PDA

View Full Version : Assetto Corsa puts Porsche into the ring - what does Project CARS?

Shi
22-10-2016, 08:08
To keep up with AC and keep the PS4 commnunity of Project CARS alive, we need the following things:

- Bug fixing - more than everything else! I donīt think PC2 will be do well if the prequel is not running flawlessly.

- DLC - what about a free, community livery DLCs? AC is coming with new DLC and patches, GT Sport is on its way! Do you want to fight or let them get all the PC players leaving your game? We need to keep the players! If AC is fully patched and really runs smoothly nobody will change to PC2, nobody will leave a perfect game, right? So go on with PC1 and support it again.

- DLC (Store) Players still want to buy new tracks and cars. Why donīt you implement some cars of World of Speed?

At the moment it feels like PC is dying because of poor respectively no support! The game is from 2015! Keep it alive and support it already. Do you really think PC2 will do well if the 1st part is going to die because of bad support? This is the game where Slightly Mad Studios has to prove that they really care! From gamers - for gamers, right?

So please keep up patching and DLC support or your competitors will win this race!

Stewy32
22-10-2016, 08:13
Good point but I think that , if they did this, it would add another year before Project CARS 2.

Konan
22-10-2016, 08:32
DLC support has to end at some point and with SMS releasing them at very low prices there is no gain in bringing out more (they are still a business after all) the focus right now is (and shoujd be) on the sequel...
Support on the other hand is (until further notice) still ongoing...
Remember this was a totally new experience which imho set the standard for future racing games...
Pcars2 from what i've heard will knock the rest out of the park regardless...
Pcars has its flaws but all things considered imo is still the best on PS4 and i'm sure i don't stand alone in that...to me this game was a revelation and a huge step up from former racing games i've played...besides,many of us were already planning to buy the sequel when it was announced...even before several patches/DLC

Shi
22-10-2016, 16:37
The lifespan of PC1 is too short.
They are not EA games.
If PC2 will die after only 1 year of support, I would reconsider my strategy.

Whats wrong with making the dlcs more expensive? I think fans can pay the same price as for AC dlcs. If this isn't enough, then again: They do something wrong.

hkraft300
22-10-2016, 17:10
Oh this old chestnut, again...
If SMS did the exact same amount of patches/fixes/DLC every 2 months, it would've made it a 2 year schedule. What would you have asked for then? 3 years of DLC?
SMS also need to move on to the sequel.

Have you driven all the cars and tracks? Spent some time and learned to be quick in them? I haven't still. Far from it. So I'm not sure if I'll discover something yet that I might find addictive.
I haven't driven the Group 5 cars since I got a wheel. Or classic Lotus. Or the DTM... I still have a long way to go.

Titzon Toast
22-10-2016, 17:15
When is PCars 2 scheduled for release?

hkraft300
22-10-2016, 17:21
When is PCars 2 scheduled for release?

Word on streets: late 2017
There's a guessing thread lol
No date set yet.

cluck
22-10-2016, 17:57
When is PCars 2 scheduled for release?Friday :yes:

(I'm just not saying 'which' Friday!)

Konan
22-10-2016, 17:57

The lifespan of Pcars is how long you choose it to be...
If you're still talking about DLC well...it was made very clear from the beginning what DLC we would get and when it was going to end...
Like[hkraft300] stated the combo's tracks/vehicles are almost endless and the true lifespan of the game lies in the challenge of getting better all the time...challenging yourself against yourself,the AI and real life competitors...
If you're not of that mindset than i'm affraid no number of DLC is going to satisfy you anyway...
Maybe GT or Need for speed is more your scene,unlocking cars as you proceed...i'm not saying that's a bad thing but that's not what Pcars is about and it never should in the future...

Konan
22-10-2016, 17:59
Friday :yes:

YEEEEEEHAAAAA!
Oh wait........it's Cluck.......never mind...:p

Rambo_Commando
23-10-2016, 03:22
They are not EA games.
If PC2 will die after only 1 year of support, I would reconsider my strategy.

