the option (like by tire wear) to increase the consumption of petrol.
In this way we can compensate the bug by the tire wear.

eddhen1
30-06-2016, 11:51
Oh dear :(

gaz6k
30-06-2016, 13:31
Could someone who knows clear up a couple of things that have been brought up in last few days.
1.If it starts to rain before pit window opens and AI change tyres, do they still need to come in for mandatory stop?
2. Does the AI suffer from tyre wear?
Its important I/we get a straight answer on this cos if the answer is NO for both questions it makes career mode unfair/unplayable/ridiculous/.
It basically means you cant play with one of the best features on this game... dynamic weather.

Bealdor
30-06-2016, 13:35
1.If it starts to rain before pit window opens and AI change tyres, do they still need to come in for mandatory stop?

No they don't. Known issue.

2. Does the AI suffer from tyre wear?

Yes. There seems to be an issue with FA cars (as seen in this thread) but in general the AI does suffer from tire wear.

gaz6k
30-06-2016, 13:43
Thanks for quick response.

sisollazzo
30-06-2016, 15:28
Yes. There seems to be an issue with FA cars (as seen in this thread) but in general the AI does suffer from tire wear.

I have already repeated this 100 times. Tire wear bug doesn't concern only the FA cars.
I like this game, but there are some bugs, the are very annoying.
I thing a correctly tire wear is a basic of a race game,
therefore I'm writing here a lot and I'm annoyig people of SMS and WMD moderators.
Sorry for that!

Haiden
30-06-2016, 16:02
....yes there is tire wear by the AI. How can you not understand trying to make them stop 7 times in 35 minutes will cause problems with Ai pit stops. 7 times...in.....35 minutes

Setting tire wear to x7 doesn't mean you want them to stop seven times. It just means the tires wear seven times faster than normal. Not sure what you mean by 7 times in 35 minutes.

Haiden
30-06-2016, 16:06

Actually, you won't need much luck at all, because last time I checked, being able to slow or increase the flow of time was pretty standard in many simulators. Simulation doesn't mean exactly like reality. It just means you're simulating the physics of it as best you can. Most people don't have years to watch a simulation play out, so increasing the flow of time is how they are able to simulate days, months, years, decades in an observable time frame. How many people do you think have time to simulate a 24 hours race in real time?

kevin kirk
30-06-2016, 17:37
Setting tire wear to x7 doesn't mean you want them to stop seven times. It just means the tires wear seven times faster than normal. Not sure what you mean by 7 times in 35 minutes...When I tried x7 I needed to pit every 4 or 5 minutes and the track he mentioned, a 20 lap race I guess is about 35 to 40 minutes. Pitting every 5 minutes in a 35 to 40 minute race is 7 pit stops. Allthough I didn't finish the race, just went long enough to do 3 or 4 pitstops to see how often I had to pit because the tire temp and wear couldnt behave in any kind of reasonable way that I could race it with wear that high.

Haiden
30-06-2016, 18:07
..When I tried x7 I needed to pit every 4 or 5 minutes and the track he mentioned, a 20 lap race I guess is about 35 to 40 minutes. Pitting every 5 minutes in a 35 to 40 minute race is 7 pit stops. Allthough I didn't finish the race, just went long enough to do 3 or 4 pitstops to see how often I had to pit because the tire temp and wear couldnt behave in any kind of reasonable way that I could race it with wear that high.

But no one is trying to get them to stop seven times. He just set the wear that high trying to get them to stop once or twice, at least that's what I was trying to do. I kept raising it, trying to get them to pit, and got up to x7 before I gave up. The AI being able to run 20 laps at x7 wear seems like more than just a little time related snafu.

sisollazzo
30-06-2016, 18:07
Also, this was my way to play with time wear.
From 100% till 51% race length I set normal tire wear. from 50% to 26% race length I set 2x tire wear. from 25% to 10% race lenght a set 3x tire wear.
The point there is not tire wear by the AI, it doesn't matter what you set.
Ok, I thought when I set the tire wear to 7x, it should be for sure tire wear by the AI.
In this forum I got the answer that 7x time wear make the AI crazy.
But normal tire wear make the AI crazy as well!!

I will repeat this till come PC2 come out or I get banned: There isn't tire wear for the AI. Not only by the FA cars.

Mahjik
30-06-2016, 19:13
Something I will say is that I'm not sure of the state of the AI wear in the release version of pCARS. I do know that during development, there were many tweaks to the AI wear, as when it was first introduced it made the AI pit about every other lap. It is possible, and likely, it was toned down for playability. As other have pointed out, the AI runs with different tire physics so it will not be 1:1 with the player tire wear no matter what.

kevin kirk
30-06-2016, 19:14
But no one is trying to get them to stop seven times. He just set the wear that high trying to get them to stop once or twice, at least that's what I was trying to do. I kept raising it, trying to get them to pit, and got up to x7 before I gave up. The AI being able to run 20 laps at x7 wear seems like more than just a little time related snafu......I run x2 and they pit every 30 mins for tires. They have to be pitting for tires because I run with fuel turned off. I don't know a easier way to explain this to him other than saying I see them pit for tires in a race with fuel off every night.

