PDA

View Full Version : Need your help guys - PS4 no Force Feedback at times

DesmoPT
30-09-2016, 11:12
Hello all,

I have been playing PCars on my PS4 (T300RS) lately and all the sudden something strange is happening.

As an example:
I am playing with a friend on a Formula B around Monza, no problems at all the ForceFeedback (FF) works a charm.
Then we decide to change track and nothing else and the FF is close to non-existant (if any) - no changes were made. I leave the room and i take the same car to a diferent track and the FF is there again. Also, if i decide to stick to the track where the FF didnīt work previously, and change car and FF works again.

Hope i explained myself, sorry for my english ...

Please guys share some light here.

P.S - i have the game updated and the wheel with the latest firmware.

morpwr
30-09-2016, 12:49
Do you have the fan turned on so it runs all the time? It sounds like its going into safe mode where it cuts the ffb level way down.

wyldanimal
30-09-2016, 15:20
Seems yo u might have found your own solution. Leave and come back to the track...
Two Nights a week , I've been racing with a group of between 8 to 14 drivers.
I'd say that atleast one of the drivers ( if not More ) will experience One of the FFB bugs...
Either it's the Tire Scrubbing BUZZZZ that chatters the Wheel
or it's the total Loss of FFB comming out of the Pits,
or it's the Completly Not working Wheel, No Steering or Gas and Brake
or the Partially Not working Wheel, No Steering , or No Gas...

there does not seem to be a pattern to the issues...

pressing Option, returning to and exiting the Pits, often solves it. but the times when three trips to the pits has not made a difference,
exiting the Lobby, exiting the Game, restarting the game and coming back, has fixed it every time.

The real game breaker is when this happens at the start of a race... Because you can't go to the pits, or exit and return..
when it happens at race start, it's a deal breaker..

We've have exited races, to recreate the Lobby and start over because of these issues.

They Happen, their is no pattern to the cause. and so we learn to deal with it.

DesmoPT
30-09-2016, 15:40
Cheers guys,

Well, the fan turns itself on and off on a normal pattern - i believe that is not the issue here.
Like iīve said if one car doesnīt have FF on Catalunya (for example) i take another diferent car to that same track and the FF is working. Also if i decide to stick with the car that didnīt work in CATALUNYA and take it to another track the FF works.

Still need assistance :(

morpwr
30-09-2016, 15:45
Cheers guys,

Well, the fan turns itself on and off on a normal pattern - i believe that is not the issue here.
Like iīve said if one car doesnīt have FF on Catalunya (for example) i take another diferent car to that same track and the FF is working. Also if i decide to stick with the car that didnīt work in CATALUNYA and take it to another track the FF works.

Still need assistance :(

Id turn the fan on so it runs all the time and see if it still happens. There is a reason thrustmaster gave us the option. I haven't had a loss of ffb since doing that months ago on the ps4. I know it says I am on pc but I have both. Not saying that will be the solution but id try that first.

DesmoPT
30-09-2016, 15:49
Id turn the fan on so it runs all the time and see if it still happens. There is a reason thrustmaster gave us the option. I haven't had a loss of ffb since doing that months ago on the ps4. I know my it says I am on pc but I have both. Not saying that will be the solution but id try that first.

How do you turn the fan on all the time on the PS4? it doesnīt hurt trying ...

Thanks

beetes_juice
30-09-2016, 15:56

Thanks

If Im not mistaken the latest TM driver turns the fan on at all times, could be wrong.

morpwr
30-09-2016, 15:58
I honestly don't remember exactly. It was months ago when I did it. If you go to the thrustmaster site it explains how. It was really easy.

morpwr
30-09-2016, 15:59
If Im not mistaken the latest TM driver turns the fan on at all times, could be wrong.

Unless there is a newer one than I have its an option.

beetes_juice
30-09-2016, 16:03
I honestly don't remember exactly. It was months ago when I did it. If you go to the thrustmaster site it explains how. It was really easy.

Ive been trying to find the note on their site. They recently changed there Tech support website. On the old one you could see previous patch notes, now it just shows the current version.

I swear I read on here (around firmware v49) or something the Fan always on option was added and set to on when updated.

morpwr
30-09-2016, 16:18
Ive been trying to find the note on their site. They recently changed there Tech support website. On the old one you could see previous patch notes, now it just shows the current version.

I swear I read on here (around firmware v49) or something the Fan always on option was added and set to on when updated.

Pretty sure that's the one I have. Unless they changed something I had to turn it on. But if he doesn't have the latest firmware he should do that to.

DesmoPT
30-09-2016, 17:49
I have the latest update software 25. But have no clue where to turn the fan always on :(

morpwr
30-09-2016, 17:58
I just took a quick look on their site and didn't see it. It used to tell you what changed and how to turn it on all the time. I don't know why they changed it. I know you use the mode button but I don't remember it was so long ago. Id definitely figure out how to do that first. The problem with not having it run all the time is the fan cant keep up when it cycles especially if you have strong ffb. By the time it comes on its almost at the cutoff and goes into safe mode before it cools off. That could be why when you back out and come back in it works because it cooled off enough. Try a search in the forums.

DesmoPT
30-09-2016, 18:06
I just took a quick look on their site and didn't see it. It used to tell you what changed and how to turn it on all the time. I don't know why they changed it. I know you use the mode button but I don't remember it was so long ago. Id definitely figure out how to do that first. The problem with not having it run all the time is the fan cant keep up when it cycles especially if you have strong ffb. By the time it comes on its almost at the cutoff and goes into safe mode before it cools off. That could be why when you back out and come back in it works because it cooled off enough. Try a search in the forums.

Thanks mate youīve been trying to help and i appreciate it. I find hard to believe that it's the fan causing this issue. Everytime i have the FF problem i change track immediatly, say i take 1 minute, and the problemīs gone like by magic, i come back to the previous track and voilá no FF ... just weird and game breaking for me.

morpwr
30-09-2016, 18:13
I know but many of us had this issue before they let you turn the fan on all the time and was part of the reason they did. Actually if you want to do a test turn the ffb master down a bunch and see if you still have the issue or it takes longer before it happens. If it still does it then its not the fan if it takes longer or it doesn't happen its the fan. What do you have the ffb set to?

Madwak55
30-09-2016, 23:24

Thanks

To turn the fan on all the time if you have the latest firmware you press the mode and options button at the same time, doing it again turns it back to auto mode.

DesmoPT
01-10-2016, 09:27
Thanks to everyone who tried to help ... really appreciate that.

I solved the problem!

I started playing PCars on release date using the T300RS. Back then i choose to apply setups to each car individually following a spreadsheet that was on this forum (canīt remember the name of it). That way each car had diferent wheel settings on each different track. Then i spent nearly half a year without playing PCars. I decided to start playing it again 2 weeks ago and since i had been away for so long i decided to reset the wheel and use the same settings for every car and track.
When i set the multiplayer sessions with car setups default, the game remembers the settings i had for the wheel on a specific car and track and that messes up the force feedback. Itīs like previously i adjusted the strength of the wheel on each car and that overrides the settings i have now.

So i have picked the car and track combo i had problems with, created a session with setups locked - i have no FF!
Picked the same combo again, this time i created the game allowing people to tweak their setups. I have the car in pits go to setup and reset the car setup and save it - FF working like a charm.

Thanks again everyone who tried to help. I hope people who experience this issue remember whatīs causing it.