Whats wrong with making the dlcs more expensive? I think fans can pay the same price as for AC dlcs. If this isn't enough, then again: They do something wrong.

Lifespan too short?...I think not. I've been playing this game daily since release, I still haven't finished career mode and I havent even raced the cars with a roof yet lol.

wyldanimal
23-10-2016, 03:34
Friday :yes:

Hey you never posted which FRIDAY?
Next Friday? the 3rd Friday from 360 days from Now? 52 Fridays from last Week? WHICH FRIDAY !! ?

Sankyo
23-10-2016, 06:35
To keep up with AC and keep the PS4 commnunity of Project CARS alive, we need the following things:

- Bug fixing - more than everything else! I donīt think PC2 will be do well if the prequel is not running flawlessly.

- DLC - what about a free, community livery DLCs? AC is coming with new DLC and patches, GT Sport is on its way! Do you want to fight or let them get all the PC players leaving your game? We need to keep the players! If AC is fully patched and really runs smoothly nobody will change to PC2, nobody will leave a perfect game, right? So go on with PC1 and support it again.

- DLC (Store) Players still want to buy new tracks and cars. Why donīt you implement some cars of World of Speed?

At the moment it feels like PC is dying because of poor respectively no support! The game is from 2015! Keep it alive and support it already. Do you really think PC2 will do well if the 1st part is going to die because of bad support? This is the game where Slightly Mad Studios has to prove that they really care! From gamers - for gamers, right?

So please keep up patching and DLC support or your competitors will win this race!

The approaches of pCARS1 and AC are very different, at least as it seems right now.
PC was published as a full game with some additional DLC afterwards. AC was a barebones driving sim at time of release and they've been making it bigger and more complete over quite a long time span. And all the time the core game hardly changed.

SMS has big plans with pC2 w.r.t. added features and new tech, which simply cannot be added to pC1 without disproportionate time spent on regression testing or breaking compatibility with older versions of the game.

Furthermore, creating DLC takes time, resources and money, which SMS simply do not have to spend on pC1 as they're not EA or Rockstar with very deep pockets.

It's nice to be able to play the same game for years and on end, but with the ambition of SMS where pCARS should be going, it simply doesn't fit in their dev plan.

And to make sure (being part of pC2 development myself), SMS isn't planning to milk the franchise or its customers like with certain other game franchises. What's coming in pC2 isn't just some cosmetic changes, it's a huge leap forwards in all aspects.

Pyromaniak666
23-10-2016, 12:14
1 year of support was too short imo, considering just how many issues there still are on the Console, needless to say if the same approach is taken through to Pcars 2 then i am afraid it's gonna be a tough sell to me. Let's wait and see

Konan
23-10-2016, 12:17
1 year of support was too short imo

:rolleyes: *huge sigh*

cluck
23-10-2016, 12:42
Hey you never posted which FRIDAY?
Next Friday? the 3rd Friday from 360 days from Now? 52 Fridays from last Week? WHICH FRIDAY !! ?Read the white text ;)

Konan
23-10-2016, 12:45
Read the white text ;)

Ahaaa a hidden message!
*reading*
AAAH...fooled again! :(

bmanic
23-10-2016, 13:52
I agree about the bug fixing. It's really unfortunate that it's not being taken more seriously as there are some well known bugs that could do with a fix. It's of course possible that some of them are very hard to fix/reproduce 100% accurately but still.. a bit more effort on this front would definitely be very much appreciated.

Personally I don't miss any DLC. We have tons of content in the game already from the get-go. Have you TRULY driven and mastered every car in the game? Every track? I'm still finding new things to do and to practice. The AI being so slow on many of the tracks puts a damper on a lot of things but I can still kind of enjoy it as a racing game. For hotlapping and improving your driving ability I'd still rate pCars above everything else due to it's amazingly detailed tire model (even with the bugs and oddities). It's just fun messing around on wet tracks during night time. So content wise I'm more than 100% satisfied.