Roger Prynne
30-06-2016, 22:17
I just did a quick GT3/10 lap race with x4 tyre wear/real fuel, and the AI pitted on lap 8/9
I didn't but I wish I had :rolleyes:

Anyway the AI always pit for tyre's when they need to for me and always have.

Edit: Just done exactly the same thing only with x6 tyre wear and the AI pitted on lap 4/5/6

So why would they pit if they didn't need fuel..... because they need tyre's is why.

eiwhatsup
01-07-2016, 05:33
Rember, this is not only a bug for FA!!!happens the same on FB. They had actually fixed this a couple of patches ago, when they sorted the tyre temps problem. Next patch after that again screwed the AI pitting (they won't pit).

The further they pacth the game, the more things get messed up

It affects all cars btw. This is like the AI retardation issue. It's also blind across all classes, but some people really freak out

sisollazzo
01-07-2016, 07:41
I just did a quick GT3/10 lap race with x4 tyre wear/real fuel, and the AI pitted on lap 8/9
I didn't but I wish I had

Edit: Just done exactly the same thing only with x6 tyre wear and the AI pitted on lap 4/5/6

So why would they pit if they didn't need fuel..... because they need tyre's is why.

Good to know, this mean that this series ha not tire wear problem.
I've never played this series!
E.G. I play Vintage F1 Lotus class of 86 Master Cup. by 10 laps and nice weather the AI doesn't actually need to pit, because the petrol tank has enough full and I set tire wear 0x.
But only in Oschersleben GP they do a pit 3 laps bevor end of the race, why?
Also what I have up to now observe is that AI of many car series hasn't correct pit strategy.

sisollazzo
01-07-2016, 14:57
This is what I have found in the forum.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47475-Pitstop-Formula-A

Pitstop Formula A

Hello Guys,

Question 1:
I am playing this game since a few weeks and with career mode I am now in Tier 2 (Formula A). I noticed that there are no Mandatory pitstops. Formula B did have Mandatory pitstops. In Formula B this made the game more fun and realistic to me. Does anybody know the exact reason why there are no mandatory pitstops in career mode with Forumla A? Via google I found people saying this is because of license restrictions. This sounds very weird to me. It is the same as for example not being allowed to take corners on the PES football game.

Question 2:
How many laps do I need to setup a Formula A race so that all Ai players will do at least 1 pitstop?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Now is my question, it is sure that SMS doesn't want any more update a unfinished games?

kevin kirk
01-07-2016, 16:36
Meanwhile I'm having trouble with AI pitting to soon for tires when they could have reasonably stretched them for another 2 laps until the end if the race.. Fuel off

Schnizz58
01-07-2016, 17:09
Meanwhile I'm having trouble with AI pitting to soon for tires when they could have reasonably stretched them for another 2 laps until the end if the race.. Fuel off
I never do this but the other day I was 2/3 the way through a race and the phone rang. I needed to take the call so I let the AI driver finish the race for me. He pitted every few laps for some reason that I was never able to determine.

Konan
01-07-2016, 17:26
I never do this but the other day I was 2/3 the way through a race and the phone rang. I needed to take the call so I let the AI driver finish the race for me. He pitted every few laps for some reason that I was never able to determine.

He didn't want to drive while you were on the phone...lol
Seriously though...i had that happen too a couple of times...cost me some races and a lot of "bleeps" in my vocabulary...:cool:

sisollazzo
01-07-2016, 17:41
Good we are doing progress.

People are starting to understand there are bugs by the tire wear and pit stop strategy trough all car categories.:yes::D

kevin kirk
01-07-2016, 17:48
I never do this but the other day I was 2/3 the way through a race and the phone rang. I needed to take the call so I let the AI driver finish the race for me. He pitted every few laps for some reason that I was never able to determine.....I was talking about when racing against the AI.I never use the AI driver, for what I have the diffulculty on makes him drive to slow. As far as racing against the AI,most of the time I stay on one track for a week or so. When they cant make it to the end without pitting in the last couple of laps, I just lower the number of laps in the race the next time I race and they will finish without stopping in the last couple of laps.

Schnizz58
01-07-2016, 19:11
....I was talking about when racing against the AI.
Yeah I realize that...I just thought it was weird.

Leper Messiah
02-07-2016, 14:22
Actually, you won't need much luck at all, because last time I checked, being able to slow or increase the flow of time was pretty standard in many simulators. Simulation doesn't mean exactly like reality. It just means you're simulating the physics of it as best you can. Most people don't have years to watch a simulation play out, so increasing the flow of time is how they are able to simulate days, months, years, decades in an observable time frame. How many people do you think have time to simulate a 24 hours race in real time?

My point was that someone complaining about reality when they're speeding up time. Yes we can do it, but I would imagine that it would throw up all sorts of issues (and clearly it does).

I know that sims speed time up, my point was simulating REAL time speeding up, seeing as real time does not (ignoring relativity for sanities sake) then you cannot simulate real time speeding up, because it doesn't do so in reality.

