PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Rift and SLI

the_furious_man
03-07-2016, 15:03
Hi, I'v been running Project Cars with 2x 980ti's in SLI with no problems. I recently got an Oculus CV1, and with SLI enabled there is really bad ghosting - this goes if I disable SLI. I've contacted Nvidia support about this and they've advised to speak to the developers, can any of you guys help with this?

Thanks,

Joris GvK
03-07-2016, 16:25
Crossfire or SLI does not work in VR.

rosko
05-07-2016, 22:06
It could work but developers have not implemented it yet. I don't think it works in any game to date but maybe in new games coming out. Maybe pcars 2.

Ryzza5
06-07-2016, 04:27
I'm not sure if it's a game dev thing or a GPU driver thing or a HMD thing. The fact that no-one has done it successfully yet suggests it's one of the latter.
If there is any industry info on making improvements I'm sure SMS developers would be keen to know.

the_furious_man
08-07-2016, 07:01
Thanks for your replies. As I say, Nvidia don't seem to think there should be a problem with SLI in VR and that it's more down to the developers, so hopefully this is something we'll see supported more as time goes on.

rosko
10-07-2016, 22:53
Nvidia are about to bring a VR demo out with it demonstrating various tech, this demo does support SLI so it definitely is possible.