PDA

View Full Version : Car performance bugs

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 10:53
Can anyone point me in the right direction to any information/answers about the car performance bugs in this game which are killing it for me. I love this game but it really is pot luck whether or not you get a quick or slow car in online play for me. I've found that the same car can vary wildly in performance from session to session with the same car setup, the same time of day and weather conditions etc and it seems to be worst in gt3's (apart from prohibited tune,which is completely broken and unusable) and its ruining my experience.im talking about a lap time difference of upto 2seconds but usually around 7 tenths a lap and can sometimes just feel like a completely different car from session to session. I was a top 10 runner in the esports time trial events and its the same there too and I had to keep leaving and rejoining sessions until I got a "good one". Are these known bugs ? Is it just me ? Are developers aware of this issue ? Because, for me, it's impossible to run any sort of semi serious competitions on this game whilst it's like this and I can't find any information about it anywhere. I want to keep playing this game but it's becoming more and more frustrating as time goes by and nothing changes.

AbeWoz
29-06-2016, 11:04
i've never had this issue. I typically run the Corvette, which is known to be lacking pace to some of the other GT3's. But it performs better at certain tracks, and I have certain tracks that I am faster at and that my setup is more dialed in for.

What specific cars/tracks are you having an issue with? Keep in mind that turbo cars will have an advantage at high altitude tracks like nurburgring and bathurst.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 11:11
I don't mean relative to other cars, i mean the same car on the same track can be completely different in feel and pace from session to session, even sometimes can change returning to pit and rejoining track. I'd be very surprised if other drivers don't notice this as it's very obvious albeit completely unpredictable.
It's not any perticular track and car combo either, it's all tracks and seems to be worse/ more common in some cars than others.

AbeWoz
29-06-2016, 11:31
car setup plays a huge role, as does track temp and weather.
Just an FYI, as the race weekend goes on, the track gets more grip. So quali will have more grip than practice, and the race will have more grip than quali (assuming same weather, TOD).

So keep an eye on your tire temps/pressures from session to session too. The race track temp might be higher than quali so you have to account for the increased grip as well as the temp change.

And when pitting, make sure the temps are the set to where you want them, and that you are getting the correct tire compound

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 11:39
Lol, I understand what you are saying but it's not that, it's a bug/problem in the game. To explain, say I do a lap time of 1.30.00 in a car at a track, I return to pit, go back on track and can only do 1.30.8's, retire to pit, come back on track and start doing 1.30.00's again. It's more common from session to session but does also happen as explained. Sometimes the car feels completely different and sometimes doesn't feel different but times are considerably different.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 11:55
Just to add, the reason I believe it to be a game bug more than a connection issue is because it definitely happens more in certain cars than others I.e gt3's, clio's being the main culprits that come to mind, and these are NOT the cars I race the most frequently in so its not a case of noticing it in these cars because I use them more than others, it seems to be an issue with the physics model somehow to me, but my knowledge of this is very limited.

Bealdor
29-06-2016, 12:06
Could you please check the tire pressures and power output via the telemetry HUD the next time you're experiencing this?

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 12:12
Could you please check the tire pressures and power output via the telemetry HUD the next time you're experiencing this?

Tyre pressures are always fine as I keep a close eye on these, as for power output I must admit I've not kept an eye on this one to notice any differences but I will say that the handling can feel noticeably different which could be slightly affected by the power output but not to the extent of the differences felt but I will check and compare when I next experience it which will probably be soon as we are using gt3's atm. It would seem like a similar problem to the default car setup performance problems if I was guessing at logical explanations.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 12:21
Also I'm quite surprised people seem confused as this is not a new issue for me, it's been a problem for a long time but as I said before, I tend to avoid the cars mentioned and especially default tune racing to avoid the problem and I know it's not just me. I race with a community/league group that are racing nearly every day since release and it's happening to quite a few people but a lot don't recognise it straight away and by the time they do it's too late, race experience ruined and they are left confused.

Bealdor
29-06-2016, 12:27
Also I'm quite surprised people seem confused as this is not a new issue for me, it's been a problem for a long time but as I said before, I tend to avoid the cars mentioned and especially default tune racing to avoid the problem and I know it's not just me. I race with a community/league group that are racing nearly every day since release and it's happening to quite a few people but a lot don't recognise it straight away and by the time they do it's too late, race experience ruined and they are left confused.

TBH I've never heard of this issue before. At least I can't remember it being reported anywhere.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 12:42
TBH I've never heard of this issue before. At least I can't remember it being reported anywhere.
Maybe I play this game too much lol.
Gt3's are definitely the worst culprit for it from session to session so maybe you and/or others could try it for a few sessions and see if you notice anything. As an ex endurance racer IRL for 15 years the lack of consistency in the game for me is driving me crazy atm and at the moment there aren't any other sim titles on ps4 so I have to stick with it for now, but it doesn't look good for the future with esports and any other semi serious competitions coming up if these issues aren't known, let alone addressed.

AbeWoz
29-06-2016, 12:44
all i race is GT3 and i have never noticed the issue. i also never race with default setups since that seems silly to me.

beetes_juice
29-06-2016, 15:40
With the popularity of GT3 I don't think this would get unnoticed. I run QRW for a good portion of my game time with PQR sessions. Lap times improve over time and stay consistent for the most part :o.