Sloskimo
02-07-2016, 15:58
My point was that someone complaining about reality when they're speeding up time. Yes we can do it, but I would imagine that it would throw up all sorts of issues (and clearly it does).

I know that sims speed time up, my point was simulating REAL time speeding up, seeing as real time does not (ignoring relativity for sanities sake) then you cannot simulate real time speeding up, because it doesn't do so in reality.

Yeah but the term sim is malleable -apparently- it seems to be a synonym for: personal experience: why does it not do what I want it to do in a way I want it to? Not discounting the fact Pcars has many, many unaddressed bugs, because it does. In general, we'll see the same people who claim to never ever give SMS any money again back in the Pcars 2 support forum, and the merry-go-around will start all over :P It's the way of the world.

Leper Messiah
04-07-2016, 10:51
Yeah but the term sim is malleable -apparently- it seems to be a synonym for: personal experience: why does it not do what I want it to do in a way I want it to? Not discounting the fact Pcars has many, many unaddressed bugs, because it does. In general, we'll see the same people who claim to never ever give SMS any money again back in the Pcars 2 support forum, and the merry-go-around will start all over :P It's the way of the world.

Yes but you cannot speed up time in a sim and then moan about "how real" things are or are not. You can complain that it's bugged and a problem but not that it makes a game unrealistic, that is just daft.

Sankyo
04-07-2016, 11:16
I don't really understand the 'sim' discussion when there are options you don't have to turn on. Making a game do only things that are possible in real life is missing a huge opportunity to go beyond reality if desired, while still allowing to just stick to reality if you don't fancy that. Declaring a computer game not 'sim' enough when offering options beyond what's possible in real life but still grounded in real life (so no speed-ups, rocket launcher add-ons etc.) only indicates a misunderstanding what a computer-based simulation really is IMO.

Leper Messiah
04-07-2016, 13:08
I don't really understand the 'sim' discussion when there are options you don't have to turn on. Making a game do only things that are possible in real life is missing a huge opportunity to go beyond reality if desired, while still allowing to just stick to reality if you don't fancy that. Declaring a computer game not 'sim' enough when offering options beyond what's possible in real life but still grounded in real life (so no speed-ups, rocket launcher add-ons etc.) only indicates a misunderstanding what a computer-based simulation really is IMO.

The reason I'm talking about it is in reference to this comment : "Is this a simulation or not?" in the post I quote below. I'm stating that complaining about a simulations value based on reality, when the whole problem is about speeding up time, is daft. And I'm talking about a simulation as in a car simulation not "other" simulations.

What does mean this!!!
Incredible!!

sisollazzo
04-07-2016, 15:35
Simulation mean that if you have the possibility or option to speed the tire wear to 7x, this should be simulated not only by the car of the player but by the AI too.
I like this game!! And I don't complain here for each stupid things that I don't like in the game.
Again correctly tire wear and pit strategy is important for each race game.
SMS doesn't want to fix this bug, ok good... I understand, but there is not need to misrepresent what I reported in this tread.

Leper Messiah
05-07-2016, 09:55
Simulation mean that if you have the possibility or option to speed the tire wear to 7x, this should be simulated not only by the car of the player but by the AI too.
I like this game!! And I don't complain here for each stupid things that I don't like in the game.
Again correctly tire wear and pit strategy is important for each race game.
SMS doesn't want to fix this bug, ok good... I understand, but there is not need to misrepresent what I reported in this tread.

But it has no bearing on the games reality, that's the point I was trying to make. That line in your post sounded to me like you were questioning the accuracy of the games "simulation" value. The term "simulation" in regards to a driving game primarily means how accurate it is at replicating how cars handle. I hope you understand why I queried that line in your post. Your post did seem to be in a certain "tone" and I responded.

SMS want to fix all bugs, but may not have the resources to do so, same with any developer. They prioritise the bugs and game breakers get highest priority, lesser bugs will be fixed as and when if possible.

Haiden
05-07-2016, 15:35

And my point is that many professional simulators do allow you speed up time and it doesn't screw things up. Flight simulators allow you to speed up time. You think trainees actually fly NY to CA in real time? No. They increase the passage of time, and all fuel consumption and mechanical wear increase proportionally along with it. The term simulation doesn't have anything to do with the passage of time. A simulation simply simulates the operation, function, or behavior of something. In a simulation, time is just another variable that can be adjusted. Scientists run highly complex simulations--far more complex than any race. Think organs on a microchip, weather, environmental analysis, space flight, etc. All of these simulations are extremely accurate, and they all run faster than real time, yet all of the time related dependencies remain in order. If clouds are moving at 10 mph in real time, and you increase time to x3, they will travel 30 miles in an hour, instead of 10.

The idea that problems are/should be expected simply because you change the time flow is absurd. At least it is IMO. It's just not working right, that's all.

Haiden
05-07-2016, 15:36
I didn't but I wish I had :rolleyes:

Great. Now try that with the FA, and see what happens. The OP was talking about the FA. I've seen it myself in that class, but haven't noticed a problem with any of the others.