I really hope SMS can get us a few final bug fixing patches though. Please. Pretty please.

Riccardo De Rosa
23-10-2016, 15:19
What's coming in pC2 isn't just some cosmetic changes, it's a huge leap forwards in all aspects.

http://aws-cf.imdoc.fr/prod/photos/8/3/8/1178838/15415061/tns0-15415061cbd.gif?v=21

poirqc
23-10-2016, 18:05
I agree about the bug fixing. It's really unfortunate that it's not being taken more seriously as there are some well known bugs that could do with a fix. It's of course possible that some of them are very hard to fix/reproduce 100% accurately but still.. a bit more effort on this front would definitely be very much appreciated.

Personally I don't miss any DLC. We have tons of content in the game already from the get-go. Have you TRULY driven and mastered every car in the game? Every track? I'm still finding new things to do and to practice. The AI being so slow on many of the tracks puts a damper on a lot of things but I can still kind of enjoy it as a racing game. For hotlapping and improving your driving ability I'd still rate pCars above everything else due to it's amazingly detailed tire model (even with the bugs and oddities). It's just fun messing around on wet tracks during night time. So content wise I'm more than 100% satisfied.

I really hope SMS can get us a few final bug fixing patches though. Please. Pretty please.

There's a couple gem in there. All weather tire with rain conditions are really fun!

Ryzza5
24-10-2016, 01:37
They are not EA games.

You literally provided your own answer here.
Compare the number of patches and DLC packs pCARS delivered compared to Shift 2 Unleashed. 5x as many, without EA levels of funding. That's pretty darn good.

Mahjik
24-10-2016, 02:16
No matter how long SMS provides/provided patches and/or DLC for pCARS, some will always think it's too short. It's a no win situation. Ian (and company) have been doing this for a long time. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

hkraft300
24-10-2016, 06:43
No matter how long SMS provides/provided patches and/or DLC for pCARS, some will always think it's too short. It's a no win situation. Ian (and company) have been doing this for a long time. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Because we love their work and want MOOOAAARRR!!

bradleyland
24-10-2016, 15:56
I'm really suspicious that the Sony / Fanatec debacle has something to do with the fact that we haven't seen more console patches. This is 100% speculation, of course, but I wouldn't put it past Sony to reject any patches that include non-licensed Fanatec support.

rauf0
26-10-2016, 13:02
What's coming in pC2 isn't just some cosmetic changes, it's a huge leap forwards in all aspects.

Remco, could you enumerate main areas if it's not a secret?

Sankyo
26-10-2016, 13:45
Remco, could you enumerate main areas if it's not a secret?
Currently saying anything may be revealing too much so unfortunately I cannot (I surely would like to :)) and I leave it to SMS to reveal when and what they want.

Dnns84
29-10-2016, 19:11
I totally agree with OP. I am not going to buy a sequel to a game while the first game is still riddled with day 1 bugs. I can't find the source at the moment, but I believe before I bought the game in the launch week, someone from the studio promised a lot of years of support and paid or free DLC. I remember thinking: "wow, I really wish more studios would do this". Turns out also the company that promised this, doesn't even do that.

Mahjik
29-10-2016, 23:56
I believe before I bought the game in the launch week, someone from the studio promised a lot of years of support and paid or free DLC.

If you read that, it wasn't from someone from SMS. However, I will say at times it was hard to tell who was from SMS versus someone who was involved with WMD if you weren't already familiar with how to use the forum username colors.

Erwin Berkers
31-10-2016, 12:19
Well, there is plenty of promise in the "Announcing Project CARS 2" thread by Elmo and Ian:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Closed&p=1007978&viewfull=1#post1007978

Elmo: "To be clear upfront: This doesn't mean support for pCars 1 will stop. SMS will have one team working on improving pCars 1, while the other team starts working on pCars 2."

Followed by Ian: "Guys, it's not even worth repeating it anymore. Just remove those that whinge excessively and those with a brain can judge us by our actions of the next year or so."

Now to be honest, I do support SMS working on PCARS2, don't get me wrong, but I also support that there were claims made during the PCARS2 announcement that made me believe support would continue as in bug fixing or keeping the game in a state for keeping interest.

Content wise I think there is enough, but there are many issues with stability (logged a blue screen crash recently), controller stability (custom settings in combination with the player car refusing to move on tracks without pit lane), and AI (especially the AI not able running two-wide through a corner). I guess others on this forum have their short list as well.

Edit:
In other post Ian states that support will be over the "next year", without "or so", seemingly that the intention has always been max one year:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Closed&p=1008459&viewfull=1#post1008459
Ian says: "People can judge us by our actions over the next year. When we deliver everything for pCARS1 there will still be a sizable fringe contingent who will find something to eff [sic] and blind and scream about."

JessicaWalter
31-10-2016, 12:34
for what it's worth, i too had the impression (during the prerelease days) that it was sms' plan to keep adding dlc for longer than a year. i have no problem with them changing their plans due to unforeseen circumstances, and i will absolutely preorder pcars 2 (and im againt preorders), but i believe that was a talking point that was going around before it was released. ive posted a link to it before during conversations like this. i understand that the game needed to be fixed and such, but i really hope they can do something like that for pcars 2. id much rather spend $60 for dlc every year than buy a new version of the game.

edit: http://n4g.com/news/1573504/project-cars-has-two-year-road-map-for-new-tracks-cars-and-modes

the story is no longer there. i imagine they were told to remove it when sms decided to change the plan.

Mahjik
31-10-2016, 21:18
To be far, SMS never even in WMD said exactly what the DLC/patch lifeline would be for pCARS1. Some WMD members asked about 1-2 years and SMS had replied around the term of "sounds about right". Basically, there was never anything definitively said from SMS as for DLC/patch lifeline and the "2 years" came from WMD members (likely myself as well) reading too much into the SMS comment.

AC is pretty new, so lets see how much/fast the DLC and patches are flowing from them this time next year.

JessicaWalter
01-11-2016, 09:10

that may be the case, but for those of us that had no access to WMD it looked as though Pete Morrish said that there would be 2 years of DLC in an interview. i usually believe people that actually work for the developer.

edit: the myriad of things that went on behind the closed doors of WMD is irrelevant when the vast majority of people will never see it. we get information from interviews, press releases, previews, etc. that n4g article gave the imprsssion that it had been decided and those of us not in the know had no way of learning that the 2 year plan wasn't already decided upon. so at the very least, it was really poor PR on Pete Morrish'/SMS' part.

Mahjik
01-11-2016, 12:12
That's not what I'm referring to (and what most people are referring to). You can find WMD members on other racing forums (and this one as well) as saying "pCARS1 supported for 2 years". Many people mistook those posts as being from SMS, or officially representing SMS in which they never were.

JessicaWalter
01-11-2016, 14:29

you cant blame it all on WMD members. i certainly put a lot more weight into something said by an actual dev. a comment by a random user is unsubstantiated. i think a larger number of people took what Pete Morrish said as confirmation, rather than a "this may or may not be the case."

he got a case of Sean Murray syndrome

Mahjik
01-11-2016, 14:40
Actually, I can and do. Not that you are able to see the discussions from the WMD1 forum, but I looked back to see the conversations. I would say the Pete was doing promotion also for World of Speed. It's possible that the interview you thought you read had the products confused (and thus removed it). I've heard just about all of the interviews with SMS and never heard it mentioned. If you have an example, I'd like to see it.

