PDA

View Full Version : Can FA with no aids, racing on REAL reach 1:50 lap times in SPA

Saloei
28-06-2016, 21:47
Can FA with no aids, racing on REAL reach 1:50 lap times in SPA? I can never get to 1:51. Any suggestions? My best is in the 1:52. I can reach average 195MPH on the KEMMEL STRAIGHT after the RAIDILLON EAU ROUGE and maintain that average throughout the track where track straight allows, anyway. Is my CPU not fast enough?

AbeWoz
28-06-2016, 21:56
SDL Mangator did a 1:40.8xx with no assists.
check the leaderboards here: http://pcars.13ms.de/#/times/904625875?vehicle=1909945073
it will show you what assists people use as well

Saloei
28-06-2016, 21:59
That's impressive considering I'm at the edge of my limits. I can't go any faster.

DerrellBiffle
28-06-2016, 22:54
Hey Saloei you are at you limits right now, in another month you will be faster. I have gained a 1/2 second at tracks by changing one corner entry. You will over time figure out a better line and better braking points. Watching other drivers on YouTube can reveal a lot, for example entry and exit speed of certain corners.

Saloei
28-06-2016, 23:47
My controller is hand held. What I mean is, I hold the whole controller with one hand and use my same hand's index finger to control gas and brake. One hand holds the controller, accelerates and brakes, while the other hand does the steering. Up is for brake. Down is accelerate. I can't accelerate and brake at the same time because of my setup but I feel if I could do both at the same time, my lap times would decrease. Technically you could apply brake and accelerate at the same time. I'm thinking this is why I can't achieve lower times on the track.

DerrellBiffle
29-06-2016, 00:10
That sounds complicated! You are doing well with the controller. It is hard to compare directly with someone that has a wheel and pedal set. Yes it is definitely beneficial to be able to apply the brake and gas at the same time, this allows you to save the car and help it rotate in certain situations. Any possibilty of button reassignment?

DerrellBiffle
29-06-2016, 00:21
If at all possible get a wheel it takes the game to a completely different level.

Azure Flare
29-06-2016, 10:23
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/352314/54cdacc868cbc_352314b.jpg

You're getting 1:41s with THIS!?

Saloei
29-06-2016, 11:07
You're getting 1:41s with THIS!?
That's Right! I'm getting 1:41 with this! Just kidding. No, my best has been 1:52 at the Spa. The poster above answered my question by linking to a data chart where someone did 1:41 at the Spa with no aids.

@DerrellBiffle, I do have a wheel and used it once to get a feel. It's a Logitech MOMO from my rFactor1 days. It did make a difference on overall game immersion. It's so much easier for me to just grab my Interact wheel and start playing when compared to what I have to go through with the MOMO just to get a quick race.

Xraider
29-06-2016, 11:24
Did you tune your car for the track? Tuning can have a gigantic impact.

If you're worried about your computer, just turn on an FPS counter. If you drop below 60fps, then you settings need to be lowered.

Saloei
29-06-2016, 16:20
Did you tune your car for the track? Tuning can have a gigantic impact.

If you're worried about your computer, just turn on an FPS counter. If you drop below 60fps, then you settings need to be lowered.LOLO! My problem is I'm not fast enough. As for the tuning setup, I'm not to good at that. I have changed camber and gearing and a few other settings, which has helped when compared to when I made no changes. I go on Youtube to familiarize myself with what camber and the rest of the settings mean and what effects they make when tuned properly. There're many videos on youtube that help in explaining what each does.

AbeWoz
29-06-2016, 16:22
you can also try the setup database. http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Mahjik
29-06-2016, 16:28
LOLO! My problem is I'm not fast enough. As for the tuning setup, I'm not to good at that. I have changed camber and gearing and a few other settings, which has helped when compared to when I made no changes. I go on Youtube to familiarize myself with what camber and the rest of the settings mean and what effects they make when tuned properly. There're many videos on youtube that help in explaining what each does.

On a track like Spa, the wings and ride height settings will be critical for a fast lap (especially with the FA).

Xraider
30-06-2016, 08:28
LOLO! My problem is I'm not fast enough. As for the tuning setup, I'm not to good at that. I have changed camber and gearing and a few other settings, which has helped when compared to when I made no changes. I go on Youtube to familiarize myself with what camber and the rest of the settings mean and what effects they make when tuned properly. There're many videos on youtube that help in explaining what each does.

I don't understand the "LOL". Tuning affects your speed as Mahjik has further pointed out. You do realize I was just trying to help you...

N0body Of The Goat
30-06-2016, 16:46
IIRC, ~1min49.xsecs is easily possible for me in the default setup Formula A in Time Trial, no assists, no exploits like tyre wear turned off.

Online, or in Quick Race Weekend @ 1100 March 1st (TT time/date settings IIRC), that default time reduces to ~1min47.xsecs, due to the rubbering-in effect of the track compared to how "green" it is in Time Trial.

Saloei
01-07-2016, 09:55
I don't understand the "LOL". Tuning affects your speed as Mahjik has further pointed out. You do realize I was just trying to help you...
The poster suggested I use a frame limiter for smooth gameplay when I asked if my CPU was fast enough. My CPU is fast enough. I'm not fast enough. I had a good laugh when I read his post.

I'm going to try that PC Setups website. Some of those setups do work.

Xraider
01-07-2016, 10:36
The poster suggested I use a frame limiter for smooth gameplay when I asked if my CPU was fast enough. My CPU is fast enough. I'm not fast enough. I had a good laugh when I read his post.

I'm going to try that PC Setups website. Some of those setups do work.

Frame Counter. NOT limiter.

You literally asked if your CPU was fast enough or not.

Saloei
01-07-2016, 19:45
Frame Counter. NOT limiter.

You literally asked if your CPU was fast enough or not.
No offense. I was kidding when I asked if my cpu was fast enough. The problem isn't my pc, it's me! But I managed to get 1:50 around Spa just now in an online race by increasing the front roll bar. I mapped it to my keyboard for easy access.

N0body Of The Goat
10-07-2016, 11:36
Just bumping this thread to remind all that this combo is this weekend's Logitech event.;)

There are a few including me with default setups currently, my 1min49.304secs was set with no exploits, while bunged up with a cold that completely messed up most of my week of annual leave. Best I can see currently on default is 1min48.704secs by SDL Speeddmon91.

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=80