PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] carsetup won't save

de paps
15-08-2016, 12:52
if i ajust a carsetup and save it ,i can't find it back . mij load setup is always empty ?? what am i doing wrong ?? mij platform is a ps 4

Sankyo
15-08-2016, 13:18
What steps do you take to save your set-up?

de paps
15-08-2016, 13:55
in de garage create new set-up , auto aanpassen , save kruisje ,circuits rechter flipper ,circuits, selecteren ,komt er een v achter ,vierkant voor save .het save pijltje in de hoek verschiend . op het beeldscherm wordt load set-up geselecteerd en als ik deze pak met kruisje behoord het geselecteerde circuit er toch te staan ???

Konan
15-08-2016, 15:11
Sorry but only in English please...
Or,should i translate for you?

Konan
15-08-2016, 15:17
Translation:In the garage create new setup,change settings,x to save,circuits R1 or 2 (he didn't specify),circuits select....,a "v" appears,square to save,save arrow appears in the corner,load setup is selected but when pushing x nothing happens...
That's about it...sorry i can't help but i have never changed/saved a setup...

de paps
15-08-2016, 16:55
thank you for translating

Konan
15-08-2016, 16:57
You're welcome mate...let's just hope you get your answer...:cool:

Konan
15-08-2016, 17:23
Maybe this will help?
It's for pc but the principle is the same...you might want to check out the rest of the thread too...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48198-RESOLVED-Not-understanding-saving-setups&p=1295712&viewfull=1#post1295712

de paps
15-08-2016, 19:03
i tried that but it do's not work . no saved circiuts noting . reinstall the game ?

Konan
15-08-2016, 19:04
You could try that...

Konan
15-08-2016, 19:08
Did you look at this?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48198-RESOLVED-Not-understanding-saving-setups&p=1295915&viewfull=1#post1295915

de paps
16-08-2016, 07:46
try it al and i instald it new . no diferents . it wil not save a car set-up . what am i doing wrong ??

Konan
16-08-2016, 08:01
I'll give it a try myself and get back to you as soon as possible...

Konan
16-08-2016, 08:49
Did you delete your save data too?
I'm in the process of re-installing everything :( right now...this could take some time though...

de paps
16-08-2016, 09:28
the save data i dit not delete .it is in the cloud i think

Roger Prynne
16-08-2016, 09:31
No it's not in the cloud, it's here....

Wherever Steam is installed\Steam\userdata\<your Steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

Konan
16-08-2016, 09:35
Ok...good news and bad news...the bad news is you really have to delete everything but the good news is everything is working fine after that...:cool:
Don't forget to reset everything like you want it in the options menu before you start racing and remember the first time you restart the game it's quite possible the majority of features is still locked...don't panic,that just means the game hasn't fully downloaded yet...
(Takes about an hour on PS4 as i just found out :rolleyes:)

Roger Prynne
16-08-2016, 10:09
No it's not in the cloud, it's here....

Wherever Steam is installed\Steam\userdata\<your Steam ID>\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav

Ah damn... didn't realize you was on PS4!!
Can you change your platform to reflect this please.

Konan
16-08-2016, 10:21
With me it was in "instellingen"
"Beheer van opgeslagen applicatiedata" so delete Pcars
Then go to "systeemopslagbeheer" and delete everything there too...(only Pcars offcourse)
Sorry for the Dutch guys but it makes it easier for the OP...
In English: go to settings -> saved app data -> remove Pcars
Then go to the one right underneath (don't know the term in English) and delete everything Pcars related...
Re-install...wait...done!

Konan
16-08-2016, 10:22
Ah damn... didn't realize you was on PS4!!
Can you change your platform to reflect this please.

Sorry not to mention that but i actually forgot he was on PS4 until you mentioned it....:cool:

de paps
16-08-2016, 11:00
okee . i have it al deleted from the ps4 . clean up the hd drive . now a new install and hope for the best .

Konan
16-08-2016, 11:10
It worked for me so...

