PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - Pagani Edition

marcelo carbon
28-10-2016, 14:50
Project CARS - Pagani Edition

Welcome to this special free edition of Project CARS, featuring a select group of Pagani vehicles and three locations to drive them at.

'Project CARS – Pagani Edition' Features the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion, and three intricately modeled tracks — the Nürburgring and Nordschleife combo, Monza GP, and Azure Coast — along with two game modes, and full VR support on both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as support for 4K screens and traditional displays.

This free, PC-only game has been built around the market-leading Project CARS simulation, and is the result of a unique collaboration with legendary Italian car-maker Pagani Automobili.

Designed to showcase both the very best examples of Pagani’s eponymous supercars along with the world-class technology that underpins the best-selling Project CARS simulation, 'Project CARS – Pagani Edition' is an invitation to encounter the digital integration of high-octane hypercars with cutting-edge racing-game technology.

Vehicles
Huayra
Huayra BC
Zonda Cinque
Zonda R
Zonda Revolucion

Tracks
Nurburgring+Nords combo
Monza GP
Azure Coast

Game modes
Quick Race Weekend
Time Trial

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429180/

BullWinkle
28-10-2016, 15:59
So this is a stripped down version of Project Cars with just the Pagani DLC content?, for free?, great idea SMS/Pagani. We finally got a Demo.:)

RomKnight
28-10-2016, 16:54
Great idea!

cluck
28-10-2016, 17:02
Tis a fantastic idea :) . For anybody out there that still hasn't bought it and didn't want to take a risk, this is a fantastic way to see what the game is about.

F1_Racer68
28-10-2016, 17:14
Great idea. I have already shared it via my Facebook page and my Twitter account to try and get more people trying and buying Project CARS.

Only wish it had come sooner, and that we could also see an early equivalent for Project CARS 2

LogRoad
28-10-2016, 17:57
Sort of an Italian version of BMW M3 Challenge, but more so? Cool. I was just playing the M3 game/builder's demo yesterday.

IrideGravity
28-10-2016, 19:41
I don't even think free zondas will get the player base up enough to go fishing people.
It's GTSport with the next shot at eyeballs and a player base for us.
Good luck on PCars 2. See you then........maybe

Konan
28-10-2016, 19:50
I think this is a record...six posts before someone brings the mood down...:rolleyes:

poirqc
28-10-2016, 21:38
Will this edition works with the regular one in MP?

If someone picks a combo on the pagani edition and there's regular server running that combo, would they be able to join?

Edit - What is the build of this version?

Kroegtijgertje
28-10-2016, 22:01
Wouldn't it be fair to give away the Pagani DLC for free as well?

Roger Prynne
28-10-2016, 22:05
^ Why would they do that?

cluck
28-10-2016, 22:11
Will this edition works with the regular one in MP?

If someone picks a combo on the pagani edition and there's regular server running that combo, would they be able to join?

Edit - What is the build of this version?There is no multiplayer in this free version. It is also a separate product from the main Project CARS game so the build numbers are different.

^ Why would they do that?Indeed. This is not like a full-blown copy of Project CARS, limited to just these cars and tracks. There is no multiplayer, no career, no free practice and no car setup adjustments (they are all fixed to the default setup). It is, if you will, a demo for those who might want to try Project CARS and haven't done so already. You get the physics, the weather, the lighting, the day/night cycle and great VR but if you want the full monty (all the cars, all the tracks, car setups, multiplayer, free practice and career), you buy Project CARS GOTY.

SlowBloke
28-10-2016, 22:43
I don't even think free zondas will get the player base up enough to go fishing people.

Must.... be.... negative at ......all.... costs... its free.... bad..... terrrible... bahhhhh

I just dunno :P....

bmanic
29-10-2016, 01:46
pCars has become a sort of meme in the sim community. You can only play with the popular kids/general public if you publicly state it's crap. Strange cult like behavior. Just look at the mess that is reddit/r/simracing. It's a bizarre place.

