PDA

View Full Version : What's the "Damper Saturation" slider for?

Donnced
27-06-2016, 23:32
Hi to all! Loving really the game.
I just bought the trusthmaster T150RS and i don't get really good feelings with it, tried also a lot of settings from here, and the feeling was getting better than the default one's but i find it still unrealistic feel...so i i am looking to the different options in the general controller settings and the advanced FFB settings to find out how it works and trying to get a feeling that aproches a "real car feeling" .

But i only find lot's of information of the advanced FFB settings.

The wheel is slow..

So I'm looking into the controller settings.
And there isn't any information off what all the sliders do..
There's one ho was blocked if you play with a controller, but now with the wheel i can adjust it, but i don't know what it means and what it does.

It's called "Damper Saturation"... What does this setting?
I put it on "90" and my impression is that it gives more feeling in the wheel of the suspension from the cars...

Hopefully somebody can explain this setting.

It's really difficult to setup a wheel in project cars.... I'm getting tired trying lots of setups...and don't feel the car behaviour and feeling the wheel really slow (i put it on 900 degrees).

Can the diferent "controller modes" 1,2 or 3 make the wheel faster.. Or the modes don't do anything with a wheel?

Thanks in advance..

Hopefully in the next game all settings got their explanations..that would be great and very helpful for everyone.

DerrellBiffle
28-06-2016, 02:18
Check this out first. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files
Then try this
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Baseline-Wheel-FFB-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal

Then check out the pc section it is full of ffb setups

gotdirt410sprintcar
28-06-2016, 05:28
Hi to all! Loving really the game.
I just bought the trusthmaster T150RS and i don't get really good feelings with it, tried also a lot of settings from here, and the feeling was getting better than the default one's but i find it still unrealistic feel...so i i am looking to the different options in the general controller settings and the advanced FFB settings to find out how it works and trying to get a feeling that aproches a "real car feeling" .

But i only find lot's of information of the advanced FFB settings.

The wheel is slow..

So I'm looking into the controller settings.
And there isn't any information off what all the sliders do..
There's one ho was blocked if you play with a controller, but now with the wheel i can adjust it, but i don't know what it means and what it does.

It's called "Damper Saturation"... What does this setting?
I put it on "90" and my impression is that it gives more feeling in the wheel of the suspension from the cars...

Hopefully somebody can explain this setting.

It's really difficult to setup a wheel in project cars.... I'm getting tired trying lots of setups...and don't feel the car behaviour and feeling the wheel really slow (i put it on 900 degrees).

Can the diferent "controller modes" 1,2 or 3 make the wheel faster.. Or the modes don't do anything with a wheel?

Thanks in advance..

Hopefully in the next game all settings got their explanations..that would be great and very helpful for everyone. Never touched that before try Jack spade settings or check grimey dog settings. Don't know how your setting your stuff up or wheel you have but first thing you should do is go to the base line thread pc help and settings there you can run wheel check get your right deadzones and scoops it will help you out

Donnced
28-06-2016, 10:05
Never touched that before try Jack spade settings or check grimey dog settings. Don't know how your setting your stuff up or wheel you have but first thing you should do is go to the base line thread pc help and settings there you can run wheel check get your right deadzones and scoops it will help you out

Thanks, but i tried grimey and Jack's settings and didn't like the feedback and feeling off them in my Trusthmaster T150RS.

That's why i'm asked what the "Damper Saturation" slider is and what it does, cause just everyone i now copy settings and don't try out all the options available.

This game really misses a good explanation of every option in the game.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Donnced
28-06-2016, 10:19
Check this out first. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files
Then try this
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Baseline-Wheel-FFB-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal

Then check out the pc section it is full of ffb setups

Thanks, but like i saw, i already tried a lot of settings, Jacks including. And the basics of all of them are the same.
The advanced FFB settings are well explained, but the basis one's with the deadzones and sensitive one's not at all.

Why everyone's putting controller mode 3? What are the difference between the 3 modes and how they affect the wheel?

What's the "Damper Saturation" slider that everyone has at 0, in what it affects on the wheel? Cause this option is only available when you play with a wheel.

The "soft steering damping" everyone got it active... (and my feelings deactivating it was that the wheel became more sensitive)

But in general terms i don't find any explanations off all the settings that allows me to fine tune my wheel and so try to find a feeling and behaviour similar to what the wheel from my real world car transfers in feelings to me.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

konnos
28-06-2016, 12:16
Controller mode is for pads etc, it's not supposed to affect wheels. Dampers saturation is how fast or slow it will take the game to "dampen" a force. If you don't understand that it's best to leave it alone for now. The general consensus is that you do not want any dampening at all, or you only want a tiny bit like 10% or less. Not sure what soft steering damping is, in general the only options you need to get good FFB is Deadzone Removals, ScoopKnee and Reduction, RelativeAdjusts. Use Jack's RAs, and use the FCM program to see what kind of Deadzone and Scoops your wheel needs. Use 1/10 of that DeadzoneRemovalRange as your DRFallout. If you get oscillation in the centre, raise the DRFallout a little. Recommended to leave the SteeringGain at 1.00 and play with the in-game ffb strength and/or TyreForce once you ve got the rest of the options dialed in. Don't worry about WPM etc.

Jack's folder 1 and 2 are highly recommended if you don't want to fuss about with in-car FFB.

BigDad
28-06-2016, 13:50
Thanks, but like i saw, i already tried a lot of settings, Jacks including. And the basics of all of them are the same.
The advanced FFB settings are well explained, but the basis one's with the deadzones and sensitive one's not at all.

Why everyone's putting controller mode 3? What are the difference between the 3 modes and how they affect the wheel?

What's the "Damper Saturation" slider that everyone has at 0, in what it affects on the wheel? Cause this option is only available when you play with a wheel.

The "soft steering damping" everyone got it active... (and my feelings deactivating it was that the wheel became more sensitive)

But in general terms i don't find any explanations off all the settings that allows me to fine tune my wheel and so try to find a feeling and behaviour similar to what the wheel from my real world car transfers in feelings to me.

Thanks for trying to help me out.
This might help .
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38864-Forum-Resources-for-Pcars&p=1113839&viewfull=1#post1113839

DerrellBiffle
28-06-2016, 20:43
Well let's try this
http://www.isrtv.com/xbox-one/project-cars-force-feedback-tips-and-settings/

Donnced
28-06-2016, 23:18
Well let's try this
http://www.isrtv.com/xbox-one/project-cars-force-feedback-tips-and-settings/

Wooaah! Great post! Thanks for this one!