PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback - Curb Jolt?

DMackVB757
08-08-2016, 11:42
How do I tune the force feedback so I can feel the curbs when I hit them? I recall gran turismo was good at this. Also would like it to feel loose if i run onto grass, etc.

Roger Prynne
08-08-2016, 12:32
Depends on what wheel you use and what your FFB settings are.
A lot more information would really help with a question like this (were not mind readers) :confused:

DMackVB757
08-08-2016, 12:36
Logitech driving force GT. Settings are all default except master scale, Fx, Fy, Fz are all full force, steering deadband = 1, Speed sensitivity = 25.

Siberian Tiger
08-08-2016, 12:40
If you would like to Feel more Curbs you can try to Up the Fy Forces in the Car Setup (under FFB)...

It's the Force that do gain Vertical Forces. (Curbs)

Also do a read here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&highlight=FFB+Forces

DMackVB757
08-08-2016, 13:10
Fy is full force as previously indicated.

Siberian Tiger
08-08-2016, 13:23
Sorry...

Master Scale also Full? then you can't feel anything than a really Stiff Wheel...

Turn the Masterscale down ;) And also do not up everything to 100... It's a mix of everything...

Since you are on PC try the FFB Setting from Jack Spade. (He has a +Bump Configuration) - Ready to use for all Cars...

Read trough the Thread i linked... FFB Settings are really Great, but also not easy ;)

Mahjik
08-08-2016, 13:31
If you are using the PC version, download Jack's files and try some of his tweak files.

John Hargreaves
08-08-2016, 13:47
How do I tune the force feedback so I can feel the curbs when I hit them? I recall gran turismo was good at this. Also would like it to feel loose if i run onto grass, etc.

Only the kerbs with a 3D shape will give any feedback, because pCars FFB is only generated from the forces hitting the wheels. However, some of the flat painted kerbs generate a rumble sound, which makes you expect a rumble through the wheel, but it won't happen. Some games, like Assetto Corsa, GT and others, use canned effects in addition to the physics so that a road texture or kerb will always cause a feeling through the wheel, but canned effects were removed from pCars before release to concentrate on that 'pure physics' feedback.
So the tips above can increase the kerb rumble, but won't add it if it's not there.
It's fun and rewarding to tinker with FFB if you like that sort of thing, and you can definitely alter how the wheel feels, but personally I got bored with all that and stick to defaults these days and I'm quite happy.

DMackVB757
08-08-2016, 14:02
Good stuff, thanks guys, i will do some reading and check out those files.

Haiden
08-08-2016, 14:38
Fy is actually the lateral forces. And they are very strong. If you're running Fy at full force, then you're probably losing a lot of detail. I think (I'm not at home) that Fz is actually the scale for vertical forces. But it seems to be dependent on other scales, like Fy. Try boosting Fz.

poirqc
09-08-2016, 01:53
Fy is actually the lateral forces. And they are very strong. If you're running Fy at full force, then you're probably losing a lot of detail. I think (I'm not at home) that Fz is actually the scale for vertical forces. But it seems to be dependent on other scales, like Fy. Try boosting Fz.

Indeed, Fz are the vertical one. There's something else to keep in mind. When clipping is ruled out, the default FFB doesn't include signal from the rear wheels. Depending on where you drive, you may touch the curbs with your rear wheel sometimes.

Jack Spades files, beside being carefully tweaked, include SoP signal. It's basically vertical and side load from the rear wheels physics. They're worth a shot, really! There's a bunch of FFB info in my signature also.

With that said, if you keep the car FFB to it's default state, you could just play with the global settings and end up with something great also. The classic FFB template, with in game FFB set to 100% is alot better now. It's worth a shot.

John Hargreaves
09-08-2016, 08:11
With that said, if you keep the car FFB to it's default state, you could just play with the global settings and end up with something great also. The classic FFB template, with in game FFB set to 100% is alot better now. It's worth a shot.

I agree, I think there has been a bit of FFB development going on behind the scenes since release and it does seem better to me. I might be totally wrong here as I've never seen anything in the notes, but it does feel alright these days.

eiwhatsup
09-08-2016, 13:03
It's fun and rewarding to tinker with FFB if you like that sort of thing, and you can definitely alter how the wheel feels, but personally I got bored with all that and stick to defaults these days and I'm quite happy.Same here. Just go standard settings reducing tyre force to 60 or so (if you are on good wheels like the t300 or t500), and that is all

RomKnight
09-08-2016, 13:46
I always reduce Fy to 80 (ffb 100 tyreforce 65) and up Mz 110 in the car setup. And no FX smoothing (default is not 0)