Anyhow, I think this is a great way to demo pCars and a very generous freebie from SMS and Pagani.

driver
29-10-2016, 03:17
Thanks for this nice surprise. I followed the crowdfunding saga after just missing out on the sign up deadline. By the time it was finally released, I had already picked up a few other sims which have been more than enough to fill my driving time. Thanks to this new demo, I'll finally give it a look.

hkraft300
29-10-2016, 12:05
I remember a discussion and request for a demo last year.
I think the answer from Bell was that it didn't make any sense economically to put out a demo for pcars1.
However, I do think there's merit in putting out free demos now for pcars1, as it will bring interest for the sequel.

Schadows
29-10-2016, 13:27
A VR compatible demo d(^_~ )
Indeed, it was said demos were hurting sales generally, but now, pcars sales are mostly behind us, and this demo can only bring new customers and VR addict.

Stephen1300
29-10-2016, 19:48
Thanks a lot for this, when I was looking at the minimum requirements for the computer to play Project Cars, I tought mine was too weak so I was waiting until I can upgrade my PC. When I saw this post and the very reasonnable price I decided to try it without too much hope. But Hurray ! My PC is handling it just fine and I am able to try it to my taste. I see a purchase in my near future. I am a PS4 user but I am thinking more and more to make a move. Need new friends...

poirqc
30-10-2016, 01:04
Thanks a lot for this, when I was looking at the minimum requirements for the computer to play Project Cars, I tought mine was too weak so I was waiting until I can upgrade my PC. When I saw this post and the very reasonnable price I decided to try it without too much hope. But Hurray ! My PC is handling it just fine and I am able to try it to my taste. I see a purchase in my near future. I am a PS4 user but I am thinking more and more to make a move. Need new friends...

A couple guy from the PS4 board made the move and don't regret it. As an added bonus, if you're able to run pCars, you'll also be able to run lots of other racing games. There's a couple other that are also quite good.

IrideGravity
30-10-2016, 01:17
Must.... be.... negative at ......all.... costs... its free.... bad..... terrrible... bahhhhh

I just dunno :P....

Not so much. Just stating the facts.
I enjoyed this game to the point of beating the AI at 100%
Once solved. There wasn't much left to do with no online presence
I hope there will be a community of sim racers to race on my pa4 against, but I doubt PCars 2 fixes it either.

So I'm pinning my hope on GTSport next
I want a competitive scene.
Not an empty AI experience.
Just staying my opinion. Address the online net code and maybe try sponsoring a pilot PCars champ.
I want to see sim racing competitive online. And player base growing.
Not in our current solo Driving vs AI state.
That scene is boring once completed.

Konan
30-10-2016, 01:25
Some people do get bored easily...that's not necesseraly due to the game...:rolleyes:

hkraft300
30-10-2016, 02:39
Not so much. Just stating the facts.
I enjoyed this game to the point of beating the AI at 100%
Once solved. There wasn't much left to do with no online presence
I hope there will be a community of sim racers to race on my pa4 against, but I doubt PCars 2 fixes it either.

So I'm pinning my hope on GTSport next
I want a competitive scene.
Not an empty AI experience.
Just staying my opinion. Address the online net code and maybe try sponsoring a pilot PCars champ.
I want to see sim racing competitive online. And player base growing.

No online presence, you say?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

That's just here off this forum. Public MP may be quiet at certain times of the day but competitive league racing it's not lacking for, considering the franchise isn't 1.5 years old yet.
Iracing, GT/Forza have all been around for several years to build that player base.
Consider also that the SIM racing community is a niche market.
No facts here, just anecdote-ish I guess.

Sankyo
30-10-2016, 08:14
Some people do get bored easily...that's not necesseraly due to the game...:rolleyes:

Well if you play the game to 'beat' it instead of it allowing you to race cars, then at a certain point the game may lose its appeal like any other game that really is about making it to the end.

Personally I don't play pCARS as something to beat, but to enjoy driving and racing and there's always something you can improve as long as 'beating the AI at 100%' isn't your final goal. To me it's like 'beating' MS Flight Simulator by landing at every airport in the game, i.e. the wrong approach to the game. But each to his own.

Pisshead30
30-10-2016, 08:37
will this be made available for console users?

Fanapryde
30-10-2016, 09:59
Try the engine restrictor, ever thought of that ?

