PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars ???? I dont think so anymore

Stryker44
21-07-2016, 01:16
After 800 hours in PC. I finally gave Assetto Corssa a real chance. With all the moding, better more realistic tracks and most of all "WAY WAY better driving experience/Physics" Not to mention the correct triple screen support (that got asked for here over and over again to no avail) I just can't go back to Project cars no matter how hard I try. It just seems like the cars slide all over the place with the grip/tire physics completely wrong. The experience is so unrealistic that it just sucks now. Looking back on the situation I was caught up in all the hype and over the top advertising that I feel a little cheated out of what could have been. They got my money though and after that many hours I got my moneys worth .. I guess. They even got all the force feedback right without a thousand little settings to monkey around with. Think about that one. That was one of the selling points I see now that were unnecessary. If an old game like AC can do it so easily, It just puts it all in perspective. I defiantly wont be wasting my money on a PCars 2

My two cents ... Take it or leave it .. IDC

Meanwhile I'll be in the Ferrari 458 GT2 setting laps on the real laser scanned Silverstone and Monza.

poirqc
21-07-2016, 01:45
After 800 hours in PC. I finally gave Assetto Corssa a real chance. With all the moding, better more realistic tracks and most of all "WAY WAY better driving experience/Physics" Not to mention the correct triple screen support (that got asked for here over and over again to no avail) I just can't go back to Project cars no matter how hard I try. It just seems like the cars slide all over the place with the grip/tire physics completely wrong. The experience is so unrealistic that it just sucks now. Looking back on the situation I was caught up in all the hype and over the top advertising that I feel a little cheated out of what could have been. They got my money though and after that many hours I got my moneys worth .. I guess. They even got all the force feedback right without a thousand little settings to monkey around with. Think about that one. That was one of the selling points I see now that were unnecessary. If an old game like AC can do it so easily, It just puts it all in perspective. I defiantly wont be wasting my money on a PCars 2

Meanwhile I'll be in the Ferrari 458 GT2 setting laps on the real laser scanned Silverstone and Monza.

You probably worked between 1 and 12 hours to get those 800 hours of (mostly) fun. I would say you came out winning!

As for enjoying other games, it's the best thing that can happend to you really. Even if some may disagree, we live in a cool time to race virtual cars. pCars, AC, iracing, Dirt are all believable take at car racing.

But in the end, each game are only the representation of what a bunch of people trow together. They'll never be perfect. Some view it from an angle, other from another one.

Sometimes, trying other sim can also make you like a previous on more. Always try more, not less! :D

kevin kirk
21-07-2016, 02:17
isn't that just the evolution of racing games working? That's what you want to happin, and you should be concerned if that didnt happin. Game is good,next game that comes out better, that game is good, next game that comes out is better. Racing games are suppose to happin that way.

E_Luckow
21-07-2016, 02:18
Do you feel cheated? After 800h? Oh boy...never mind :p

kevin kirk
21-07-2016, 02:42

Meanwhile I'll be in the Ferrari 458 GT2 setting laps on the real laser scanned Silverstone and Monza......... Prehaps its good for you to give up playing project cars. With all the options that give the game a huge window for the player to make the gameplay change so differently according to how the games options and car setups are set to. If you have spent 800 hours playing it and havnt be able to dial in those option and car setups to make the game feel exactly how you want it to feel. Switching to another game sounds like a good idea for you.

Ryzza5
21-07-2016, 02:59
Thanks for stopping by to share your feedback.

lollygag
21-07-2016, 03:42

Good. Hopefully your AC laptimes will be better than the weak pCars laptimes you set.

CPU M Rossi
21-07-2016, 04:02
bye :cool:

Konan
21-07-2016, 04:16
It's ok to move on to another game...it's not ok to do so while dishing on the game you moved on from,when it's given you 800 hours of (fun) playtime...
You state you got your money's worth but on the other hand you feel cheated???
You could have just moved on...period.

PJB04
21-07-2016, 06:05
Good. Hopefully your AC laptimes will be better than the weak pCars laptimes you set.
Grow up.

Raymond de Vries
21-07-2016, 06:49
Thanks for buying the game stryker44! You gave us a lot more then 2 cents.
But if you are that physics (probably just mean YOUR ffb settings) minded, why did you just switched to AC? And spend 800 hours at pcars? Iracing is you game friend, you should really try that one! Good luck.

Raymond de Vries
21-07-2016, 06:58
:highly_amused:
Grow up.
Lollylag's signature says:Because I'm a Gentleman at least 5% of the time. ;)

FR-Alan
21-07-2016, 07:10
Hi all, this guy as the right to say what he wants. He maybe played 800h cause it s the lone game to start with he had. his view his for me and others more credible as yours and it s refreshing (because this guy has 0 interest on the product).
He feel cheated because for example, when you buy a PC, for the first time you trust people or professional for the material. You buy it and of course use it. But when you change by your own and realise that you could had better from the start, you feel cheated.
Thanks for the feed back stryker44.
Regards

Konan
21-07-2016, 07:31
Hi all, this guy as the right to say what he wants. He maybe played 800h cause it s the lone game to start with he had. his view his for me and others more credible as yours and it s refreshing (because this guy has 0 interest on the product).
He feel cheated because for example, when you buy a PC, for the first time you trust people or professional for the material. You buy it and of course use it. But when you change by your own and realise that you could had better from the start, you feel cheated.
Regards

FYI...i have no interest on the product either...
I agree,everyone has the right to an opinion but do not call his objective...an objective opinion about a game (or anything for that matter)should contain the good points as well as the bad...not the good points of one and the bad of another...
If he has moved on so be it...the reasons he has moved on may be legit in his view but not in everyone's
You can't expect to come with a thread like that and don't recieve criticism...this is after all the Pcars forum and his title alone could be considered offensive...
He had his two cents...replies were given...
No good can come from this so i'm closing it down...

Sankyo
21-07-2016, 09:53
Regards
People have the right to give feedback for sure. What the OP wrote wasn't feedback though, but a personal opinion. He likes the default FFB in AC better than in pCARS, and has his personal opinion on realistic physics. That's fine as an opinion, but hardly something that the devs will take in as feedback for improvement. Then he tops it off with accusing pCARS of being 'hyped' and that buying pCARS2 will be a waste of money for him.

Feedback is constructive even though it can be negative, but this was just a subjective rant.