PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Disappointed In This Game!

Sm_Banks
04-10-2016, 23:08
I picked up a copy of Project:CARS last night for $20. Everything I had heard about this game made me think I found a great deal. I got it home and put it in the system. It downloaded quickly which should have made me suspicious. I jumped into the game whole heartedly. I played the first intro race offline and it felt like I was playing in an eternal lag bubble. The car was jumping all over the place. I couldn't control it over 40 MPH. I couldn't finish one lap with it. And the graphics utterly SUCKED! Everything was blurry and delayed. I saw no detail at all! I am willing to give it a second chance if an update comes out that will fix it. But until I find a solution or the update comes out I will not put it back in my Xbox.

bradleyland
04-10-2016, 23:11
Bummer. Good thing you got such a deep discount on it.

Enjoy Forza Horizon 3.

Sm_Banks
04-10-2016, 23:12
And it was a new copy as well

aleph99
05-10-2016, 02:36
I own two copies of PCars: for the PC and, more recently, for the Xbox One. The Xbox version is, quite frankly, a disaster. I won't go into a list here, as I have already done that in another post, but it has problems in all fronts, including graphics, which is something PCars is usually praised for. One could argue that the Xbox can't do graphics as well as the PC, but then we have Forza 6 and yes, Horizon 3 that prove the opposite - unless, of course, Turn 10, being affiliated to Microsoft, knows something about the hardware that others don't. I haven't yet seen how Assetto Corsa performs on this regard, but I am curious to find out.

The whole game seems to have been copied & pasted from the PC without regard for specific console requirements - for instance, dozens of important mappable keys that cannot be mapped because the Xbox lacks a keyboard. I don't think it will be fixed in the present incarnation, but I hope the developers are able to sort all those problems out with PCars 2 and make a version that is indeed thought out for the console market.

Sm_Banks
05-10-2016, 03:13
I am just hoping I can get at least $2 for a trade in. I can't return it because the place I bought it from does not sell used games and once the plastic is off they consider it used and won't accept returns. So it looks like I am off to gamestop tomorrow.

Sankyo
05-10-2016, 05:55
Since the disappointing experience was due to the game not having downloaded completely yet, and therefore irrelevant, thread closed.