PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Damage options in MP

Scott Coffey
06-09-2016, 18:17
I would like to know how the two options "Damage" and "Mechanical Failures" affect MP races. I did a search but only came up with this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29556-Damage-question&p=965266&viewfull=1#post965266) post.

Besides "Off" and "Visual only", the relevant "Damage" options are "Performance Impacting" and "Full". I would like to know the difference between the two.

For the "Mechanical Failures" option, it's either "On" or "Off". What does "Mechanical Failures" cover, and why is it a separate option from "Damage"? How does this affect the "Damage" option? If "Mechanical Failures" is set to "Off", does that negate/override the "Performance Impacting" or "Full" "Damage" option? If the "Damage" option is set to "Off", does it make any difference if "Mechanical Failures" is set to "Yes".

So if I want to set up a race that takes break wear, tire wear, engine wear, etc. into consideration, but I don't want a crash (suspension damage, missing wheel) to put someone out of commission, is there a combination of options that makes that possible?

lollygag
06-09-2016, 18:46
Ive found that "Mechanical Failures" is only engine damage caused by overheating... over-revving and constant pegging the limiter downshifting doesn't seem to cause any damage

or a reduction in power. Ive heard people say that soon after a crash, "Damage" will cause engine failure do to presumably radiator damage, but Ive never encountered it.

"Damage" to the body however, does lead to substantial reduction in laptimes

poirqc
06-09-2016, 19:07
Ive found that "Mechanical Failures" is only engine damage caused by overheating... over-revving and constant pegging the limiter downshifting doesn't seem to cause any damage

or a reduction in power. Ive heard people say that soon after a crash, "Damage" will cause engine failure do to presumably radiator damage, but Ive never encountered it.

I busted a Pro Car motor once when going from 4th to 3rd, full gaz, instead of 5th! :D

But granted, it doesn't happend often.

DerrellBiffle
07-09-2016, 00:36
Damage= body or shell of car because of contact. Will cause aero damage and reduce lap times
Mechanical=engine damage from over revving or from overheating. If severe enough will cause complete failure, but at a minimum it can result in reduced power.

And they are related in that if you damage the front of the car bad enough it can cause overheating. Just observations from my experience I am sure there is more.

Scott Coffey
07-09-2016, 12:05
Thanks for the answers. :)

F1_Racer68
07-09-2016, 12:21
The "damage" levels determine how significant the damage from contact with other cars or objects will be. The higher the setting, the bigger the negative impact on the car.

Mechanical damage determines wether or not you will experience the "random" mechanical failures. This includes (but is not limited to):

- brake failure due to overheating
- transmission failures due to abuse
- engine overheating due to radiator opening being too small or obstructed
- pit crew dropping the wheel nut during tire changes
- truly random failures such as electrical issues, gearbox issues, etc.

All of the above are confirmed from experience in our league races. There may be others, but these ones are known for certain.

flatspunout
08-09-2016, 08:26
So if I want to set up a race that takes break wear, tire wear, engine wear, etc. into consideration, but I don't want a crash (suspension damage, missing wheel) to put someone out of commission, is there a combination of options that makes that possible?

Tire Wear On, Fuel Usage On, Mechanical Failures On, Damage Performance Impacting is the combination for this. Hitting the wall or other cars causes damage but it will not be terminal.

Scott Coffey
08-09-2016, 23:33
Great answers. I knew you league guys would have the scoop. :)

bradleyland
09-09-2016, 17:36

Clearly you've not spent enough time crashing :D

Seriously though, I have (only once) smacked the wall hard enough to kill my engine. Something went janky with my controls, and I went straight in to the barrier at exit of Nouvelle. Engine stopped, wouldn't restart. Didn't really matter though, as the car was so damaged I wasn't going anywhere anyway.