PDA

View Full Version : For Oculus rift - Steam vs. Oculus store for PC

hamp
29-06-2016, 01:59
Hi. I ordered an Oculus rift and finally got an email that it is shipping soon. The game I mainly want to play is project cars. I've been reading about the difficulty some are having getting it to run. Are the problems worse if you buy the steam version or the oculus store version? I don't care about the price difference. It's a one time purchase. Which has the cleanest install, in other words, with the fewest problems? I know about the issue of not being able to race with other platform users. But that's ok. Thanks in advance

SlowBloke
29-06-2016, 06:48
Others will answer hopefully but of note if u like multiplayer u should not get the occulus version as most people have the steam version and they are not compatible.

Siberian Tiger
29-06-2016, 07:59
Yes, if i where you i would get the Steam Version. Because of more Peoples in the Multiplayer...
The Steam Version has the same functionallity AFAIK.

The only difference you can start it only trough Steam, not in the Oculus Home like your perhaps other Rift Games...

hamp
29-06-2016, 15:37
Yes, if i where you i would get the Steam Version. Because of more Peoples in the Multiplayer...
The Steam Version has the same functionallity AFAIK.

The only difference you can start it only trough Steam, not in the Oculus Home like your perhaps other Rift Games...

Thanks