Konan
16-08-2016, 12:19
...so...any news?

cmch15
16-08-2016, 12:30
I enter my setups in the pit garage at the track rather than from My Garage in the menus as it's less complicated. It means you have to enter the settings when you get to each track but I have had problems before where if you save a setup across all tracks through My Garage, it doesn't keep track specific changes you make in the pit garage.

de paps
16-08-2016, 13:15
it workt for me ,GAME ON . thanks for the support .now i hope career mode progres is saved in the cloud ?

Konan
16-08-2016, 13:18
...i wouldn't know...only one way to find out though...GO RACE! :cool:

Ronnie Peterson
14-10-2016, 08:43
i tried that but it do's not work . no saved circiuts noting . reinstall the game ?

You cannot create and save multiple car setups for each car at each track. The developers do not think this is necessary or required for a racing game. Mad I know but they insist every other racing game that allows you to do this is wrong. Might I suggest you try an old game like Grand Prix Legends from 1998 or Codemasters F1 2016. They are a lot of fun and yes you guessed it it they allow you to create and save multiple setups for each track.

Sankyo
14-10-2016, 09:12
You cannot create and save multiple car setups for each car at each track.
Correct.

The developers do not think this is necessary or required for a racing game.
Not correct. It was not implemented for technical reasons, not because they're not aware that a racing game needs it.

Mad I know but they insist every other racing game that allows you to do this is wrong.
That's something you made up yourself as no SMS dev ever stated such a thing, have an infraction for accusing the devs of such nonsense on their own forum.

Might I suggest you try an old game like Grand Prix Legends from 1998 or Codemasters F1 2016. They are a lot of fun and yes you guessed it it they allow you to create and save multiple setups for each track.
Or GTR2, made by SMS. Which shows how wrong the statements above are.
Still, working around the set-up issue is possible and the game can still be enjoyed with it.

Ronnie Peterson
16-10-2016, 07:11
Dear Ronnie Peterson,

You have received an infraction at Project CARS Official Forum.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Posting insults towards the devs on their own forum isn't really appreciated. Next time you're out.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

In response to the above

I'm not saying it is but some people might think this is a threat or warning not to discuss this topic. However,

What technical reasons? Have they been resolved for Project Cars 2?

Why then have a set of default setups for at least different weather conditions not been provided IN GAME when it was launched or at least in a patch since its release?

How do I work around the set up issue for each car at each track for every type of weather condition and race strategy without the aid of pen and paper?

I apologise if the developers think I was questioning their sanity but most people would agree this game needs a car set up create/save menu and that remaining silent on this issue when so many people have been asking for this here and elsewhere is simply unacceptable.

Konan
16-10-2016, 08:43
remaining silent on this issue when so many people have been asking for this here and elsewhere is simply unacceptable.

You're kidding right :confused:
There are multiple threads about this in which answers were given...may i suggest you use the "search" option more often?
In case you don't want to: it was discussed amongst WMD members but due to technical issues was not implemented in the game...you can question these technical issues but that doesn't change the fact they were/are present and couldn't/can't be resolved for Pcars1...
Nothing to do with SMS's unwillingness to not incorporate multiple setups in this game...

Sankyo
16-10-2016, 16:52
I'm not saying it is but some people might think this is a threat or warning not to discuss this topic.
It's not, it's a warning to discuss the topic in a decent manner without throwing insults.

However, What technical reasons? Have they been resolved for Project Cars 2?
IIRC it was caused by how consoles handle savegames. Yes, it will be possible in pCARS2 AFAIK, also on console.

Why then have a set of default setups for at least different weather conditions not been provided IN GAME when it was launched or at least in a patch since its release?
Probably because multiple set-ups for the same track are not possible and hence also not for different weather types.

How do I work around the set up issue for each car at each track for every type of weather condition and race strategy without the aid of pen and paper?
You could also use the site mentioned here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups).

I apologise if the developers think I was questioning their sanity but most people would agree this game needs a car set up create/save menu
The developers agree, too.

and that remaining silent on this issue when so many people have been asking for this here and elsewhere is simply unacceptable.
As Konan stated, it has been discussed before and answers have been given.

Konan
16-10-2016, 16:59
...since the original issue of this thread was resolved and to avoid further abuse of it,i'm closing this...