PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Rift CV1. How to disable the sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Gambit74
11-09-2016, 15:42
Hi,
As the title subject says, how do I disable the sleep funtion in the CV1?
I play Project Cars with a m8, my m8 can't use the rift as it makes him ill... So what I do is pit, get him in the seat, put the rift on a level surface, cover the head sensor with a cloth, reset the view and my m8 drives using the TV that is infront of the racing seat. The problem comes when nobody touches the rift for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes of not physically moving the rift goes into a inactivity mode which kills all input to the game and my m8 crashes into whatever is infront of the car. Does anyone know if there is a line of code in a file somewhere that I can mod to disable the rift going to sleep?

John Hargreaves
11-09-2016, 21:10
Interesting problem that, I reckon the oculus reddit or the official oculus forum might be better places to get answers, as this must be something that would affect all games. If you get a solution do let us know here though, a it will be useful to know.

Gambit74
11-09-2016, 21:43
If you get a solution do let us know here though, a it will be useful to know.

Will do.

RaceNut
21-09-2016, 20:19
The dis-connects are not a rare issue among Rift users - especially since recent Windows and Oculus updates. There are several related threads in the Oculus forums and solutions are kind of all over the board without much consistency. Some have tried changing USB drivers, some have tried re-installing the OS and all programs, some have re-arranged hardware config's, USB connections, etc., and the results still don't suggest any broad common solution at this point. Possible EMI issues are even being considered by some, as well as faulty hardware (CV1) in some cases.

Oculus has released a couple of small updates in an attempt to get more information and test some possible fixes but, I haven't heard about any real solution thus far. If you are still having issues, it's recommended that you provide error logs to Oculus so they can gather more information.

Gambit74
02-10-2016, 14:45
The dis-connects are not a rare issue among Rift users - especially since recent Windows and Oculus updates. There are several related threads in the Oculus forums and solutions are kind of all over the board without much consistency. Some have tried changing USB drivers, some have tried re-installing the OS and all programs, some have re-arranged hardware config's, USB connections, etc., and the results still don't suggest any broad common solution at this point. Possible EMI issues are even being considered by some, as well as faulty hardware (CV1) in some cases.

Oculus has released a couple of small updates in an attempt to get more information and test some possible fixes but, I haven't heard about any real solution thus far. If you are still having issues, it's recommended that you provide error logs to Oculus so they can gather more information.

The Rift is not faulty, by default the Rift cuts signal to the lenses even if it is on a head, if the head doesn't move for 10 minutes.

Gambit74
20-11-2016, 14:15
Update:

There seems to have been a change to the original issue. Now when the rift goes into sleep mode the whole game pauses, no menu pop up it just pauses until you move the rift. Fantastic! This is easily manageable.... However, this has triggered a new issue :( If I pause the game(press escape), remove the rift and put it back on, the game instantly resumes with the menu still on the screen.

Fix 1, break 1. :(

(played through Steam VR)