PDA

View Full Version : Default Force Feedback settings better than Jack Spades now?

Snake OilerX
09-07-2016, 17:57
So I got the latest update patch and decided to try out the new default ff settings and really like them,just have to trun the master scale down a bit on sime cars..what do you guys think?ff

konnos
09-07-2016, 22:20
No, the defaults are much improved from the old days, but they still leave a lot to be desired. Maybe I ve gotten so used to Jack's tweak files, that anything else feels off.

morpwr
10-07-2016, 14:48
I d agree jacks are still better but like you said the defaults are much improved. Id say the defaults feel less lively compared to jacks if I had to describe the difference.

lancashirelad
10-07-2016, 18:11
I've used in car defaults for a while and I'm happy with my current settings. Ps4 T300rs

Haiden
11-07-2016, 14:27
About a week ago, I got in a car that I thought I had driven before and did almost 10 laps before I realized that the FFB was set to default. Back last year, I would have been able to tell within the first lap.

Schnizz58
11-07-2016, 14:44
About a week ago, I got in a car that I thought I had driven before and did almost 10 laps before I realized that the FFB was set to default. Back last year, I would have been able to tell within the first lap.
I can usually tell in the first corner. Same thing happened to me the other day. I got in a car and immediately it didn't feel right. I went back to the pits and looked at the FFB and it was default. Maybe it was the default tune + default FFB but right away it just felt really wrong.

Also, the default settings are just 100 for everything and no SoP. The only thing that changes from one car to another is the master scale and spindle arm angle. Everything else stays the same. So I don't know why they'd feel better now than they used to.

Sankyo
11-07-2016, 14:51
FFB is highly personal, so 'better' has very little meaning without explaining what you're looking for in the FFB :)

lancashirelad
11-07-2016, 19:09
Agree everyone has their own taste. For me personally I'm getting all the info I need through my wheel and don't seem to be putting it under too much stress. I have just started a career and I'm enjoying the driving.