PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS powers to 2 million units sold

FS7
25-10-2016, 13:04
http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/news/-project-cars-powers-to-2-million-units-sold

DreamsKnight
25-10-2016, 15:58
It's a good day for teasers about future!

Konan
25-10-2016, 18:05
Every day is a good day for that...:p

cluck
25-10-2016, 18:40
Teasers? Oh, OK then.

Begins with 'S' and rhymes with 'barb'. I know it, you know it, Ian Bell even confirmed it*

* not strictly true, I might have made that bit up╣

╣ a bit like this whole post, to be honest!

cluck
25-10-2016, 18:42
And yeah, about that 2 million. Phenomenal, blinding, brilliant, fantastic, amazing, superb and just downright bloody wonderful* :yes:

* but enough about me, I suppose I should say something about Project CARS too!

Konan
25-10-2016, 18:43
You take the word "teaser" too literally...lol

Konan
25-10-2016, 18:46
And yeah, about that 2 million. Phenomenal, blinding, brilliant, fantastic, amazing, superb and just downright bloody wonderful* :yes:

* but enough about me, I suppose I should say something about Project CARS TWO!

FTFY

TerminatorGR
25-10-2016, 19:40
Absolutely well deserved. The game is by far the best racing right now on consoles and puts GT and Forza to shame.

FS7
25-10-2016, 20:19
The game is by far the best racing right now on consoles and puts GT and Forza to shame.
Agreed, that's what I've been saying since I got the game last year. It still needs improvements in some areas compared to other PC-only sims, but it beats everything available on console in terms of racing experience.

hkraft300
26-10-2016, 00:44
Absolutely well deserved. The game is by far the best racing right now on consoles and puts GT and Forza to shame.

Agreed, that's what I've been saying since I got the game last year. It still needs improvements in some areas compared to other PC-only sims, but it beats everything available on console in terms of racing experience.

I'll 2nd that.
I don't see many used copies floating about in local game stores either.

El Nano
26-10-2016, 18:14
Great. Now we only want a huge patch, which the whole game not a bugfest finally...

Konan
26-10-2016, 18:16
Great. Now we only want a huge patch, which the whole game not a bugfest finally...

Let's try not to turn this thread into a complaint one also please...honour where honour's deserved...:rolleyes:

Markus Ott
26-10-2016, 20:19
May I ask what SMS' initial goal was when pCARS development kicked off?

poirqc
26-10-2016, 20:30
Congratulations SMS!

With that said...

I hope that those nice sales number translate in a nice, carefully balanced FFB, out of the box for pCars 2!

I mean, i somewhat enjoyed understanding pCars 1 FFB system. Nobody forced me. I was able to get something quite good out of it. But personally, I'm not just willing to go through it another time.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
26-10-2016, 21:06
May I ask what SMS' initial goal was when pCARS development kicked off?I'm sure you can find some of the initial projections and targets from the old forums. =)

Ryzza5
26-10-2016, 22:38
Being able to fund development without borrowing from a traditional publisher (such as EA) so as to avoid such a party having creative control.
Being able to involve community in the development and decision-making process.

I know many have a mile-long wish list for this title but what was achieved with a team scattered across the world on a relatively small budget has been pretty amazing. Much of the pC1 profit can now go into future versions such that SMS hopefully become self-sustaining. It may take a while to get to that one killer feature you or I want but they seem to be on the right path.

Ravager619
27-10-2016, 01:06
This news made me really happy. Two million! I don't think I've ever seen a single ad for the game either. This is a very impressive achievement.

LukeC
27-10-2016, 07:02
I bought two copies, still play it today, when I'm not playing AC, and it's still great. This really was a massive achievement, especially on console, and I hope that a significant portion of the profits gets channelled to the development of pcars 2.

TheMattyOnline
27-10-2016, 08:53
I bought the game on Steam, and it didn't run too well on my PC (my ageing PC's fault which has now given up the ghost!), so I picked up a copy for the xbox one.
It's astonishing how well it runs on there to be honest.

I've mainly played iracing, and this game gets a hard time from many over there.
Just reading some of the comments regarding problems with the game, all I can say is they must have been sorted out for the most part. I have had no problems at all and really enjoy the look and feel of it.

If the devs could bring the multiplayer element even halfway close to iracing, I'm not sure I'd need or want to go back, although I guess that may be something for PC2 ;)

Congrats on the sales milestone!

Schadows
27-10-2016, 12:22
The game has been on sales on multiple occasions, but it's still great to reach such a milestone.
Congrats.

Mahjik
27-10-2016, 13:43
I bought two copies, still play it today, when I'm not playing AC, and it's still great. This really was a massive achievement, especially on console, and I hope that a significant portion of the profits gets channelled to the development of pcars 2.

