PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Constantly getting disconnected, sent to "race central"

hamp
08-08-2016, 00:52
Hi, I'm playing project cars on a PC, bought in last two months, an ASUS g11, so it's up-to-date technology. However, if I try to race online, I almost always have the race cut short when I get the message "returning you to race central" then I am dropped from the room and can't find it on the list to get back in. If I can't race online, this game is almost worthless. What's the cause? How do I solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Jan Studenski
08-08-2016, 00:58
Hi, I'm playing project cars on a PC, bought in last two months, an ASUS g11, so it's up-to-date technology. However, if I try to race online, I almost always have the race cut short when I get the message "returning you to race central" then I am dropped from the room and can't find it on the list to get back in. If I can't race online, this game is almost worthless. What's the cause? How do I solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

No other games have this problem?

What connection type are you trying? WLAN? LAN? 3G / 4G? Satelite?

hamp
08-08-2016, 01:25
No other games have this problem?

What connection type are you trying? WLAN? LAN? 3G / 4G? Satelite?

Comcast 4G but wifi through a router. Would this not happen if it was wired? And at the moment, I have no other games. I bought PC to race cars.

Jan Studenski
08-08-2016, 02:24
Comcast 4G but wifi through a router. Would this not happen if it was wired? And at the moment, I have no other games. I bought PC to race cars.

Try out wired plz and then come back

Wifi is absolutely not recommended in gaming. Even 4G (mobile phone connection) is better. Best is wired connection by far.

hamp
08-08-2016, 23:40
Try out wired plz and then come back

Wifi is absolutely not recommended in gaming. Even 4G (mobile phone connection) is better. Best is wired connection by far.

I wired the PC directly to the comcast modem today and it worked like a charm. No wifi. Raced several times and not one disconnect. Thanks.