PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] I haven't understood everything

Corylus
01-09-2016, 16:22
Hi everyone,

I've seen in the Schedule section of this PCars website that there is an event every weekend.

When I browsed today in the community racing menu, inside PCars, I could see that all the events were already finished.

So for example, tomorrow at the time of writing, there is LGCS Round 7 from Friday, sept. 2nd to Sunday, sept. 4th.

Will this event appear in the in-game menu, in community driving ?
And if the answer is yes, is it just a hotlap ladder ?

Sorry for asking these simple questions but I've just started playing PCars and I'm looking to understand how it works.

cluck
01-09-2016, 16:41
There have been various events running since the release of the game, but the main focus these days has been on the e-sports events (Logitech and NVidia series competitions - these are open for anybody to enter, by the way, you don't need to have signed up to take part :)) and other tie-ins to real-world events (not just racing but computer game-related events).

Corylus
01-09-2016, 16:56
There have been various events running since the release of the game, but the main focus these days has been on the e-sports events (Logitech and NVidia series competitions - these are open for anybody to enter, by the way, you don't need to have signed up to take part :)) and other tie-ins to real-world events (not just racing but computer game-related events).

Thank you for your answer. So I just take part in the event and my laptime will appear after a valid lap. Ok pretty simple :)

cluck
01-09-2016, 17:10
Thank you for your answer. So I just take part in the event and my laptime will appear after a valid lap. Ok pretty simple :)Yep, that's all there is to it.

If you're quick and you want to score points in the Logitech and/or NVidia competitions, you will also need to make sure you respect the track limits - at most of the tracks, it is possible to take 3 (or 4) wheels outside of the white lines at certain points, which would disqualify you from scoring any points. Bear in mind, however, the competition is nearing the end - there are only 4 rounds left in one, and 3 in the other.

Corylus
01-09-2016, 18:11
Yep, that's all there is to it.

If you're quick and you want to score points in the Logitech and/or NVidia competitions, you will also need to make sure you respect the track limits - at most of the tracks, it is possible to take 3 (or 4) wheels outside of the white lines at certain points, which would disqualify you from scoring any points. Bear in mind, however, the competition is nearing the end - there are only 4 rounds left in one, and 3 in the other.

I'm a pretty clean driver, don't worry :D It may happen sometimes that I go offroad but it only would be a mistake :)

Yeah I agree we are towards the end of the season. It's no big deal since I guess there will be a new season afterwards. So now is a good opportunity for scoring some points, just for fun.

Corylus
03-09-2016, 07:22
Pardon me again, but on the 5th of september, there is the LGCS Round 7 online qualifications. How many people can attend the online qualifications? The top 20 drivers for example? And at the end of the online qualifications, is there a race between the fastest drivers?

It doesn't concern me a lot because I'm far away from the top 20, but it's just for curiosity and later who knows.

cluck
03-09-2016, 07:26
The LGCS and NVCS competitions are open for everybody to take part in and are spread across 10 rounds. There are points awarded to the top-20 finishers, with prizes awarded at the end of the 10 rounds to the top-placed drivers and teams. There are separate 'divisions', split across the formats - one for PS4 and XBOXONE and one for PC.

If you want to take part, just enter the round and set a time :)