A lot of the WMD folks did something similar. I got the Steam version, but I also wanted the PC Limited Edition sales box so I ordered that from the UK. The box is a momento for me about the WMD experience so it's still shrink wrapped. ;)

cluck
27-10-2016, 14:31
Well, I know where 6 copies went :D

EDIT : I forgot to add, that note was my thank you to SMS for producing the game. I paid for all 6 of those, they were not a gift. OK, so 3 went on to new homes across the globe, 1 went to my parents ('cos my name is in the book inside) and 2 are for me. One is still shrinkwrapped and the other is waiting for me to get my backside to a framers to have it framed :)

hkraft300
27-10-2016, 14:53
I have the LE, metal case and all.
The disc is very, very well used.
And well protected within my PS4. So its safe :D

LukeC
28-10-2016, 00:17
Well, I know where 6 copies went :D

EDIT : I forgot to add, that note was my thank you to SMS for producing the game. I paid for all 6 of those, they were not a gift. OK, so 3 went on to new homes across the globe, 1 went to my parents ('cos my name is in the book inside) and 2 are for me. One is still shrinkwrapped and the other is waiting for me to get my backside to a framers to have it framed :)

You've forgotten to buy the console editions, and the GOTY editions. ;)

cluck
28-10-2016, 09:18
You've forgotten to buy the console editions, and the GOTY editions. ;)If I had a console, you can be sure I would have bought a copy ;). I'm not really into 'collecting', so having each edition didn't really bother me. I might get the GOTY edition one day but, really, I just wanted one copy to frame (with the book open at the page with my quote in it) and another copy to stay in pristine condition in the shrinkwrap :)

TheDoctor46
28-10-2016, 12:36
I think this video fits quite well in here (can still remember watching it first; it was a rainy day at LeMans 24h 2015) Remembering the the 'dark' days in WMD, its even more impressive how this whole concept evolved :)

Congrats SMS for achieving the 2m :applouse:

https://vimeo.com/129999747

cluck
28-10-2016, 12:59
^^^ still one of the best game videos I've seen. JonZ really delivered, and then some, with it :yes:.

Scuderia Paul
29-10-2016, 07:11
Congratulations on achieving the 2m sales landmark. Despite it's many issues early on, some of which still remain, PCars is a fantastic package. It offers huge content, great gameplay and had features which some more recent and upcoming racing titles do not such as dynamic time and weather. All this while looking pretty damn cool too.

It is a brilliant platform for the future. If all the issues and BS are sorted for PCars2 then SMS will be a real force in the sim world in the years ahead.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go race my Toyota TS040-HYBRID at La Sarthe through the night in the rain.

Cheesenium
30-10-2016, 05:35
I think it is a good start for a new franchise which I hope SMS will bring the franchise to new heights with pcars 2.

Ian Bell
30-10-2016, 06:39
I think this video fits quite well in here (can still remember watching it first; it was a rainy day at LeMans 24h 2015) Remembering the the 'dark' days in WMD, its even more impressive how this whole concept evolved :)

Congrats SMS for achieving the 2m :applouse:

https://vimeo.com/129999747

Absolutely cracking video. Just a little more about the success missing from the end for me. But yes, one of the best ever.

Pisshead30
30-10-2016, 08:50
Definitely worth saying well done on 2million sales even though ive had several frustrating 'put it back in the box' issues with the game since I bought it on day one.
However I still think its the most challenging and realistic circuit racing game in my collection with a great variation in the types of cars available some of which are a nightmare to keep on the track lol
(cant compare to Assetto Corsa cos I havnt bought it yet lol)

Patrick73
30-10-2016, 13:14
Not surprised my mate played it for the first time on my console with a steering wheel and he said it was the most fun he's had on a console in ten years,

Pisshead30
30-10-2016, 14:27
Not surprised my mate played it for the first time on my console with a steering wheel and he said it was the most fun he's had on a console in ten years,

Id love to buy a steering wheel but my concern is finding a decent one that would work with all my racing games that doesn't require a mortgage or divorce papers lol

hkraft300
30-10-2016, 14:53
Id love to buy a steering wheel but my concern is finding a decent one that would work with all my racing games that doesn't require a mortgage or divorce papers lol

You don't need any other racing game besides pcars. Don't be ridiculous :p
G29 and T300 work well.
Won't break the bank but can't guarantee it won't hurt your marriage lol

Roger Prynne
30-10-2016, 20:47
You don't need any other racing game besides pcars. Don't be ridiculous :p
G29 and T300 work well.
Won't break the bank but can't guarantee it won't hurt your marriage lol

That depends on a few things though.

hkraft300
31-10-2016, 20:32
That depends on a few things though.

Well that's assuming he's not putting a T150 on a Playseat Red Bull F1 rig.

mister dog
01-11-2016, 18:56
Commercially PCARS has been quite a success. Everything from the WMD project to get it funded, to the overall hype that was generated in our little sim racing world pre release, to finding that void in the console market without any sim orientated racing game on offer at that time... All very wise and 'cunning' business decisions.

http://i.imgur.com/rlF9hIy.jpg

jaredinhouston
02-11-2016, 21:22
I actually bought 2 copies myself, One got lost in shipping so I went to Gamestop to get it. 3 days later the other came in lol