PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with a 'VR Lifehack' ?

waanders360
08-07-2016, 08:24
i like playing project cars with a beamer. Perfect combination with my Classic Mini seat :) You may rather say that i have low budget setup, and i love it! :cool: (See my instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BHZcNkhgcO_/?taken-by=dgo_waanders))

But i also like the new VR technology, but for this moment it's too expensive for me, maybe Q1 2017. The feature i like in the VR Mode is the way you can look to the left, and the right while you are competing with the more agresssive cars on the road. I don't want to make more mistakes, i just want to look - for a short time - through the 'dead spots'.

As a sollution i think it's possible to have a cap with a USB connector, such as the technology of leap. When i look to the left, my visuals also go to left. Just as the button at my wheel.

Is this allready for sale, can ik buy this at ebay? Or, can someone help me. I am not the technical person, but i have the good ideas :)

Pascal, Doetinchem (Netherlands)

Dakpilot
08-07-2016, 08:34
Google Edtracker

and edtracker youtube :cool:

Seems to be a very good budget option either in DIY or complete product

new improved Edtracker Pro available

I have not used this myself but many have had great success in flight sims, TrackIR is expensive but there are also diy versions of that, also facetracknoIR

Edtracker seems ideal for Driving Sims to me, and easily available in Netherlands (UK based)

Cheers Dakpilot

waanders360
08-07-2016, 08:54
thanx for your post. I will look at this

Ryzza5
08-07-2016, 11:02
trackIR is another option

Siberian Tiger
08-07-2016, 14:00
Yup, Track IR is really good. It has plenty of Options to finetune the movements...
I do use Track IR 5 also on my Beamer Setup :)

John Hargreaves
08-07-2016, 21:35
I'd honestly suggest saving up for the real thing. An Oculus rift is about the same price as a decent flatscreen TV, and every bit as good in its own way. It's not the finished article yet, the screens will improve in the next few versions, but so long as you realise that, it takes driving and flying sims to another level entirely.

Ryzza5
09-07-2016, 07:24
Yeah I've been meaning to hunt for my FSX discs (or perhaps I purchased the Steam version once upon a time)... will have to work out how to VR'ify it.

waanders360
09-07-2016, 08:47
Yup, Track IR is really good. It has plenty of Options to finetune the movements...
I do use Track IR 5 also on my Beamer Setup :)

will be test this also! Thanx

waanders360
09-07-2016, 08:52
yes, i know, but i like the environment in a 'beamer setup'. VR is still in development, and the software too. Maybe in 2 years for me

John Hargreaves
09-07-2016, 16:22
Yeah I've been meaning to hunt for my FSX discs (or perhaps I purchased the Steam version once upon a time)... will have to work out how to VR'ify it.

Definitely get the steam version, and wait for a sale when it's 5 (just gone unfortunately, but it will happen again) and a program called Flyinside. It's an independent one man band and is the most amazing piece of software, makes this ten year old DX9 title work perfectly on the rift and once you add on some of the scenery upgrades, it looks every bit as good as DCS or Warthunder. Dan, the guy who wrote Flyinside has developed his own version of ATW I believe, so the whole thing just works far better than it has any right to. There is a time limited free trial version too.