PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] CSW v2 + BMW M3 GT 2 rim + PS4 + Project Cars

shoulderdoc
22-07-2016, 16:26
I just purchased Fanatec CSW v2 and BMW M3 GT2 rim, but could not get it working on Project Cars.

It's working fine on F1 2015, but "x" button isn't working to get it started.

I have updated to newest firmware(down loaded from Fanatec homepage).

CSW v2 + Porsche 918 RSR rim seem to work, but why not BMW M3 GT2?

Couuld anyone actually confirmed CSW v2 + BMW M3 GT 2 rim working on Project Cars?

Or is it the rim causing the problem?

GrimeyDog
22-07-2016, 19:57
The Buttons may have been remapped due to FW update... so the button your pushing on the BMW rim may have been X before but its changed....have you tried pushing all the buttons 1 at a time?

Stephen1300
23-07-2016, 02:02
Your title implies you are trying this on PS4 but your sig showes PC user. This wheel is for XBox or PC as the 918 (that I own) is for PS4.

shoulderdoc
23-07-2016, 06:21
Your title implies you are trying this on PS4 but your sig showes PC user. This wheel is for XBox or PC as the 918 (that I own) is for PS4.

Stephen 1300
I changed my sig to PS4. Thanks.
BMW M3 GT2 rim is also for PS3, PS4, and PC. It's working fine with F1 2015 on PS4.

shoulderdoc
23-07-2016, 06:23
The Buttons may have been remapped due to FW update... so the button your pushing on the BMW rim may have been X before but its changed....have you tried pushing all the buttons 1 at a time?

I have press all the buttoms 1 at a time, but still not working.

Rigth out of the box, the firmware version shown on the wheel was 172, but after upgrading to newer version(downloaded from fanatec homepage), it's showing 142. Have I down graded to older version?

shoulderdoc
23-07-2016, 08:22
I just update Pcars to 10.00 and BMW M3 GT2 Rim is working now.

Stephen1300
23-07-2016, 11:59
You are right, my mistake, sorry. I looked at the site and did not see a PS4 check mark but I guess they do not show it anymore since it is not present on the 918 wheel either. I should have looked further before answering, my bad. Happy to see its working now.

GrimeyDog
25-07-2016, 10:54
I have press all the buttoms 1 at a time, but still not working.

Rigth out of the box, the firmware version shown on the wheel was 172, but after upgrading to newer version(downloaded from fanatec homepage), it's showing 142. Have I down graded to older version?

Yes your on a Older Cersion of the FW... FW 142 is very Stable but i Recommend upgrading to the New 172 FW its

a tad bit better...You can also Follow link in My signature to My FFB thread... PDF posted on Front Page with FFB settings... Its almost 500 page of info!!! Take the short cut use the settings in the PDF and post questions if you have any....

Those settings were Made on PS4 using CSW v2 So its Not hit and Miss they are spot on...also very easy to adjust to your taste...Details are in the PDF. They will work with other systems and wheels but the Game Master FFB will Need adjustment for specific wheel used.

Haiden
25-07-2016, 11:27
Stephen 1300
I changed my sig to PS4. Thanks.
BMW M3 GT2 rim is also for PS3, PS4, and PC. It's working fine with F1 2015 on PS4.

You are right, my mistake, sorry. I looked at the site and did not see a PS4 check mark but I guess they do not show it anymore since it is not present on the 918 wheel either. I should have looked further before answering, my bad. Happy to see its working now.

Fanatec only recently took the PS4 compatibility off their website. The CSW-v2 works fine with current PS4 games (and is supposed to work with Assetto Corsa). Sony forced them to remove the PS4 logo, because, technically, the wheel isn't compatible, but developers were building support for it into their games anyway. This is why the wheel works in game, but you have to use the PS4 controller when in the PS dashboard.

Shoulderdoc - If you haven't already, check out this site for global settings for your CSW-v2.

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse