PDA

View Full Version : Last lap of session cut off?

jonhsame
18-10-2016, 13:05
Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?

wooddylan170
18-10-2016, 20:16
This is normal in Practice, but not in Qualifying. Practice is practice and there is no real emphasis on completing a lap. In Qualifying however the game should allow you to finish the lap, as you would have known by the engineer telling you. If the game cuts you off during that final lap, then it's clearly a bug and not intentional.

Schnizz58
18-10-2016, 20:29
Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?
This exact thing happened to me last night. I was on a really good lap at Laguna Seca. I'm not sure if it matters but on the previous lap, I crossed the timing line with only seconds to spare before time ran out. I continued on my lap and had a real flyer going, then it just quit on the back straight on the way up to the corkscrew. Normally it doesn't do that. It usually lets you finish the lap you're on before killing the session. I'm speculating that there may be a timeout involved. It will let you finish the lap as long as you finish it in a certain amount of time.

cxMilk
18-10-2016, 21:50
I'm speculating that there may be a timeout involved. It will let you finish the lap as long as you finish it in a certain amount of time.
This or I thought it might just scratch your lap if your delta falls below your fastest lap, but lately, I don't know. After they fixed this issue in one the patches, I never had an issue until recently. In the past couple of months I've had this happen a few times now and I can't seem to make sense of any consistencies. I've had it cut when the timer expires up to a minute or so after expiring. I've had it cut whether my delta is greater than or less than my fastest lap.

The other day in the LMP series I was furious because I was really struggling with traffic to put in a second fast lap, since you need two for that series. Finally got a clean fast lap going that would have ended up being quickest in the session just before the timer expired and then halfway around the track it cut on me. But yea, I can't seem to find a constant that may relate to why this is triggering.

Schnizz58
18-10-2016, 21:57
I never had a problem with it either after they patched it - until now. It couldn't have been a problem with my delta because I was almost a second up on my only other decent lap. I made mistakes on all the other laps during qualy. Then I was finally putting a good one together and it terminated the session. I had to use that other lap for the race.

For the record it was in the second race of the WMD US Trackday Trophy at Laguna Seca and I was driving a BAC Mono.

wooddylan170
19-10-2016, 10:59
\ I'm speculating that there may be a timeout involved. It will let you finish the lap as long as you finish it in a certain amount of time.

Could be possible. I was racing the Pagani Zonda R at the classic Hockenheimring, and the timer expired as I exited the first chicane. A minute and a half later I finished my lap but without the game quitting on me. Could just be a bug, unless it happens almost every time.