PDA

View Full Version : Land mine glitch possibly at oschersleben gp

Redslayer
06-07-2016, 05:31
Exit of turn 3 (2nd left hander) along the right side of the track near the end of the curb. I unfortunately didn't get vid because I was in a league race. But it flung me into a 180 out of no where, and glitched my game so that I could no longer down shift using my paddle shifter. Right paddle still worked flawlessly.

I had to run the rest of the race with my H pattern (thankfully I had it hooked up already).

After the race I immediately loaded into an offline session to see if I could fix the paddles but they both worked flawlessly again. So it was a glitch within the game.

Wheel is Fanatec csr with csr elite pedals. I also hooked the wheel to my pc afterwards and tested the laft paddle there and it agai. worked no issue. then ran 6 short online races 12 laps each at the little oval, and no issues at all. So its definitely not a hardware issue.

Wheel-user
09-07-2016, 07:15
I think I know what's causing the landmine or crash into nothing it's because multiplayer is peer to peer and not run on a server so what you crash into is another car but because of the lag and delay you don't see it on the game

Redslayer
10-07-2016, 14:33
I think I know what's causing the landmine or crash into nothing it's because multiplayer is peer to peer and not run on a server so what you crash into is another car but because of the lag and delay you don't see it on the game

Its possible I suppose. But I was around half a second up on the nearest car. Maybe it is just messed up net code.

Hopefully its sorted in the next game

wyldanimal
10-07-2016, 17:24

It Happens OFTEN in OFF-Line against the AI.. So theory is out the widow..
but there could be a Different Bug regards to P2P lag, and cars stuck on the Starting grid.

Cholton82
16-07-2016, 07:08
I hadn't hit one for months , I altered some of the global ffb settings and from that point on I hit about three within a week . I changed the global ffb settings back to what they had been previously and havnt hit one since and I've ran the same races again , I'm not saying that's definitely what caused it but you you never know as it could be a physics related bug .