PDA

View Full Version : Rain

Onikami
29-07-2016, 15:45
Racing on rain may it be heavy or light seems to punish players. I raced with AI on solo race weekend and they seemed not affected by the rain at high speed when we are racing side by side. Please fix this...

Konan
29-07-2016, 16:21
They are indeed stronger...but still beatable though...

Siberian Tiger
29-07-2016, 16:22
The AI is affected when it rains, but i agree the are sometimes a bit to good in the Rain.
(For Races with Rain, just reduce the AI Strenght ;) )

Ninjiad:// by Konan

Bealdor
29-07-2016, 20:59
The AI is affected when it rains, but i agree the are sometimes a bit to good in the Rain.
(For Races with Rain, just reduce the AI Strenght ;) )

Ninjiad:// by Konan

I disagree with this. IMO the main reason why the AI seems to be better in rainy conditions is simply because the player does 90% of his practice time in dry conditions. Put the same amount of time into rainy conditions practice and you'll close the gap again.

Konan
29-07-2016, 21:09
I disagree with this. IMO the main reason why the AI seems to be better in rainy conditions is simply because the player does 90% of his practice time in dry conditions. Put the same amount of time into rainy conditions practice and you'll close the gap again.

...good point...:cool:

Onikami
03-08-2016, 14:47
Do you notice if it announced that it will rain: 1 lap of the rain if your on the track: 2 lapbyul will feel the slippery road... Do AI pit for wet tires after that lap or before?

Ill was racing in dynamic weather settings. Like 4 weather in one race.

Konan
03-08-2016, 15:04
The AI usually comes in before it starts raining...that's when i know it's going to rain (i don't always look at the forecast during a race)

Onikami
12-08-2016, 23:45
The AI usually comes in before it starts raining...that's when i know it's going to rain (i don't always look at the forecast during a race)

So the pit crew or race engineer's forecast is inaccurate or late...:(

Konan
13-08-2016, 06:34
So the pit crew or race engineer's forecast is inaccurate or late...:(

Actually it's more the other way around...the AI acts a bit early...the forecast is right but the AI seems to know the exact moment when it will start raining...

antonpaco
13-08-2016, 12:47
Personally I have a lot of problems on rain, is very hard to control the cars, AI vehicles go like a train.

Konan
13-08-2016, 13:33
Personally I have a lot of problems on rain, is very hard to control the cars, AI vehicles go like a train.

That just takes some practice...i admit they seem to drive better in the rain but it's still doable...

Siberian Tiger
13-08-2016, 13:47
Number One Rule in the Rain. Try to act as smooth as you can ;)

Last Week i did some Full Race Weekends on Rainy Conditions in pCars, and you can gain a lot of Time if you Practice as hard as you would in Dry Conditions :)

hkraft300
14-08-2016, 04:30
Wet tyres still have a lot of grip in formula and LMP cars. Like you can almost full throttle out of 1st gear corners. It's only really storm conditions you have to be super careful.
Drop tyre pressures to keep the wet tyres hot.
That said, the TS040 in rain is Suicide. I find it worse than the Lotus 98T.

Bealdor
14-08-2016, 10:26
Number One Rule in the Rain. Try to act as smooth as you can ;)

Last Week i did some Full Race Weekends on Rainy Conditions in pCars, and you can gain a lot of Time if you Practice as hard as you would in Dry Conditions :)

Told ya! (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48284-Rain&p=1297211&viewfull=1#post1297211) :D

Siberian Tiger
14-08-2016, 10:44
Yupp... That did gave me the shoot to train a bit more in Rain Sessions :) Thanks!

Rambo_Commando
15-08-2016, 18:44
The only issue I have with the rain is as Konan states. They tend to pit for wets at the first sign of a rain drop. I usually pit when the droplets begin to bead on my screen, around a lap or two after the AI.

Fanapryde
16-08-2016, 06:15
The only issue I have with the rain is as Konan states. They tend to pit for wets at the first sign of a rain drop. I usually pit when the droplets begin to bead on my screen, around a lap or two after the AI.
I learned to check the forecast each time the sky starts to look darker. Hit the pause button and the forecast shows on the top right of your screen. If you don't compress the races, you can fully thrust the forecast. Worst I had was that it started raining just a few corners before I reached the pits. At that moment you have to rely on luck, because it could very well be that while entering the pits you get the BOX OCCUPIED message ... :mad:
(The Stig is not to be thrusted as far as forecasts go) :rolleyes:

Konan
16-08-2016, 08:56
Agreed...i don't know on pc but on PS4 the game actually has to be paused in orther to do that...which takes away a chunk of the immersion imo...

Fanapryde
16-08-2016, 09:24
Agreed...i don't know on pc but on PS4 the game actually has to be paused in orther to do that...which takes away a chunk of the immersion imo...
I can confirm it works the same way on PC.
And yes, it takes away from immersion. There should be a (removable) overlay fior the forecast imo...

Konan
16-08-2016, 09:43
...or,a reliable pit engineer...:cool:

Fanapryde
16-08-2016, 09:53
...or,a reliable pit engineer...:cool:
I like Stigs voice though... He keeps surprising me in his comments...;)

Konan
16-08-2016, 09:56
Yeah...actually he should have a more reliable spotter...it's not his fault he gives the wrong/no information...lol

Roger Prynne
16-08-2016, 10:11
I like Stigs voice though... He keeps surprising me in his comments...;)

I think mr_belowski sounds better in Crew Chief to be honest.

TerminatorGR
18-08-2016, 07:58
When light rain begins you should pit at least two laps after you see the first droplets. The AI pit early without problems but if you do your tires will be fried because the track is not wet enough. If it's normal rain or heavier you should pit as soon as you see the first droplets, because it starts to pour immediately.

Haiden
18-08-2016, 18:18
I think mr_belowski sounds better in Crew Chief to be honest.

I agree. He's way better, sounds more realistic. SMS should hire him to voice-over PCars2, or buy that app out right.