PDA

View Full Version : WRC6

m355y
06-10-2016, 07:04
Anyone giving this a go? It's out tomorrow but you might be able to get hold of it today.

Worryingly, I haven't been able to find any reviews yet. Usually I'll make a decision based on those coming out before release but all there is about this game seems to be a couple of old trailers and the usual promises that it's a big step from the last one, etc etc - it needs to be. WRC5 wasn't all terrible, but it was so far away from DIRT Rally and Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo it wasn't funny. I'm hoping, hoping hoping that this is a positive surprise, but I'm not banking too much on it.

LukeC
06-10-2016, 07:36
Anyone giving this a go? It's out tomorrow but you might be able to get hold of it today.

Worryingly, I haven't been able to find any reviews yet. Usually I'll make a decision based on those coming out before release but all there is about this game seems to be a couple of old trailers and the usual promises that it's a big step from the last one, etc etc - it needs to be. WRC5 wasn't all terrible, but it was so far away from DIRT Rally and Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo it wasn't funny. I'm hoping, hoping hoping that this is a positive surprise, but I'm not banking too much on it.

I've only seen videos of it, but after dirt rally I doubt that this will satisfy. Unless of course it has really good force feedback and physics, as graphics seem to be pretty good.

If you do get it, please let us know what it's like.

m355y
06-10-2016, 07:52
I'm going to at least wait for a couple of reviews I think, see if it's even worth it. From the videos (which I tried to post but can't work out how to embed!!!) it looks pretty similar to the last one, the cars look far too grippy and it just looks a bit familiar.

LukeC
06-10-2016, 08:01
I'm going to at least wait for a couple of reviews I think, see if it's even worth it. From the videos (which I tried to post but can't work out how to embed!!!) it looks pretty similar to the last one, the cars look far too grippy and it just looks a bit familiar.

Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. I've got plenty of high quality racing games to play atm, so I'm not going to bother with it. Unless it turns out to be really excellent.

m355y
07-10-2016, 18:58
First reviews are actually good. I'm a lot more interested in buying this than I was this time yesterday. Saying its a big step forward for the series and a lot of fun.

Pisshead30
07-10-2016, 19:08
Heres a video from a studio visit by Team VVV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__D_29MFdw

PS4 overview by Team VVV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_81Quxk3WdM

Cheesenium
08-10-2016, 05:56
The Team VVV videos looks good to be honest. WRC 6 looks way ahead of what Milestone did with WRC1-4.

I'll definitely pick up the game soon, after I had enough of Horizon 3.

m355y
08-10-2016, 08:08
more very good reviews coming in, I'm surprised. Was all ready not to bother with this.

might have a look in Asda see if it's there when I go in a bit.

m355y
10-10-2016, 06:54
im editing this because I don't want to encourage anyone to buy it based on a quick first opinion. It's not that good.

bporion
10-10-2016, 21:08
Got it tried it and got a refund . It will take alote to beat Dirt and this did not do it , good game but not for me .

m355y
13-10-2016, 19:43
I'm so, so sick of half-baked rally games like this one. After a good few hours on this, can report -

- the difficulty is ridiculous. Like pretty much every rally game. How do they actually gauge it? Strikes me as far easier to tailor the 'AI' stage times to different difficulty levels on a game like this than actually make intelligent AI in a racing game. But no. One stage, you're last and 20 seconds slower despite driving ok. The next, you're 11 seconds ahead despite crashing a few times, and getting a penalty for cutting a corner (in a rally game!!!!), then the next stage, you're miles behind again. Seriously, f*ck off. Patch it or I'm seriously never buying any game made by this lot again.

- the game engine is so poor. It stutters, there's very little sense of speed.

- rallies are far too short and go past in the blink of an eye with very little if any of the cinematics I mentioned in my first post. The game lulls you into a false sense that it's going to be good with its introduction, and the fact that the first time you play it you're struck by how much better the driving mechanics, stage design etc are. And they really, REALLY are. It's just riddled with problems. Unless they patch it big time I wouldn't recommend getting it.