PDA

View Full Version : Final T300 Settings on PS4?

oatswithmilk
27-09-2016, 15:46
Hi guys,

So I've been scouring the forums for the best settings for T300 in PS4, but most the posts that I find are in late 2015. I heard that SMS updated certain things with regards to physics later in 2016, so settings for the T300 must have changed, but I can't seem to find one that is generally agreed on as of today (grimeydog is only for CSW?). Can anyone share their settings? Also, do your settings require you to change from car to car or is it applicable to most cars?

Thanks a bunch!

lancashirelad
27-09-2016, 17:58
Your platform says PC so you need to change that if you are on PS4, you can try my settings in my signature. Also ps4 with T300. I don't use any in car settings. Gave up messing with the force feedback a while ago.

morpwr
27-09-2016, 18:07
Hi guys,

So I've been scouring the forums for the best settings for T300 in PS4, but most the posts that I find are in late 2015. I heard that SMS updated certain things with regards to physics later in 2016, so settings for the T300 must have changed, but I can't seem to find one that is generally agreed on as of today (grimeydog is only for CSW?). Can anyone share their settings? Also, do your settings require you to change from car to car or is it applicable to most cars?

Thanks a bunch!

My best and final settings are on the oscarolim site in my signature. These are for the t300 and use the one towards the bottom of the page. I only left the old ones posted because some guys liked them too. No you don't have to change anything between cars just use jacks tweaks for the car ffb.

oatswithmilk
28-09-2016, 00:29
My best and final settings are on the oscarolim site in my signature. These are for the t300 and use the one towards the bottom of the page. I only left the old ones posted because some guys liked them too. No you don't have to change anything between cars just use jacks tweaks for the car ffb.

So the one which specifically states "last updates 27 September 4am"?

Also, I don't have to change anything between cars but I have to use jacks tweaks? Means I do have to change the individual FFB settings right, i.e. Tweak them for each car?

Thanks morpwr!

Edit: is your global settings the same as the one in the oscarlim site too?

Edit 2 : notice from your siggy that you use a 70inch TV. Can I ask how is that going for you? How close are you sitting from your TV? Also, does such a large TV make your wheel look huge in comparison to the actual wheel that you have on your t300? I'm thinking of getting a 49 inch tv and I'm using an obutto R3V so I'm already not sure if it's gonna be too big. Your thoughts please!

oatswithmilk
28-09-2016, 00:40
Your platform says PC so you need to change that if you are on PS4, you can try my settings in my signature. Also ps4 with T300. I don't use any in car settings. Gave up messing with the force feedback a while ago.

Nice! Thanks a bunch. Quick question, how about your global wheel settings? Are they the same as the settings in oscarlim?

lancashirelad
28-09-2016, 17:29
Yes they are the only settings I use. These are my global settings as Oscar site. Just input everything as shown.Don't use any in car settings, they are all default.

morpwr
28-09-2016, 17:54
So the one which specifically states "last updates 27 September 4am"?

Also, I don't have to change anything between cars but I have to use jacks tweaks? Means I do have to change the individual FFB settings right, i.e. Tweak them for each car?

Thanks morpwr!

Edit: is your global settings the same as the one in the oscarlim site too?

Edit 2 : notice from your siggy that you use a 70inch TV. Can I ask how is that going for you? How close are you sitting from your TV? Also, does such a large TV make your wheel look huge in comparison to the actual wheel that you have on your t300? I'm thinking of getting a 49 inch tv and I'm using an obutto R3V so I'm already not sure if it's gonna be too big. Your thoughts please!

Yes you do need to change the car ffb settings. I prefer the 2.9 ones but they work with the 3.0 version of his files also. Yes everything is the same on the oscarolim site just adjust the ffb master to your liking. As for the tv I really don't even notice the wheel on the screen most of the time. I'm sitting about 2 feet from it and it works pretty good for me. Being that big its pretty low on the wall. A 49 inch tv should work pretty good mounted closer and I know a lot of the guys on here use 55 inch tvs.

oatswithmilk
29-09-2016, 10:36
Quick update. I've tried both storm trooper's settings as well as morpwr with the tweaks. And I'm faced with a serious first world problem, both settings are damn good. Which leads me to a dilemma as to which one I should use?

From the information i gather thus far, the most common thing I hear about FFB is it depends on an individual's "taste and preference".