FS7
30-10-2016, 11:12
A couple guy from the PS4 board made the move and don't regret it. As an added bonus, if you're able to run pCars, you'll also be able to run lots of other racing games. There's a couple other that are also quite good.
I'm one of those guys.
I'm running PCars on a I5 4600 @ 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 750 Ti 2GB. It isn't a high machine but it runs PCars better than PS4, slightly better graphics, much better loading times.
I still think PCars is the best racing experience one can get on console but I'd definitely recommend getting the pc version instead if you can.

Zpectre87
30-10-2016, 12:31
Well if you play the game to 'beat' it instead of it allowing you to race cars, then at a certain point the game may lose its appeal like any other game that really is about making it to the end.

Personally I don't play pCARS as something to beat, but to enjoy driving and racing and there's always something you can improve as long as 'beating the AI at 100%' isn't your final goal. To me it's like 'beating' MS Flight Simulator by landing at every airport in the game, i.e. the wrong approach to the game. But each to his own.

My career is halted ATM because I'm doing quick races instead. In the career I usually qualify high so I rarely have the opportunity to fight through the field. I could just skip qualifying, though.

I'm considering focusing on the main championships in career because I can always go back to the invitationals whenever I want/need to, and the Quick Race mode is a powerful tool to create custom races.

Roger Prynne
30-10-2016, 12:54
My career is halted ATM because I'm doing quick races instead. In the career I usually qualify high so I rarely have the opportunity to fight through the field. I could just skip qualifying, though.

I'm considering focusing on the main championships in career because I can always go back to the invitationals whenever I want/need to, and the Quick Race mode is a powerful tool to create custom races.

Exactly this.

poirqc
30-10-2016, 13:11
Exactly this.

Quick mode is really cool when you want to fight all race long. You start last and climb your way thru.

IrideGravity
30-10-2016, 21:59
Try the engine restrictor, ever thought of that ?

The AI has nothing to teach me in this game. Not considering they're running on entirely different physics and tires than me.
What would be the point?
I know slowing your car is necassarry at the lower tier events to have a good AI race. Detuning for them not something I want to do permanently. They are not so great that I would choose them over a human opponent. They are a known quantity to me. They get the max out of car under breaking all the time and make time on the player. But give away time in one or two corners per track to compensate. Usually the most complex or technical sections.
Once you figure them out. They aren't worth my time. I know exactly what to expect from them every time.
And that's not fun for me. I want humans to race
League racing? You mean clique racing. Been there done that in the small communities of DOZENS of sim racers. I seriously doubt hundreds exist.
Makes it pretty hard to find a league to fit or squeeze into. Couple that with being a competitor and not just some new fishing bait, and leagues suck even worse. If they were even an option to begin with.
I've been there and done that in the league scene. To small and easy to control in small groups.
Notice how dead the league forum sections are. Just complete ghost town.
None exist that excite me in the slightest.
League racing is for wannabes who can't handle a legit service like Iracing.

IrideGravity
30-10-2016, 22:07
Oh and for the record. Not here just to complain. I will be using the demo to test my PC and consider a cheap GOTY edition or wrangling a steam key from someone else for it.

Might be nice to have a look at proper leaderboard functionality.
Another reason I find the console version extremely lacking.
No leaderboards at all. No players online.
Equals no fun for me.
You guys have FUn playin make believe champion with the AI

Mahjik
30-10-2016, 22:18

I have iRacing. Have been a member since the final beta (and hold a Class A road license). I'd rather do league racing somewhere else.

IrideGravity
30-10-2016, 23:18
I have iRacing. Have been a member since the final beta (and hold a Class A road license). I'd rather do league racing somewhere else.

Sounds like something a mod / employee would say.
A true racer knows Iracing is legit.
But I get that legit isn't everyone's cup of tea.
That's why some sim racers are miserable wondering where our multiplayer component is at.
And some are fine in their closed knit sewing circles.
Every time I have this discussion. It's the same story from leaguesters. Our league is so great, we don't hand out invites or seek new members.
Wouldn't want to upset the balance in a series that's already right where they want it.
Their way, with their friends.