*Are you referring to online sessions with default setups forced? There is a bug with the fuel load I believe that could be the culprit in your time differences.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 17:29
No no, default setups are unusable, tuned races and time trial sessions, without doubt it happens albeit quite subtly most of the time and I find it hard to believe it's only our group that notices it. Maybe it's just a ps4 thing but either way it's clear nobody is really aware of it, so heyho. Looking forward to AC and GT Sport

lmntr
29-06-2016, 20:39
I know temperature and weather has been mentioned, but have you made sure that the type of day, weather and time of day is always the same when making a comparison? For example, the host can choose race date, custom and current date along with an specific in-game time start and weather and thus a different ambient temperature. If you are not the host you can not tell what type of day has been selected; the only clue you get is after you disconnect from the session and then go to the create multiplyer session settings to see what is showing. I host a league and I always make it a point to post date type, in-game time and weather so that everyone can practice at leisure with the exact settings that will be used when we race so there are no surprises.

Gasman888
29-06-2016, 22:04
Yes settings are all the same, like I mentioned earlier it happens also in time trials which I never do apart from the esports rounds to date but the car would be upto 7tenths difference in pace in different sessions so I would leave and go back to main menu then restart the community event session, if it was good I'd stay, bad I'd leave and rejoin, extremely frustrating when you leave to save a time only to rejoin a bad session and spend the next hour leaving and rejoining until I get another good session which sometimes would end up being the next day. It's pretty obvious it's not a known issue and if I'm the only person noticing it then it's pretty unlikely anything will be done about it other than someone telling me to delete all my game data and I'm not doing that. I'll just have to wait for AC or GT Sport and see if they have as many bugs as this or not lol

Schnizz58
29-06-2016, 22:14
It would be interesting to compare telemetry logs between two sessions to see where the time is going.

Wheel-user
30-06-2016, 08:45
This could be because the online game isn't on dedicated servers it's peer to peer.. racing games shouldn't be on this way of online broadcasting because it causes lag and connection problems

Gasman888
30-06-2016, 09:08
This could be because the online game isn't on dedicated servers it's peer to peer.. racing games shouldn't be on this way of online broadcasting because it causes lag and connection problems

I think your probably right, it's a fundamental problem with this game and cannot be changed/resolved although it doesn't explain the performance differences in tt mode, unless that's connection based somehow. I do have fibre optic broadband, with an Ethernet cable so don't know what else I can do. The only thing that makes me unsure of it being a connection issue is the fact that it definitely happens in certain cars more than others as I stated above.either way,thanks for the opinions, but it seems that I'm alone in noticing this so it's very unlikely anything will/can be done, it's such a shame as this game would be fantastic if it wasn't for all the bugs :(

Bruno Alexandre
30-06-2016, 09:56
I think your probably right, it's a fundamental problem with this game and cannot be changed/resolved although it doesn't explain the performance differences in tt mode, unless that's connection based somehow. I do have fibre optic broadband, with an Ethernet cable so don't know what else I can do. The only thing that makes me unsure of it being a connection issue is the fact that it definitely happens in certain cars more than others as I stated above.either way,thanks for the opinions, but it seems that I'm alone in noticing this so it's very unlikely anything will/can be done, it's such a shame as this game would be fantastic if it wasn't for all the bugs :(

Are you driving with a wheel ?

Sankyo
30-06-2016, 10:34
So did other drivers in your league also got this bug for sure?

GrimeyDog
30-06-2016, 11:05
Maybe its the Camber Exploit thing that was supposed to be fixed because it gives a Notable Straight line speed boost???

Gasman888
30-06-2016, 11:10
Yes I am using a wheel, T500rs, and yes other drivers experience the same problem and as I said it is definitely more common in the cars I mentioned and tt, but unless you do a bit of practice (which I don't most of the time) it's tough to recognise as you don't know what to expect from the car. In that case it only becomes noticeable when the car changes completely in feel from qually/practice to the race.(and like I said before, it's not fuel load or tyre pressure related and the setups don't appear to be lost).

GrimeyDog
30-06-2016, 13:23
The Camber Exploit is set up Related... they stand the Rear tires up Straight and it Gives better Straight Line accelertation.

I Race 99.% GT3 mostly in the Ruf... I Notice Some Guys can Really Run Me Down or Pull away on the Straights but i Make up time in the Corner... Using that Exploit is a Give and take thing it Really depends on your driving Style although it does give a Clear advantage... They Really Make up or Gain alot of Ground using it!!!

Gasman888
30-06-2016, 16:52
The Camber Exploit is set up Related... they stand the Rear tires up Straight and it Gives better Straight Line accelertation.

I Race 99.% GT3 mostly in the Ruf... I Notice Some Guys can Really Run Me Down or Pull away on the Straights but i Make up time in the Corner... Using that Exploit is a Give and take thing it Really depends on your driving Style although it does give a Clear advantage... They Really Make up or Gain alot of Ground using it!!!

Sorry grimey but your missing the point slightly, the performance difference I'm complaining about isn't against other cars, it's me vs me on the same track with the same car, and the same setup at the same time of day on the same day withe the same track temp when returning to pit in practice after a 5lap run and then rejoining track and the car feeling different and noticeably slower/faster (0.5-1.5 secs slower/quicker)

Mahjik
30-06-2016, 17:15
The best thing to do is to connect up one of the telemetry apps and get data on the runs. When you have a run that is "affected", post it up along with a non-affected lap.