PDA

View Full Version : Stymied career

GregFowler
10-10-2016, 20:10
I don't know what I am doing wrong or if my expectations are misguided. I tried to get to formula A through carts thru formula ford. Won everything for several seasons but no offer to move up. So i went and began a new Identity, went through carts and supercarts as before was offered the endurance sports car, and then prototype - won every championship but the only offer I got was to repeat in the same category.

Am I missing something? Do I need to do the in between races to enhance my chances?

What do you suggest? Thanks in advance, Greg

Stewy32
10-10-2016, 20:16
Maybe you should try and do a few of the invitational events as they will help you move up.

GregFowler
10-10-2016, 21:46
Okay, I suspected that might have been the problem. Thanks for responding.

Schnizz58
11-10-2016, 14:48
I don't think the invitationals help you move up. At the end of your next season, go to your inbox and filter on contract offers and see what offers are there.

Seelenkrank
11-10-2016, 16:01
you have to do some of the other races/invitations because there are "spotters" who watch after talents.
then you will get new offers for other classes.

Silraed
11-10-2016, 16:29
Really? I haven't done any invitationals in the last two careers I ran through and I had no trouble getting new contracts, that is without winning everything as well.

Konan
11-10-2016, 16:44
Really? I haven't done any invitationals in the last two careers I ran through and I had no trouble getting new contracts, that is without winning everything as well.

Exactly what i was going to say....:cool:

FS7
11-10-2016, 23:59
I'm not sure invitationals are required to unlock season events.
I started in karts, only played a couple of invitationals on my first season, then skipped all invitationals and focused on main season events, moved my way up through the open-wheel championships, won the LMP1 championship, then played the remaining championships in GT & LMP, then played all the invitationals I had skipped in order to complete my career checklist guide.
I always had contracts in my current tier as well as in the next tier even though I skipped most of the invitationals.

dbo35
12-10-2016, 03:04
you have to do some of the other races/invitations because there are "spotters" who watch after talents.
then you will get new offers for other classes.

I think he was asking about pCARS, not real life...

Zpectre87
12-10-2016, 04:23
Maybe someone in the know will help, but I've raced all the invitationals in my second season and got several higher offers from GT3 and LMP3 teams, when the normal should be to progress to Formula Rookie/Clio Cup.

I then picked Clio Cup because I wanted to progress at a steady pace.

Seelenkrank
12-10-2016, 10:26
I think he was asking about pCARS, not real life...

i think i read about it in the game somewhere.
so its not a RL thing.