JessicaWalter
01-11-2016, 15:41
Actually, I can and do. Not that you are able to see the discussions from the WMD1 forum, but I looked back to see the conversations. I would say the Pete was doing promotion also for World of Speed. It's possible that the interview you thought you read had the products confused (and thus removed it). I've heard just about all of the interviews with SMS and never heard it mentioned. If you have an example, I'd like to see it.

you're right, you CAN...but that's an extremely narrowminded perspective that cherry picks evidence that supports your argument. if you actually think some stuff said by people that aren't involved in the making of the game (beyond voting on stuff at wmd and suggesting things, etc, including everything that goes on at wmd forums) compares to the power of something said by someone actually getting paid to work on the game, and has an intimate knowledge of the project, are the same then you are sorely mistaken.

i posted it on the previous page. it was removed. the title of the article is my entire point. it straight up says "project cars", NOT some other game that i dont care about.

edit: my point is THAT'S THE ARTICLE I READ. i didn't get the 2 year info from any other forum or from chatter from some chuckleheads. i saw something that was said by someone i assumed would tell the truth about the game and have knowledge of whether what they said was true or not. if i heard it from random no-names i wouldn't have thought it was true. i would have classified it as a rumor.

Konan
01-11-2016, 15:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

:cool: :rolleyes: :p

JessicaWalter
01-11-2016, 16:43
https://wwe.youtube.com/watch?v=vstNm5xzuKM

Mahjik
01-11-2016, 16:46
you're right, you CAN...but that's an extremely narrowminded perspective that cherry picks evidence that supports your argument.

I have no argument. Regardless of anything discussed in this thread, it doesn't change anything SMS may or may decide to do. I'n simply stating what others don't have the access to read for themselves.

JessicaWalter
01-11-2016, 17:10
and i have no argument either. i was just saying that people didn't make it up. the 2 year plan was actually reported as being factual.

in other news:
massdrop has some gorgeous track layout wall art right now. im considering getting the 'ring and monaco

Erwin Berkers
01-11-2016, 17:28
What SMS employees say, or write in this forum, and what they eventually do are two different things.

Example: no, there is not going to be a season pass. Guess what, there is season pass.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27994-RUMOUR-Racing-Icons-DLC-pack&p=945968&viewfull=1#post945968

Now I don't mind that plans change, but you could write something like "it isn't determined yet" or so. In a positive point of view, if support now has stopped, it can change tomorrow again like the season pass :-) and Elmo was mentioning Porsche in this forum so ...?

AbeWoz
01-11-2016, 17:45
there is a season pass? where?

Erwin Berkers
01-11-2016, 18:14
there is a season pass? where?

It is called the "Project CARS On Demand Pack" in my region, so technically speaking it is not a season pass, because then it would have been called "Project CARS Season Pass".

AbeWoz
01-11-2016, 19:03
It is called the "Project CARS On Demand Pack" in my region, so technically speaking it is not a season pass, because then it would have been called "Project CARS Season Pass".

a season pass (at least to me) is a promotion from the game developer/studio that is available when the game is first released. It costs X and includes Y, etc, etc.

The on-demand pack was released along with the GOTY edition as a way to for those who already own the base game, to essentially upgrade to the GOTY edition.
Example: Forza has their season pass or car pass that includes the first 6 or so car DLC's.
If they released a DLC bundle a year later, it would not be a season pass. It would just be a bundle.

Erwin Berkers
01-11-2016, 20:26
Example: Forza has their season pass or car pass that includes the first 6 or so car DLC's.
If they released a DLC bundle a year later, it would not be a season pass. It would just be a bundle.

I bet all is legally in order, not disputing that at all. I’m not with you in the Forza example, e.g., do you have a statement from Turn 10 saying/writing “no season pass” for comparison so that it be a similar example? This thread is mostly been about communication, I was just giving an example.

As I see it, for those who had not yet purchased the DLC all of it is at a discount (the purpose), and then it works identical as a season pass. Would have been good to know in advance, for example if you just bought a while set based on the information in this forum about the unlikelyhood of such pass, and then the opposite happens?