Carry on though. Don't count on me searching one out. I know what lurks in the clique racing scene.
Same old garbage. I'll go back to paying iracing or the next developer to attempt a legit online component.

LogRoad
30-10-2016, 23:26
Soon?

Mahjik
30-10-2016, 23:38
http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2016_Sept_KC_Exotics/29553991080_c54e779d68_o.jpg

A true racer knows Iracing is legit.

Yea, you caught me... I'm not a true racer...

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 01:37
[QUOTE=Mahjik;1311563]http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2016_Sept_KC_Exotics/29553991080_c54e779d68_o.jpg

Yea, you caught me... I'm not a true racer...[/QUOTe

Ha-ha. As if a pic of you walking away from an s2000 makes you a legit racer??
Typical wanna B stuff.
Anyone can track day chief. Ever won or placed in anything.
Where's your podium pic?
Seriously though. Proves nothing other than you have possibly been to a track day. Aren't you the cool guy.
Or at least THAT guy.

Cool car if it's yours though.
Inconsequential to being a true racer. But cool.

F1_Racer68
31-10-2016, 01:52
[QUOTE=Mahjik;1311563]http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Honda/2016_Sept_KC_Exotics/29553991080_c54e779d68_o.jpg

Yea, you caught me... I'm not a true racer...[/QUOTe

Ha-ha. As if a pic of you walking away from an s2000 makes you a legit racer??
Typical wanna B stuff.
Where's your podium pic?
Seriously though. Proves nothing other than you have possibly been to a track day. Aren't you the cool guy.
Or at least THAT guy.

Cool car if it's yours though.
Inconsequential to being a true racer. But cool.

Seriously dude? The fact that you don't recognize the great big nasa banner across the windscreen tells me everything I need to know about your credibility and opinion.

bmanic
31-10-2016, 02:03
League racing? You mean clique racing. Been there done that in the small communities of DOZENS of sim racers. I seriously doubt hundreds exist.
Makes it pretty hard to find a league to fit or squeeze into. Couple that with being a competitor and not just some new fishing bait, and leagues suck even worse. If they were even an option to begin with.
I've been there and done that in the league scene. To small and easy to control in small groups.
Notice how dead the league forum sections are. Just complete ghost town.
None exist that excite me in the slightest.

Wow. I can see how you'd have a hard time in a league.. you being such a nice chap and all. :)

bmanic
31-10-2016, 02:05
Seriously dude? The fact that you don't recognize the great big nasa banner across the windscreen tells me everything I need to know about your credibility and opinion.

He is an angry internet warrior with demands. Not worth feeding.

.. though I do agree with his original opinion. The multiplayer component could be a lot better and hopefully is in pCars 2. Still, no idea why he went on such a rant.

Wolfe
31-10-2016, 02:21
This demo could not have come at a better time. I recently replaced my old laptop with a somewhat faster one, and I plan to get a PS4 and PCARS GOTY next month. This runs just barely well enough (15-25fps in time trial) that I was able to establish a baseline for my controller settings, so when I get the full game I can jump right in with only minor tweaks as needed. What a relief! :)

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 02:37
[QUOTE=IrideGravity;1311567]

Ha-ha. I can get one of those too if I fill out a form and send my $45.
Your point is?
Would it make me a legit racer?
Not even close.

Mahjik
31-10-2016, 02:48
http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/NASA/IMAG0110.jpg

There ya go chief...

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 02:59
http://mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/NASA/IMAG0110.jpg

There ya go chief...

Not sure what that means or how it's legit. Don't own a GoPro or what. ?

Anyway. Googled it. Found a video of some time trial stuff. Hardly racing.
Maybe you are the fastest S2000 In CR TTB
Still not impressed.
Looks like maybe you have a fast car and you time trial it and hold a lap record? Who knows. Who cares.

This guy has a GoPro at least. Still not racing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwiUh_GBkoTQAhVX52MKHdnsBMgQwqsBCDgwAg&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=wy3aEtMQz2KJRNWtnL1YAg

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 03:15
Googled the whole title. No hits on your name or the championship. No results at NASA with your name.
Maybe you can explain and show what that is and means.
Just a digital image as far as I can tell.
Hard to be impressed by something you've never heard of and can't find on a Google search.

