PDA

View Full Version : Is "Digital Edition" still worth buying?

LorisEndangered
03-09-2016, 15:20
Hi guys, I'm new here. :)

I wanto to try this game and I'd like to save 20 choosing the Digital Edition instead of the GOTY because I'm not so interested in having so much cars and contents.

But I've read that the GOTY also has a lot of patches that correct some bugs the game has always had.
Now, are these patches and "corrections" available in the Digital Edition also?

Is esentially the same game, is the difference just about cars and tracks? For example, can people with the "digital/standard edition" play against people with the "goty" edition in multiplayer?

I hope so...Thanks in advance! :D

Konan
03-09-2016, 16:20
The patches come automatically with every version as far as i know...it's like any game you buy afterwards on Ps4, you get every patch available with it...
As far as MP is concerned,i never play that but i'm sure someone who does will let you know...

LorisEndangered
03-09-2016, 17:49
yes, I definitely think you're right. and about the multiplayer, c'mon, would be so stupid to restrict the potential users for online gaming splitting them in two "twins but not compatible" games.

but I'd like to have a confirm, anyway...

Konan
03-09-2016, 17:52
Oh...i misunderstood...i thought you meant racing with cars you don't own yourself...i think there is no problem playing online when you own another version of the game...
Can anyone confirm this please?

Siberian Tiger
04-09-2016, 11:00
Digital Edition and GOTY can play together online no Problem...

You can also drive on DLC Tracks Online that you don't own...(But only if the Host is actually using a DLC Track...

You wil also see DLC Cars Online, but you can't choose them if you didnt bought them...

Konan
04-09-2016, 11:19
Digital Edition and GOTY can play together online no Problem...

You can also drive on DLC Tracks Online that you don't own...(But only if the Host is actually using a DLC Track...

You wil also see DLC Cars Online, but you can't choose them if you didnt bought them...

Thanks mate