SMS/Bandai have of course all the right to market in the way they seem appropriate, in the end we (sim enthusiasts) benefit from a successful company that can make more and possibly better content. But let’s not digress, there is still hope for bug fixes and Porsche/DLC!

Dnns84
12-11-2016, 23:51
Before the game was launched SMS promised to keep developing for the game a long time into the future. I don't expect them to do that for free, I am happy to pay for some extra content. But as it stands, the game is still full of day 1 bugs and after only 1 year it's like the devs dropped this game and are only looking towards pCars 2.
As multiple people previously stated: why would we buy a sequel to a game that was never finished and all support stopped after merely one year?
What would I like to see for this game apart from bug fixes and be happy to pay for?
- New tracks, preferably well known tracks off the F1 calendar or perhaps some tracks that are more known for MotoGP, but are also suitable for cars (TT circuit Assen)
- New cars: we already have a DTM Merc, why not the Audi and BMW too? Could lead to some new championships with DRS!
- New cars: update the GT3 field: Lambo Huracan GT3 / Ferrari 488GT3 / Ford GT GT3 / BMW M6 GT3 / McLaren 650s GT3.

Please devs, don't let the game die. It WILL affect the sales of pCars 2 and if those sales numbers aren't high enough, pCars will be done.
Grab this game by the balls one more time, fix it, update it, make it ready for PS VR and PS4 Pro (better framerates, f*ck 4k) bundle it with the new cars and tracks, and sell it to us as DLC and combine with all the other content for a reasonably priced goty edition or whatever so we can have a new influx of players.
Assetto Corsa sucks, it won't be too hard to win those players back.

Zpectre87
13-11-2016, 00:46
Assetto Corsa has a fantastic PR team and many dedicated players who buy such drivel, but it's really the lowest common denominator in sim racing these days.

pCARS is probably the best overall package even though it lacks in some areas.

Advantages of other sims vs. AC:

1) pCARS: Weather, day/night transition, better variety of cars despite less content and licenses (most cars in AC are either road or GT3 cars), far better career mode.
2) rFactor 2: Weather, day/night transition, better FFB (unconfirmed by me but everyone praises it).
3) Raceroom Racing Experience: Actual series licenses (DTM and WTCC), fully modular game (you only buy what you need), fantastic sounds, real racing rules for the series it simulates.
4) iRacing: Arguably the best multiplayer model, oval racing, unique cars other sims don't/can't have (like Daytona Prototypes).
5) Automobilista: Sharp FFB and compatibility with rFactor's huge mod backlog.

I seriously don't know how Assetto Corsa became this huge success. It's emotionless and very "arid", so to speak. The poor performance in the console market shows how overhyped this game is, as in the consoles it does not have its PC modding support and it loses comparisons in pretty much every area. It does not have a deep career mode like Forza, nor the variety and passion of pCARS. I'd even say Kunos have it easier than other studios, as they don't have to simulate different conditions (yet), just daytime with varying track grip levels.

Somehow pCARS became a sort of "villain" in the sim community even though SMS deserves praise for at least trying to push the boundaries of what's possible. AC feels lazy in comparison. AC fanboys often play the victim card, that Kunos achieves a lot with a small budget, but seriously, it's not like SMS, ISI and Sector3 are swimming in money either.

Konan
13-11-2016, 03:45
why would we buy a sequel to a game that was never finished and all support stopped after merely one year?

I don't know why people keep saying stuff like this...especially after a patch just rolled out recently...:mad:

Roger Prynne
13-11-2016, 10:19
My take on the subject.... once pCARS2 is released and word gets around how good it is, people will be queuing up to buy it.

Konan
13-11-2016, 10:33
Meanwhile...people are queuing up for teasers...lol

Roger Prynne
13-11-2016, 12:52
It's too early yet mate :smile-new:

Konan
13-11-2016, 12:58
Can't blame a guy for trying...:p

Stewy32
13-11-2016, 14:25
Just thinking:Was Porsche mentioned in this thread, ever?