Mahjik
31-10-2016, 03:17
Who knows. Who cares.

You asked. What are you credentials? What makes your opinion better than others? What real life experience are you bringing to this thread?

iRacing is great for "organizing pickup races". It always has been and nothing will change that. However, that is different than league racing. Those that prefer league racing will still steer towards league racing regardless of the platform. Why did you think iRacing invested in supporting league racing? Even they saw the need. It's an important aspect of sim racing and many prefer it when racing online (regardless of the sim platform). You must have never raced with a good league to have this type of opinion.

The truth is, iRacing has gotten better with it's physics, but it's still fairly off aside from their oval physics. What their platform does well is provide an easy and consistent experience for racing. There are no frills, no hundreds of options to tweak, you just take it like it is and run with it. In that, it excels. Beyond that, it's lacking in some of the more in depth tire concepts that newer sims like rF2, Assetto and pCARS have brought to the table.

The NASA Central Region does a iRacing winter series. You can find it on Facebook. Join up and run with some real racers.

This guy has a GoPro at least. Still not racing.

If you were really sharp, you could find my videos online. They are not hidden...

Mahjik
31-10-2016, 03:20
Googled the whole title. No hits on your name or the championship. No results at NASA with your name.
Maybe you can explain and show what that is and means.
Just a digital image as far as I can tell.
Hard to be impressed by something you've never heard of and can't find on a Google search.

No need. If you don't know what it is, then me explaining it isn't going to help. You can find all the info you need at:

http://www.drivenasacentral.com/contact.php
https://nasaproracing.com/

Konan
31-10-2016, 05:12

So you're one of those guys who says goodbye and than never leaves?

cluck
31-10-2016, 07:44
If you were really sharp...I don't think he's the sharpest pencil in the drawer Mahjik :)

I'll happily take a warning for this, because I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the car crash that is Iride's posts in this thread :encouragement:

Konan
31-10-2016, 07:47
I'll happily take a warning for this:

Consider yourself warned then....:p

Sankyo
31-10-2016, 08:09
And let's get on-topic again.

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 11:27
So you're one of those guys who says goodbye and than never leaves?

Maybe something like that. Pcars is the only thing on PS4 for me. Untill something better comes along, I discuss it here and my opinion is it could be better.
Lack of a comprehensive online component is a hot topic for Sim Racers and I'm just putting my two cents out there until developers or one particular series fills that void. Im here to remind folks league racing isn't an acceptable answer for all for many reasons including scheduling.

Iracings would be my sim of choice if not for the monthly membership fees. So I'm stuck with Pcars and no one to play against ever. So forgive me if I get a little salty at those wirh an attitude of nothing's wrong. League racing is fine. Some of is just want to compete. Not try out for the squad.

F1_Racer68
31-10-2016, 12:16
Maybe something like that. Pcars is the only thing on PS4 for me. Untill something better comes along, I discuss it here and my opinion is it could be better.
Lack of a comprehensive online component is a hot topic for Sim Racers and I'm just putting my two cents out there until developers or one particular series fills that void. Im here to remind folks league racing isn't an acceptable answer for all for many reasons including scheduling.

Iracings would be my sim of choice if not for the monthly membership fees. So I'm stuck with Pcars and no one to play against ever. So forgive me if I get a little salty at those wirh an attitude of nothing's wrong. League racing is fine. Some of is just want to compete. Not try out for the squad.

For the record, it was not your opinions that got some of us riled up, but more so how you presented them (as well as the personal slights towards Mahjik).

I don't disagree with your opinion that the Multiplayer aspect could be better. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly that there is room for improvement.

I do however disagree with your opinion regarding leagues. Of course, I would, since I run one. You obviously had some negative experiences that have coloured your opinion, however don't lump us all into the same category. There are plenty of excellent leagues out there that aren't "cliques" as you put it. Many of us are just like you and just want to compete against skilled racers and for many of us, leagues are the answer as they weed out the wreckers.

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 19:35
For the record, it was not your opinions that got some of us riled up, but more so how you presented them (as well as the personal slights towards Mahjik).

