PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G29 Force feedback

Alex1996
08-08-2016, 10:44
Hi,
I've just sold my Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE to buy a Logitech G29. I have to say that I prefer a strong wheel than a weaker one, so I pretty liked the T300. However I bought the G29 and I tried it, and after many laps with different cars and I'm very disappointed. With "classic" settings, the force feedback is really weak, and I don't feel satisfactory variations of weight balance in turning; while with "default" settings the feedback is stronger, but I have problems of clipping, so when I'm turning the wheel I just feel a constant resistance so I can't fell for example when I'm hitting curbs or when I'm going outside the track. I'd be very happy if someone knew any setting of the force feedback that is strong enough but also precise (without clipping).
Thank you very much!

Roger Prynne
08-08-2016, 10:59
This is the thread you want then..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings

Alex1996
08-08-2016, 13:00
This is the thread you want then..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings

Thank you. I opened this topic because I thought it was a different matter for PS4 users.

John Hargreaves
08-08-2016, 14:03
Quick fix worth a try, on the FFB settings tab, start with classic and move the bottom number (multiplier I think it is) from 1 to about 1.3, it will just boost overall forces without too much clipping.

Alex1996
08-08-2016, 16:32
Quick fix worth a try, on the FFB settings tab, start with classic and move the bottom number (multiplier I think it is) from 1 to about 1.3, it will just boost overall forces without too much clipping.

I think you mean the "steering gain". I have already tried it, the situation is a little bit better, but the FFB still isn't great. However, thank you for the advice. What about modifying "soft clipping" options?

John Hargreaves
08-08-2016, 19:40
Yeah that's the one, it's a while since I last tinkered around with those settings. In the past I've tried quite a few of the recommended tweaks, and personally, although things improved, it wasn't ever dramatically better than default for me. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, just read through those threads on FFB and you'll probably get a feel for what settings do what, and what to alter to get what you're looking for.
As I said, my suggestion was a very quick fix in case you didn't fancy learning the dark art of FFB.
If it's any consolation, PC2 FFB is already better imo, so they are heading in the right direction.

Alex1996
08-08-2016, 22:40
If it's any consolation, PC2 FFB is already better imo, so they are heading in the right direction.

Wow! I'm really looking forward to playing it!
Thank you so much, I will try to understand something more about FFB. I really like Project CARS, it's a pity to have these problems...