PDA

View Full Version : TX Racing Wheel Servo Base what add on wheel?

Honkey
18-09-2016, 03:12
trying to decide on what add on wheel

thoughts

thanks

bradleyland
18-09-2016, 03:45
I love the Ferrari Alcantara wheel that came with my T300RS bundle. It's larger diameter than the base wheel, and it really adds to the feel. Most wheels for TX are 28 cm. It's only about an inch larger, but IMO, it makes a difference. I love the feel of the Alcantara too. You just have to clean it regularly to keep it from getting grungy. I just use a wet cloth. Alcantara looks delicate, but it is surprisingly durable.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/599xx-evo-30-wheel-add-alcantara-edition

Robhd
18-09-2016, 07:03
I bought the TM rim and have never regretted it... In fact i haven't ever put the original rim back on again. I bought mine before the Ferrari rim was launched but i am an old codger... You can't beat the feel and whiff of real leather... Ooh..er...missus!

antonpaco
18-09-2016, 08:58
I am using T300RS and F1 add on, they are perfect, also the Alcantara edition is a very good wheel, I tested at friend home. Anyway a very great steering wheel (thrustmaster) is coming out at the end of the year, the name is GT sport wheel.

Honkey
18-09-2016, 09:21
im liking this Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Add-On, Alcantara Edition. it bigger the 11in wheel on the t150 just seems wierd . i can hardly keep a car on the road yet. but my hands and arms seem to get tied up with the little wheel.

i cant believe the difference in fun with a wheel pedals and trying to shift gears fun fun

satco1066
19-09-2016, 21:47
if you don't need it for XBox one, buy a TM300 Alcantara Edition Bundle. That's cheaper than starting with a base.

Schnizz58
19-09-2016, 21:54
I will also put in a vote for the 599xx Alcantara rim. I'd recommend some (relatively) cheap driving gloves so that it doesn't collect a bunch of grunge. If you drive a lot of F/B, F/A or LMPs in the game, you might benefit from the F1 wheel as well. I have never tried it but having a multitude of switches for in cockpit adjustments seems like it would be a big help (on PC).

Alan Dallas
22-09-2016, 14:52
I added the TM Ferrari F1 replica wheel to my collection recently(It joins my GTE Rim). On PC in advanced mode you get like 26 different Buttons(key presses) on the F1 wheel. It's crazy but makes driving the modern Open Cockpit and Prototype cars(the ones I mostly drive really) feel better. It's also just a hair shy of being 32mm in diameter so it has more realism in your hands.