I don't disagree with your opinion that the Multiplayer aspect could be better. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly that there is room for improvement.

I do however disagree with your opinion regarding leagues. Of course, I would, since I run one. You obviously had some negative experiences that have coloured your opinion, however don't lump us all into the same category. There are plenty of excellent leagues out there that aren't "cliques" as you put it. Many of us are just like you and just want to compete against skilled racers and for many of us, leagues are the answer as they weed out the wreckers.

Meh. How many league racers? Try a few, not many. Dozens, likely not hundreds. And in no way even close to approaching thousands.
I can jump into a specific area of rocket league and play with another 5-10k people any time of day any time I want. But I have to go search out a League of exclusive racers who get to make up their own rules and schedules and likely only after they have put a month into training on track before they announce the format.
Only the exclusive league racers don't see that as a monumentally lame way to go about racing. Because they make the rules and benefit from doing so.
But yeah. You knew that and that's why you like it.
Never have to worry about some anti social and unfriendly wanker like me coming in and upsetting the order of things that have already been established.
That's why these never have invites. Me personally? If I had a crew of fast and legit racers.
We would gobble up this kind of talent and try to race them and get them to shut their mouth. Eventually, they can't argue if they can't hang.
As it were, you guys always just talk. Never invite. Some PC guys maybe might here or there. But where's the PS4 groups? Non existent and barren waste land.
When you do land something. It's usually people just looking for fish who are slow, just to beat them. If you're faster, your gonna have a bad time and likely lots of race incidents until you leave.

The term "I run a league" says it all.
I'd prefer to play with A guy who says "I play in a league that everyone helps run"
But that's never League racing is it?

And this pencil is sharp enough to NEVER lose its point.
League racing sucks and it's for exclusive wankers molding their own environment. Not the racers, especially ones coming from the outside of the established circle.

I'll be waiting on a PS4 recommendation though. Haha
Or maybe you can just go have a look at VRoom and see what I'm talking about. An entire website didicated to giving no upfront info so the makers can have an advantage every time they drop in on some under prepared desperate sim racer.
It's the norm, not the exception.

Schadows
31-10-2016, 19:58
Wow, such a biased idea of leagues >__<
To work around the shortcomings of pcars in the online department (lack of performance & safety ranking / matchmaking) I mostly race in open leagues now. "Open" not as "anyone can join" but as "registered user who follow the rules can join even if not at every event since there is not championship". It's just to be sure to race with people around the same level as mine (not fun to run dead last or being alone in first place all the race), and mostly to avoid wreckers.
Most of the comparison with rocket league doesn't stand because it is a very accessible (hence immediately fun) arcade sports game, not a racing sim which require hours of trainings before getting results (getting of track at every corner because you don't know the braking point isn't exactly my definition of fun but who knows).

Ultimately, like I said, I have to use these open leagues because pcars doesn't provide a easy way to race with people at your level, and most importantly, they don't provide a easy way to avoid wrecker (sure you can kick them ... if someone else has seen them doing ill racing).
Autostew / Hamerstew helps with that, but such rating/filtering should be available in every racing sim.

Sankyo
31-10-2016, 20:09
Meh. How many league racers? Try a few, not many. Dozens, likely not hundreds. And in no way even close to approaching thousands.
I can jump into a specific area of rocket league and play with another 5-10k people any time of day any time I want. But I have to go search out a League of exclusive racers who get to make up their own rules and schedules and likely only after they have put a month into training on track before they announce the format.
Only the exclusive league racers don't see that as a monumentally lame way to go about racing. Because they make the rules and benefit from doing so.
But yeah. You knew that and that's why you like it.
Never have to worry about some anti social and unfriendly wanker like me coming in and upsetting the order of things that have already been established.
That's why these never have invites. Me personally? If I had a crew of fast and legit racers.
We would gobble up this kind of talent and try to race them and get them to shut their mouth. Eventually, they can't argue if they can't hang.
As it were, you guys always just talk. Never invite. Some PC guys maybe might here or there. But where's the PS4 groups? Non existent and barren waste land.
When you do land something. It's usually people just looking for fish who are slow, just to beat them. If you're faster, your gonna have a bad time and likely lots of race incidents until you leave.