Konan
13-11-2016, 14:26
I don't know in this thread but there has been talk about it on the forum...

hkraft300
13-11-2016, 14:50
Just thinking:Was Porsche mentioned in this thread, ever?

I don't know in this thread but there has been talk about it on the forum...

I have it on good authority that Porsche may or may not be in pcars2.

Dnns84
13-11-2016, 15:03
I don't know why people keep saying stuff like this...especially after a patch just rolled out recently...:mad:

Because there are still big problems with the game and pretty much every patch rolled out we read stuff like: slightly adjusted the position of the fuel gauge of car X instead of We fixed the soundbug(s) - we fixed the AI completely ignoring blue flags - we fixed the replays in which cars who participated in the whole race are just sitting stationary on the start-finish straight - we fixed the popup message "pitbox occupied" popping up when I'm on my way into the pits while my teammate is on track, pitlane is empty and I have already announced me coming in for a pitstop - we fixed pitstops that just don't do anything - we added fuel usage x2,3,4,5,6,7 (to keep on equal footing with extra fast tirewear).

Don't get me wrong, I do love the game. I bought it in the launch week, bought every piece of DLC, played it regularly and over the last couple of months I have become really active. I love how I can adjust it to my level and the variety of cars and tracks, but with so many day 1 issues are still unresolved and the answer we get when we ask if pCars will make use of the power of the PS4 pro or when certain bugs will finally be fixed is: "we don't know". How can you not know if you're going to implement a feature making the game have more stable framerates using the extra power provided by the PS4 Pro, even if it is only for single-player? I hope you get that this frustrates a lot of players who are getting annoyed that all focus is towards a sequel, when all we want is a massive update and continued adding of new (paid) content for the game we already have so we can fully enjoy it until pCars 2 comes out in a couple of years.

Konan
13-11-2016, 15:19
Look guys...this is what we mods know: until further notice support is ongoing but further development has stopped...until SMS states otherwise,this is the answer you will get...we can't tell you more if we don't know more ourselves...

Zpectre87
13-11-2016, 20:19
I don't mind not having further DLC. The only things I'd change in the game ATM that are not bugs are the following:

1) Add competitors to some cars. This game is simply begging for a Jaguar XJR-9, a D-Type, an E-Type Lightweight, an Aston DB4 GT and a Holden V8 Supercar. Not much can be done about Gr6 without Porsche, though.
2) Rebalance some classes (especially road).
3) Split GTE from GT3 now that we have 3 good cars in GTE (only missing ones being the 458, the 991 and perhaps the Viper, as the others are too new).

Sankyo
14-11-2016, 08:56
Before the game was launched SMS promised to keep developing for the game a long time into the future.
I don't remember that? I do remember them talking about supporting the game for a 1-2 year time span I believe, which is something different.

I don't expect them to do that for free, I am happy to pay for some extra content. But as it stands, the game is still full of day 1 bugs and after only 1 year it's like the devs dropped this game and are only looking towards pCars 2.
As multiple people previously stated: why would we buy a sequel to a game that was never finished and all support stopped after merely one year?
The answer has also been stated numerous times previously: because the game is finished, just not 100% bug-free. But the remaining bugs falls in either of these categories: 1) minor bugs, so ROI is too small to spend resources on them, 2) bugs requiring major effort with a big risk of breaking something else, or 3) bugs that do need a fix but have not been cracked yet.

On top of that, patching stuff on consoles is even more expensive resource-wise (and money-wise I think), plus perhaps the odd political thing that we don't know of (but that pure speculation from my side).

What would I like to see for this game apart from bug fixes and be happy to pay for?
- New tracks, preferably well known tracks off the F1 calendar or perhaps some tracks that are more known for MotoGP, but are also suitable for cars (TT circuit Assen)
- New cars: we already have a DTM Merc, why not the Audi and BMW too? Could lead to some new championships with DRS!
- New cars: update the GT3 field: Lambo Huracan GT3 / Ferrari 488GT3 / Ford GT GT3 / BMW M6 GT3 / McLaren 650s GT3.
The amount of work and licensing costs involved in all this would make it very expensive DLC that only a few would be willing to pay the required price for. Would surely be nice, but not feasible unfortunately.

