PDA

View Full Version : [workaround]Disapointed with AI

PatrickRosa
27-08-2016, 23:19
I'm really disapointed with the AI from Project Cars.

I was reading here at this forum about the AI from PCars, and noticed that has a lot of pilots that don't like the AI behaviour, and today i feel what it means.

I was racing an endurance at Barcelona Catalunya. A 4 hour racing, taking turns with the AI, 40 min to each. AI cutted the track soooo many times that we was declassified!
My questions are:
Why have this punishment just for me?
Why the other AI cars don't be declassified too? They cut the track all the time!
And about the blue flag? Why a backmarker try to passe me at slow corners?

Dear developers, is there a patch coming out to fix those problems? Are you guys working at this issue? Or we have to whait more one and a half year to PCars2???

Patrick

IrideGravity
04-09-2016, 17:43
I'm really disapointed with the AI from Project Cars.

I was reading here at this forum about the AI from PCars, and noticed that has a lot of pilots that don't like the AI behaviour, and today i feel what it means.

I was racing an endurance at Barcelona Catalunya. A 4 hour racing, taking turns with the AI, 40 min to each. AI cutted the track soooo many times that we was declassified!
My questions are:
Why have this punishment just for me?
Why the other AI cars don't be declassified too? They cut the track all the time!
And about the blue flag? Why a backmarker try to passe me at slow corners?

Dear developers, is there a patch coming out to fix those problems? Are you guys working at this issue? Or we have to whait more one and a half year to PCars2???

Patrick

It doesn't do a lot of good to complain about the AI.
If you have a good clip. Post it.
But most people don't include clips because they generally demonstrate that it's the players fault.
Rarely ever see a video with legit AI mistakes. They take different lines some places and are unholy fast under braking because they have ABS or Stability Ckntrol. But beyond that, they are pretty fair. To be honest. It's on you to be the better driver and avoid them and the repetitive mistakes they make.
Most people who diss them never include a video to show their own mistakes.
But maybe try explaining the corners where your mixing it up with them and how. Instead of a blanket statement that it's their fault, not yours. Because it's likely yours for putting them in positions that force them to find a short cut around you.
AI does it all the time when being blocked.

Edit:
By the way. If your being caught from behind by back markers? Kind of says your playing with the difficulty too high and the AI are faster than you.

Schnizz58
05-09-2016, 00:29
Did you read his post? He said his car was DQ'ed because the AI driver cut too many corners. How could that be his fault when he wasn't even in the car?

Konan
05-09-2016, 05:41
Did you read his post? He said his car was DQ'ed because the AI driver cut too many corners. How could that be his fault when he wasn't even in the car?

Right...i missed that one...:rolleyes:
It is indeed strange that the AI driver has the same behaviour than the other AI but gets the same penalty as a real driver...i haven't encountered this myself,anyone else have this issue?

hkraft300
05-09-2016, 07:25
I've read of this problem with many guys doing endurance races with AI "co-driver".
The work around is turning penalties: off.
Penalties are only really needed in MP and TT

Fanapryde
05-09-2016, 07:31
I've read of this problem with many guys doing endurance races with AI "co-driver".

Me being one of them. I reported this several times, don't know if changes are made, but it is the only reason I disable flags and penalties in endurance races. B-spec Bob managed to get us DSQ'd so many times, that there was not other way.

hkraft300
05-09-2016, 07:39
May have been your old post I'm referring to :)
is it a big deal losing flag warnings when penalties are off?

Fanapryde
05-09-2016, 07:45
May have been your old post I'm referring to :)
is it a big deal losing flag warnings when penalties are off?
I don't really miss them, AI does not seem to pay much attention for the flags anyway...:D

Edit, just realized this is the PS4 forum, but anyway, I seems te be the same on both platforms. I had it happen when I switched from PS4 to PC.

Haiden
05-09-2016, 13:42
My biggest, and pretty much only, problem with the AI is the blatant track cutting. There's no need to post a video of that, because it's well known AI behavior. They are ridiculous at that. And it really ruins the race when you work hard to make a clean pass and then they just run off track to maintain position. Hopefully, that fixed in PCars2

Schnizz58
05-09-2016, 15:34

The root cause is that the AI cut corners. SMS have refused to address that problem all along and this workaround doesn't address it either.

(I don't mean that as a criticism of your workaround hkraft. It does indeed prevent you from getting DQ'ed. I just never understood what purpose it serves to allow the AI to drive anywhere they want AND not be penalized for it.)

hkraft300
05-09-2016, 15:48
Some say, the AI is so real they get butthurt when you pass them, so they cut track to regain position...
;)

No, the work-around is just a work-around. Doesn't fix the AI but it doesn't get your co-driver DQ either.
Like a tampon: doesn't stop the mood-swings, but it doesn't ruin her dress.

