PDA

View Full Version : G29 problem. No 1st gear or 6th gear

8lb6ozBabyJesus
09-07-2016, 01:59
Hi, so I just bought a barely used 2nd hand G29 and shifter (looks barely used too). Plug it in, turn on the playstation, start a free practice in the Evo 8 and I have a problem!!!

When I put the gear stick into 1st it goes into 3rd gear on the game, the same with when I put it into 6th gear it selects 4th. 3rd and 4th still work as per.

So I go into the options to assign the buttons just thinking its done something weird. When I go to assign 1st gear it registers as 3rd gear and unassigns actual 3rd gear.

So, in simple terms, it reads 1st gear as 3rd and reads 6th gear as 4th.

New to this so are there software updates that need to be done with the G29 or something that I am missing or is it an actual problem with the G29?

Cheers

Phil

Shogun613
09-07-2016, 03:51
I would download the Logitech Gaming software onto your PC, connect your wheel, pedals, and shifter, and test every button, dial and stick position. If you see input problems while testing the buttons and paddles on the wheel, the problem may be on the board inside the base. If the input testing reveals problems in just the shifter, just go ahead and drop the 50 bucks on a new one. After that you can maybe salvage the old one as a DIY project for a handbrake or something.

8lb6ozBabyJesus
09-07-2016, 05:06
Sorted! Took it apart and just blew the potentiometers clean and its all good.

Cheers

Shogun613
09-07-2016, 05:22
Sorted! Took it apart and just blew the potentiometers clean and its all good.

Cheers
That's good news, and good to know if the same happens with mine.

Ryzza5
09-07-2016, 07:12
Yep the shifter wires are known to be pretty fragile. Concerning that Logitech haven't sorted that out for their 'brand new' G29 that totally isn't a rebranded G27.