I'd prefer to play with A guy who says "I play in a league that everyone helps run"

And this pencil is sharp enough to NEVER lose its point.
League racing sucks and it's for exclusive wankers molding their own environment. Not the racers, especially ones coming from the outside of the established circle.

I'll be waiting on a PS4 recommendation though. Haha
Or maybe you can just go have a look at VRoom and see what I'm talking about. An entire website didicated to giving no upfront info so the makers can have an advantage every time they drop in on some under prepared desperate sim racer.
It's the norm, not the exception.
I suggest you stop the constant insults of those who like offline career play and league racing. We get it you only like pick-up online play which pCARS isn't you offering enough of, but that doesn't warrant the belittling attitude you've been hijacking this thread with.

IrideGravity
31-10-2016, 20:11
Wow, such a biased idea of leagues >__<
To work around the shortcomings of pcars in the online department (lack of performance & safety ranking / matchmaking) I mostly race in open leagues now. "Open" not as "anyone can join" but as "registered user who follow the rules can join even if not at every event since there is not championship". It's just to be sure to race with people around the same level as mine (not fun to run dead last or being alone in first place all the race), and mostly to avoid wreckers.
Most of the comparison with rocket league doesn't stand because it is a very accessible (hence immediately fun) arcade sports game, not a racing sim which require hours of trainings before getting results (getting of track at every corner because you don't know the braking point isn't exactly my definition of fun but who knows).

Ultimately, like I said, I have to use these open leagues because pcars doesn't provide a easy way to race with people at your level, and most importantly, they don't provide a easy way to avoid wrecker (sure you can kick them ... if someone else has seen them doing ill racing).
Autostew / Hamerstew helps with that, but such rating/filtering should be available in every racing sim.

Just an accurate portrayal of what I have come into contact with myself repeatedly.
No bias. Just the truth of my experience.
But feel free to dance in and around the details.
That's what you all do. Sit back and say "my league is great, it suits me fine"
While confirming your not really into new invites, unless they talk like you and act like you, and most importantly, race slightly slower than you.
Confirm away. Be my guest.

Still waiting on that PS4 recommendation all. Haha

cluck
31-10-2016, 20:18
Since I didn't get a proper warning last time, I'll push the boat out and make certain I get one this time

League racing sucks and it's for exclusive w***ers

From one w***er to another, kindly f*** off. I'm not going to discuss the name of the league I race with because I know you don't care, you've already made your mind up that we are all, every single one of us, w***ers. Fortunately, I'm not going to tar every single non-league gamer with the same brush, I'm just going to single you out as the sort of person I see on TV and shake my head at wondering "with people like this still breathing, the world is doomed". Congratulations, you've just joined a VERY exclusive club of people I've got on my forum ignore list. Membership of 1. You.

I know I shouldn't bite and I know I should have held my tongue and not posted but views like yours are not welcome. Neither our posts like mine but sometimes, somebody has to put their head above the parapet and say what a lot of people reading your posts are thinking.

hkraft300
31-10-2016, 20:26
Hey Mr super iRacing GTS rocket league racer, how about you start and run your own league?
Pull the best guys from the leaderboards and on this forum since you want a challenge.

By the way, what is your idea of proper racing on pcars?
Or real life for that matter.

Mahjik
31-10-2016, 20:37

I won't say I have driven in every league. I don't own a console, so I have no idea if leagues differ there from PC. However, I will say that most leagues fail because people don't want to help out. Pretty much every league I've been a part of wants members to help run things, but most just want to be drivers. If you really want to help a league, trust me, there are plenty of leagues out there who want/need members to assist.

hkraft300
31-10-2016, 20:45
I've raced leagues that 1 guy has set up and biased for himself to be competitive.
I've raced leagues where the league mods don't ever race, only marshal/stream.
I've raced leagues that have a great variety of cars/classes, different tiers for GT3, variety of tracks, inclement weather, pit strategy, everything you can do with pcars + things pcars can't but the boys have found clever solutions around it (not modding but like rolling starts/safety cars etc).

