PDA

View Full Version : Dash switches flickering.

Gambit74
14-10-2016, 22:10
As the title says, when driving the switches on the dash and steering wheel have a light/shadow/reflection error, where the switches seem to catch sun light that isn't there.

Anyone else have this bug?

Pc spec.
I7 5820k
gtx1080
win10 64bit

Gambit74
21-10-2016, 00:38
Just me then.

Mahjik
21-10-2016, 02:55
Not sure what you are referring to but there is a limitation of the 3D engine which sometimes reflections from the ground can show on some cockpit pieces.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2016, 16:52
Have you tried messing with the graphic settings to get a better result?
Never noticed the problem myself.

Gambit74
20-11-2016, 12:13
Hi, sorry for the late reply. The flickering is on the the switches, the parts that would normally illuminate when the headlights are on.
For example: In the #63 gt3 Corvette all the circular dials on the centre console flicker white when the car is at a certain angle to the sun light.
Most settings are on high.

Gambit74
27-11-2016, 12:27
Been trying a few things and the only way I can sort this is to turn shadows off and that's just rubbish. :(

Gambit74
22-12-2016, 11:31
Any chance the issue could be resolved?

Bentley Continental Gt3, Spa, 12 noon, clear weather.
As I go from turn Bruxelles turn 8 to turn 9 the red blue green labels on the steering wheel syart flashing like mad.

Please fix.

Spec.
I7 5820k @4.2
Msi gtx1080 gaming X
Corsair LPX 2666 (@ stock 2133) x32gb
Full racing rig with Logitech G27 and Fanatec clubsport shifter
Oculus Rift CV1 up to date
Steam.

Roger Prynne
22-12-2016, 13:04
Any chance the issue could be resolved?

Nope sorry, there won't be any more fixes for pCARS.

McClusky
22-12-2016, 16:07
12 noon, clear weather

I feel this 'time frame' especially in clear weather is the weak spot (graphics wise) in pCARS as the morning, late afternoon and night look much better. I use DS6X for day time and it looks great but not as good as morning, late afternoon or night (I use DS4X for late afternoon and night). Before when I did not have the 'horse power' to push DSX6 I would never race in the 12 noon time frame as I had the same issue(s) you describe.

Gambit74
06-01-2017, 08:30
Hi McClusky, You say
Before when I did not have the 'horse power' to push DSX6 I would never race in the 12 noon time frame as I had the same issue(s) you describe. "Had the same issue(s)" does this mean you don't have them any more?

Hang on, hang on. Can someone just confirm that this is a game wide issue when using the rift, and not just me! If it's just me having this there is no point in me moaning about it to the Devs'.

If it is game wide; then I'm quite saddened that they don't want to fix it. For me this is the only issue I've had/got with the game and if I was the Dev' I'd like to think that it was all that it could be, a flagship of polished perfection....

Mahjik
06-01-2017, 14:04
It might help if you can make a video or something to demonstrate what you are seeing. It's quite possible that it's a limitation with the pCARS1 rendering engine. However, since we cannot see exactly what you are seeing, it's hard to know we are commenting on the exact same thing.

Gambit74
10-01-2017, 20:00
Not sure how to make a video, I have taken some screenshots.

PC Spec.
MSI GTX1080x
Asus X99-A
I7 5820k @4.2ghz

Running on Ultra.

Only way to stop this is to turn shadows to off and that looks rotten.

You can see that the steering wheel in the Bentley and the centre console in the Merc are in shadow so what's going on?

https://s27.postimg.org/um6bxfl43/20170104194327_1.jpg

Top image you can see the bottom half of the rear view mirror is a shadow, this is there for the entire race, regardless of track or car.
Bottom image you can see how the shadow effect clips off of the switch labels on the steering wheel. All the labels will flash, at the point I pressed print screen it was just that bit. Also Windscreen banner has this issue but not so noticeable.

More.
Amg GT3 followed by Bentley GT3 again.
https://postimg.org/image/7mvh7bfgp/

Gambit74
22-01-2017, 11:06
Anything???

Mahjik
22-01-2017, 16:44
Are you getting this via Oculus or with and without it?

As for your last post, I'm not sure what specifically you are referring to... You were talking about flickering in this thread, but then you posted an image of a shadow on the dash and the rear mirror... Are these related somehow or different topics?

Gambit74
23-01-2017, 00:12
Are you getting this via Oculus or with and without it?

As for your last post, I'm not sure what specifically you are referring to... You were talking about flickering in this thread, but then you posted an image of a shadow on the dash and the rear mirror... Are these related somehow or different topics?

The flickering switches on the dash and steering wheel and the shadow in the rear view mirror, these only happen when using the oculus (through Steam). I don't have it via Oculus home so I don't know if the issue is there or not. There is no issue with the shadow on the dash. The flickering also happens on the windscreen banner if there is wording on it and there is a faint shadow that clips the clear part of the windscreen.

I'm thinking this is an alpha issue...?

Thank you for trying to help.

Mahjik
23-01-2017, 00:14
It appears the only solution for VR owners is to disable shadows:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49076-Top-window-banner-flickering-in-VR

Gambit74
23-01-2017, 11:31
ok, so it's a common fault. Do you know what update broke this? It wasn't in the game when the oculus cv1 first launched.

Mahjik
23-01-2017, 14:58
ok, so it's a common fault. Do you know what update broke this? It wasn't in the game when the oculus cv1 first launched.

I'm not sure that it matters as that's the way it is currently regardless of when it was changed. Maybe someone here in the VR section can comment, but at this time this is the way it is...