PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding DLC & multiplayer - considering purchasing.

TommyToes
27-06-2016, 12:14
Hi all.

I had quick look through the forums and was unable to see the info i seek, hope you can help. Never played PCars and was about to buy it on sale when I realised there was a ton of DLC for the game that was not on sale & that i know nothing about...

I'm only really interested in multiplayer... so from a position of complete ignorance what do i need or not need to enjoy multiplayer from the DLC content. Ideally i just want to by the game and go have fun online.. is this possible? What's the advice?

Thanks for any help.

AbeWoz
27-06-2016, 12:18
yes that is possible. the DLC is not required, but there are some great cars in the DLC packs as well as the Nurburgring 24h Layout.
Add the "Game of the Year" bundle to your steam cart, and it will account for you already having the base game, and discount the price accordingly. It includes all the DLC.

TommyToes
27-06-2016, 12:24
Thanks. Will not having certain DLC mean i'm unable to join certain servers that have that content? Is the MP community large enough with just the base game? i.e will there be populated servers if i have no DLC?

I'll look at the bundle, thanks again. But I'd prefer to spent 12 than 33... bit poor atm :(

Bealdor
27-06-2016, 12:32
Thanks. Will not having certain DLC mean i'm unable to join certain servers that have that content? Is the MP community large enough with just the base game? i.e will there be populated servers if i have no DLC?

I'll look at the bundle, thanks again. But I'd prefer to spent 12 than 33... bit poor atm :(

No. You'll always be able to join any server. And even if you don't have the DLC car or track you'll still be able to drive them if the host forces them.

TommyToes
27-06-2016, 12:34
No. You'll always be able to join any server. And even if you don't have the DLC car or track you'll still be able to drive them if the host forces them.

That's great! Thank a lot. See you on a server one day!