Not sure what Mr. Non-league-race-w***** is on about.

Konan
31-10-2016, 23:43
Just an accurate portrayal of what I have come into contact with myself repeatedly.
No bias. Just the truth of my experience.
But feel free to dance in and around the details.
That's what you all do. Sit back and say "my league is great, it suits me fine"
While confirming your not really into new invites, unless they talk like you and act like you, and most importantly, race slightly slower than you.
Confirm away. Be my guest.

Still waiting on that PS4 recommendation all. Haha

I think we've been patient enough since Remco asked to get back on topic in post #50...i'm just sorry i wasn't around to do it sooner...goodbye

F1_Racer68
01-11-2016, 00:45
So, just to get back on topic, does anyone have any idea how successful the demo has been? Is anyone at SMS able to get download data?

Konan
01-11-2016, 00:50
I have no idea but i'm sure the numbers will come up SMSoon...:cool:

hkraft300
01-11-2016, 02:15
I have no idea but i'm sure the numbers will come up soon...:cool:

Might prove worthwhile for a console release of the Pagani demo.

F1_Racer68
01-11-2016, 02:20
I have no idea but i'm sure the numbers will come up soon...:cool:

I'm sure you actually meant to say "SMSoon", right? :D

Konan
01-11-2016, 05:26
I'm sure you actually meant to say "SMSoon", right? :D

...fixed...;)

Schadows
01-11-2016, 08:30
So, just to get back on topic, does anyone have any idea how successful the demo has been? Is anyone at SMS able to get download data?As accurate as steamspy (https://steamspy.com) can be, it seems the demo (https://steamspy.com/app/429180) was downloaded around 90k times.
Not sure how many download transformed into purchase, but the full game player base (https://steamspy.com/app/234630) have gone from estimated 515k to 538k in the last 3 days.

F1_Racer68
01-11-2016, 10:05
As accurate as steamspy (https://steamspy.com/app/429180) can be, it seems the demo was downloaded around 90k times.
Not sure how many download transformed into purchase, but the full game player base have gone from estimated 515k to 538k in the last 3 days.

Thanks for that!

I would say that is a success then.

cluck
02-11-2016, 08:54
I'm sure you actually meant to say "SMSoon", right? :DAhem, it's SMSoon™ :p

On a more serious note, my apologies again to the mods and everybody here for my earlier outburst :o.

F1_Racer68
02-11-2016, 12:38
Ahem, it's SMSoon™ :p

On a more serious note, my apologies again to the mods and everybody here for my earlier outburst :o.

Not easy to add the TM symbol from a phone keyboard, sorry. Thanks for fixing it :P

Pisshead30
02-11-2016, 14:46

anybody know be nice to have these cars on ps4 as dlc

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
02-11-2016, 15:24
Not easy to add the TM symbol from a phone keyboard, sorry. Thanks for fixing it :PReally? On mine it's easier than on the PC. =)

F1_Racer68
02-11-2016, 17:42
Really? On mine it's easier than on the PC. =)

Well, it could be a case of a PEBKAC error (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) on my end. ;)

Anything is possible....lol

Sankyo
02-11-2016, 20:25

Not sure whether releasing on Steam is completely free, but I'm pretty sure getting something released for free on consoles certainly isn't for free for SMS. So I don't think it will be released on consoles, but I might be wrong.

Schadows
02-11-2016, 21:04
Well, to begin with, making this demo wasn't free to make at all (all wmd members and educated gamers know ... a demo doesn't make itself ;p).

The time needed to release anything on consoles store have proven to be quite ... longer than on Steam. If Pagani funded that little "brand awareness" expansion of theirs (wasn't it said before that Pagani settled for car licenses against a custom version of pcars?), I would be odd not to target the "wider" console market too.
On another of Shiva's hand, if it is "just" a way for SMS (with the agreement of Pagani) to provide a VR demo, it would make no sense to port it to console where pcars doesn't support VR.

EDIT : As stated on the latest WMD Portal news (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-%E2%80%93-pagani-edition%E2%80%99-free-game-screams-onto-steam/), the demo is PC-Only.