Please devs, don't let the game die. It WILL affect the sales of pCars 2 and if those sales numbers aren't high enough, pCars will be done.
History has shown this argument to be false. No game is bug-free, no franchise started with a perfect version of the game and no installment is supported forever, or even for more than a year.

Grab this game by the balls one more time, fix it, update it, make it ready for PS VR and PS4 Pro (better framerates, f*ck 4k) bundle it with the new cars and tracks, and sell it to us as DLC and combine with all the other content for a reasonably priced goty edition or whatever so we can have a new influx of players.
The amount of money this will cost and the ROI of it will be much more certain to put SMS out of business than fully concentrating on pC2 now ;)

Assetto Corsa sucks, it won't be too hard to win those players back.
You must be new to the sim racing scene :p There is so much self-deceit, ignorance, subjectivity and group thinking in sim racing land that simply 'winning back' people is not going to happen :) Perhaps a few, but certainly not that many (and definitely not the loud ones ;)).
I'm deliberatly being a bit cynical here, there are plenty of people on this forum enjoying both titles.

Steph1509
13-12-2016, 07:38

I feeling sorry about that are too less DLC for PC on PS 4. Assetto corsa have done this with their great Porsche Packs DLC. Why not for Project Cars?

Konan
13-12-2016, 07:41
I feeling sorry about that are too less DLC for PC on PS 4. Assetto corsa have done this with their great Porsche Packs DLC. Why not for Project Cars?

...because the DLC for Pcars was preset and all planned DLC has been released...

Sankyo
13-12-2016, 07:45

AC is a different platform and development model - they have a base game and keep adding content for a long time while the game itself remains largely unchanged. pCARS is a game with a finite amount of DLC, after which all resources are moved to make an improved version of the game, pCARS2. The improvements to the base game are not retro-fittable to pCARS1. Also, the financial situation of SMS may not allow them to take the risk of obtaining big licences for DLC only.

gotdirt410sprintcar
13-12-2016, 16:16
P cars will do just fine gt sport might do ok if it ain't forgotten about. And everything in the first post they probably already talked about And are planning anyway. Its really is if Sony will support there customers thats why I think I'm moving to pc with in the year. What will happen on the next console you can still use a g25 on a pc so your limiter your self anyway all games on pc are better

Steph1509
15-12-2016, 10:23
The lifespan of Pcars is how long you choose it to be...
If you're still talking about DLC well...it was made very clear from the beginning what DLC we would get and when it was going to end...
Like[hkraft300] stated the combo's tracks/vehicles are almost endless and the true lifespan of the game lies in the challenge of getting better all the time...challenging yourself against yourself,the AI and real life competitors...
If you're not of that mindset than i'm affraid no number of DLC is going to satisfy you anyway...
Maybe GT or Need for speed is more your scene,unlocking cars as you proceed...i'm not saying that's a bad thing but that's not what Pcars is about and it never should in the future...

I'm very sad about the fact that Assetto Corsa only released new DLC for the PC & PS4. Why does Project Cars can't do this as too? I think some more DLC would keep the community alive! There are so many Cars there are still missing in Project Cars and I think most of fan's would see these Cars in Project Cars too.

I think a good DLC would be "Le Mans Classics" or "Prototyp C Classics":;);)

I think these cars is a must have in Project Cars for the PS 4!!

Porsche 962 Short Tail with several paitings

Porsche 956 with several paintings

Mazda 787 B

Martini Lancia LC2-85

Jaguar XJR 9 LM

Chevron B62

and so on....

Konan
15-12-2016, 10:28
The DLC matter has already been explained numerous times before (even to you personally recently) and while many would agree with you,the fact still remains that DLC for this title has stopped...