IrideGravity
05-09-2016, 17:58
My biggest, and pretty much only, problem with the AI is the blatant track cutting. There's no need to post a video of that, because it's well known AI behavior. They are ridiculous at that. And it really ruins the race when you work hard to make a clean pass and then they just run off track to maintain position. Hopefully, that fixed in PCars2

Only time I've seen this is in videos when a player is driving a much slower line under braking and the AI isn't left with a lot of other options.
Never really notice them doing it to each other in my replays.
If I remember right. Your AI partner puts in laps similar to yours. If the AI is too low, your AI partner will be forced to cut track to get around them. Happened to me in the mclaren F1 three hour endurance event when using b spec bob.
Just finished a season of gt5 in the ginetta at max difficulty. Didn't see a single corner cut. And only got wacked around by the AI a handful of times. Only had my race wrecked requiring a restart once or twice that was their fault.
They are pretty good at racing with a little rubbing in this class. Open wheel is a different story. Those cars don't tolerate the way the AI makes contact and can be frustrating at times.

Fanapryde
05-09-2016, 18:56
If I remember right. Your AI partner puts in laps similar to yours. If the AI is too low, your AI partner will be forced to cut track to get around them.
Not what I have experienced. I have AI at 100% and my BSpecBob laps (depending on track and conditions) several seconds slower. He usually manages to keep position while driving, but loses time while pitting too early for fuel, each time.

Konan
05-09-2016, 19:24
I'm watching mine right now and he's doing his best (3 overtakes) but is noticeably slower than myself (not showing off :rolleyes: )
Well now...he's overtaken another one...i guess i'll prolong his contract...lol

Haiden
05-09-2016, 23:25
Only time I've seen this is in videos when a player is driving a much slower line under braking and the AI isn't left with a lot of other options.
Never really notice them doing it to each other in my replays.
If I remember right. Your AI partner puts in laps similar to yours. If the AI is too low, your AI partner will be forced to cut track to get around them. Happened to me in the mclaren F1 three hour endurance event when using b spec bob.
Just finished a season of gt5 in the ginetta at max difficulty. Didn't see a single corner cut. And only got wacked around by the AI a handful of times. Only had my race wrecked requiring a restart once or twice that was their fault.
They are pretty good at racing with a little rubbing in this class. Open wheel is a different story. Those cars don't tolerate the way the AI makes contact and can be frustrating at times.

I wasn't talking about an AI co-driver. I was talking about the AI opponents. When I was on console, they did it all the time, and it had nothing to do with driving a slow line. I'd make a clean overtake, and then next I knew they'd zip by on the grass, like a Forza Drivavatar. I haven't see it happen since I've been on PC, but I also haven't done much single player in PCars since I switched.

IrideGravity
06-09-2016, 05:32
Not what I have experienced. I have AI at 100% and my BSpecBob laps (depending on track and conditions) several seconds slower. He usually manages to keep position while driving, but loses time while pitting too early for fuel, each time.

Which class of car in what competition?
Makes sense though. AI can't exceed 100% if you're fAster than them.
I assume your b spec driver puts 100% times in comparable with everyone other AI right?
I have noticed some categories where 100% is a lot easier or harder to keep up with than others.
My b spec driver did use considerably more fuel than I do pitting early as well. At about the same pace. Slightly slower, but struggled to make passes.
It is the 3 hour mclaren F1 event at Zolder though. So it's pretty technical and hard at
At 90% for that one
I use a baseline setub. No setup changes other than slight tire pressure change, and dialing down the brake mapping.

Fanapryde
06-09-2016, 07:30
Which class of car in what competition?
Makes sense though. AI can't exceed 100% if you're fAster than them.
I assume your b spec driver puts 100% times in comparable with everyone other AI right?
I have noticed some categories where 100% is a lot easier or harder to keep up with than others.
My b spec driver did use considerably more fuel than I do pitting early as well. At about the same pace. Slightly slower, but struggled to make passes.
It is the 3 hour mclaren F1 event at Zolder though. So it's pretty technical and hard at
At 90% for that one
I use a baseline setub. No setup changes other than slight tire pressure change, and dialing down the brake mapping.
Mainly the 12 and 24/25 hrs endurance races (any class/car).
For "shorter" races I don't switch drivers.
It is a fact that AI at the same level is not consistent troughout the game. Some track/car combinations make it nearly impossible for me to keep up with AI at 100%, and in most combinations I beat them by miles/laps.
Mostly my cars are tuned and I wonder if BspecBob uses the same tune, or uses his own/stock ? Which would explain why he is slower...?
Anyway, he does overtake other cars, but it takes him MUCH longer than needed. I watched him drive the Audi R8 LMS Ultra for half an hour or so during the Green Hell Madness. He needed at least 4 or 5 corners more than I did to make an overtake stick...
For the record, I have not actually seen him cut corners, with or without having flags & penalties disabled, but when I started these endurance races with his help (on PS4) he must have since we were DSQ'd. Utnil I got ged up with this and disabled the f & p. When I moved to PC I kept them disabled too, since I needed to go through the whole career/invitational stuff all over.