In my opinion, that hardly makes any sense. Because if we were both driving the exact same car in real life, we would feel the same "forces" through the wheel. Therefore FFB should not be based on what you "feel" is right, and should be dependent on what car you're driving. If were both driving the Ginetta G40 today, I'm sure we would both feel the same weight of the wheel etc.

In short, I'm seeking answers on how to use a non biased approach to determine the accuracy of force feedback, rather than simply "feel".

Thanks again guys.

morpwr
29-09-2016, 15:50
Quick update. I've tried both storm trooper's settings as well as morpwr with the tweaks. And I'm faced with a serious first world problem, both settings are damn good. Which leads me to a dilemma as to which one I should use?

From the information i gather thus far, the most common thing I hear about FFB is it depends on an individual's "taste and preference".

In my opinion, that hardly makes any sense. Because if we were both driving the exact same car in real life, we would feel the same "forces" through the wheel. Therefore FFB should not be based on what you "feel" is right, and should be dependent on what car you're driving. If were both driving the Ginetta G40 today, I'm sure we would both feel the same weight of the wheel etc.

In short, I'm seeking answers on how to use a non biased approach to determine the accuracy of force feedback, rather than simply "feel".

Thanks again guys.

I don't know about his but I wanted something that worked with all the cars and gave me as much useful information as I could get without making it feel wrong compared to what I would expect in real life. In the end it really will come down to what your brain tells you is right. Some guys like a really heavy wheel which I get but my brain says its wrong. Cars don't feel like that in real life and I cant get by that. While some cars have really heavy steering in real life some are really light. Not saying any bodies settings are right or wrong it really will come down to what you feel most comfortable with.

wyldanimal
29-09-2016, 20:30

Thanks again guys.

After the Last PS4 Patch I did a complete reset. Started over...
I adjusted My Global FFB settings, and have used the Cars Defaults ever since.. ( on Some Cars I have to adjust the Master from 26 down to 20 or 18 )
but that is the Only thing I adjust any more..

So with that In mind, using the Defaults would, as you noted, Keep everyone's FFB similar.

Adjust the Global for your Wheel, but then Each Cars FFB would be the same..

Just my thoughts.. and it seems that lancashirelad is also doing the same.. Globals only, cars are default.

Olijke Poffer
13-10-2016, 20:36
I'm thinking to buy a new wheel again. Had a Thrustmaster TX on the xbox but sold both.
Is the T300 still the wheel to go for? Is more or less the same as the TX on the Xbox. Or is there a new wheel released?

I want to use the wheel on the PS4-Pro later in november as well. I presume the T300 will fit on the pro as well.

Zenzic
14-10-2016, 11:15
I bought a T300 a few weeks ago. Coming from a T100 I'm very pleased with it. Steering input feels continuous as opposed to the T100, where I could sort of feel the teeth of the gears while turning. FFB is very strong. I feel like I can wrestle with this wheel without fear of breaking it.

No experience with TX on Xbox.

A few remarks though:
- Rubbery part where you grip the steering wheel feels sticky when it heats up to body temperature.
- Throttle pedal has a slight deadzone. It's something I notice when I remember it's there. Two ways of fixing: open up the pedal body and adjust potentiometer or stick something to the case inside the pedal opening to prevent the pedal from fully returning to its natural position. I haven't tried either of these fixes and probably won't bother in the future either. Once you're concentrating on racing it's no problem.
- Don't know the proper English term, but the steering wheel seems to be slightly crooked. When the wheel calibrates at startup - turning from full left lock to full right - and I look at the profile of the wheel while it's turning, I can see the gap between the wheel and the base increase and decrease as it rotates. The wheel axle seems fine, and I assume the wheel is fit to the base properly since it's attached with a threaded collar. It has no effect on the wheel's function whatsoever, just a minor aesthetic annoyance.

None of the remarks above have made me doubt my purchase. Solid piece of equipment overall.

Olijke Poffer
14-10-2016, 20:28
Thanks, as the TX is the same wheel as the T300' I'll go for that one again. Had a great time with it on the Xbox..

Awong124
17-10-2016, 16:33
I haven't changed my settings since 2015, and I think it feels pretty much the same. Or at least I haven't noticed it feeling any worse.

I've only changed my global wheel settings. I can't be bothered to tweak the FFB settings on each car. You might get better results if you do, but it seems like an awful lot of work, and every car feels pretty good for me right now already. The only thing I change in the car specific FFB settings is I lower Fy from 100 to 60 for every car.