PDA

View Full Version : 55 & older on ps4....???

skip7950
05-11-2016, 03:12
I have just joined this forum...looking to find out how many members here would be classified as 'seniors'.... I am 66, and am passionate about sim racing...so let me know who you are, how old, and where in the world ya are!!!
Maybe we can organize some events just for us??? If anyone knows of a current senior league, please clue me in....I am in central US time zone...
Thanks!!!
Skip7950

GUTTER-BOY
05-11-2016, 05:25
Hit us up at Half-Fast Racing ( www.halffastsimracing.com ). Most of us are mid-30s to early-60s. Fun racing, lots of smack talk (joking) and great competition. We have a Friday Night Series (10:30pm EST) and a Sunday Series (1:00pm EST). A majority of us are from the US, and we have racers from the UK, Canada, Sweden, Germany and Australia. I'm 52 and in Denver.

Friday Series - PSN: cheezz_Kracker

Sunday Series - PSN: GUTTER-BOY

maxx69
08-11-2016, 06:49
try PSN Maverick944 , he's a 64(probably 65 now :/) American guy who races fairly regularly .
or join us "Marmite Racing Community " we have an adult racing group , good atmosphere , regular championship races and meets .
PSN me Maxx69.
most of us are in our 30's -forty +'s and we have a wide skill selection .
http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin.com/forum

edit:
we are mainly European (or brexit ;) ) this suited our friend maverick as he was racing in the afternoon , leaving his evenings free

Rosinbag1
14-11-2016, 02:20
I'd be up for that, will check out the links, 52 y/o novice racer and up for clean, fun racing. PSN Rosinbag1

lollygag
15-11-2016, 00:11
I think if your 55 or older your supposed to have a PC.

Fanapryde
15-11-2016, 06:50
:biggrin-new:
I'm 64, I have a PC (only for sim racing, otherwise on Mac) :smile-new:
On the other hand, four years ago I was on PS4, so...

racesafegrandad
15-11-2016, 12:28
I am 71 years old and am now winning approximately one in every six races. [took a long time to get that fast] and my son is Magician99 and he is almost unbeatable racing F1 cars on Project Cars and gives his Dad some lessons on how to race.
See racesafegrandad on circuit and move over sunshine!

racesafegrandad
15-11-2016, 12:30
How dare you sir! I am 71 years old and have a PS4! :)

skip7950
17-11-2016, 02:27
Gutterboy,
I joined the other day, but right now I work Friday nights and Sunday all day....so don't know when I can race with you guys ��

skip7950
17-11-2016, 02:30
Maxx69,
I just joined and sent you a message..thanks!

skip7950
17-11-2016, 02:33
Rosinbag1,
Check out the two posts about racing gig sites...why not join too?

skip7950
17-11-2016, 02:34
[QUOTE=lollygag;1313256]I think if your 55 or older your supposed to have a PC.[/QUO

I do still have a PC...windows 98 vintage!!!! :smile-new:

skip7950
17-11-2016, 02:52
Hey rosinbag1...
Why not join the two racing gig sites in the thread replies....I just did!!!:cool:

Rosinbag1
18-11-2016, 00:10
Hey rosinbag1...
Why not join the two racing gig sites in the thread replies....I just did!!!:cool:

Busy week and just getting to joining these

GUTTER-BOY
18-11-2016, 20:28
Hey skip and Rosin - sorry about the problem signing up on our Half-Fast website. I'm working with the website company to get it sorted out. Thanks for your patience.

You can find our league's race info here on P-CARS in the PS4 event planning forum, and on GT Planet. Most of our racers use the website for the countdown clock because of all of the different time zones our racers live in (US, Canada, UK, Sweden, Germany, Australia, etc.). Our Friday Night Series races happen at 10:30 pm (Eastern Standard Time) and on Sunday at 1:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time). The countdown clocks make it easier to be logged on at the right time.

And skip, it's no problem if you can't make all of the league races. Jump on with us when you can, and you'll meet 115+ members of Half-Fast that you can race with even outside of the "official" races.

TcbSoCal
13-12-2016, 04:28
How dare you sir! I am 71 years old and have a PS4! :)

Hello all..52 years young (cough cough) here. Had PC's and Mac's, but decided to just simplify to a PS4 and PCars -- started 1 week ago.

LTNINGFan
13-12-2016, 14:10
Hi gents, new here, and not I'm 55 or older, but 49. Kudos to all you other guys in your 60's and even 70's in here.

GrimeyDog
16-12-2016, 16:50
I have just joined this forum...looking to find out how many members here would be classified as 'seniors'.... I am 66, and am passionate about sim racing...so let me know who you are, how old, and where in the world ya are!!!
Maybe we can organize some events just for us??? If anyone knows of a current senior league, please clue me in....I am in central US time zone...
Thanks!!!
Skip7950

Nice!!!... Im 47 and Have No plan to Give up Sim Racing!!!
I plan on Sim Racing Well beyond 55!!! Matter of Fact i plan to Retire at 55 and will have More Time to Devote to Sim Racing:yes:...Well Maybe i will work part time to Fund My Sim Racing Addiction because Sim Racing Gear is getting a bit Pricey:encouragement:

I have Raced with Half Fast Sim Racing and i can Vouch that they are a Classy Group:yes: You will Enjoy Racing with them...Matter of Fact im Going backto Racing with them if i can ever Pull My Self off PC Pcars:p LOL

Whats your Gamer Tag??? I will Add you as Friend.

Im in NYC.
PSN Tag Grimey_Dog
Steam & XB1 Tag GrimeyDog

Dalton1980
16-12-2016, 18:27
Hi bud can I just ask as I'm new to the game so I'm not fast at all but looking for some good clean racing 😂😂 or are you all quick guys

Keener
19-12-2016, 19:06
Just this minute joined as I need some help. As for my age, well that's just a wee bit beyond 72. Now to find the proper thread for my problem.

TcbSoCal
20-12-2016, 23:40
Hi gents, new here, and not I'm 55 or older, but 49. Kudos to all you other guys in your 60's and even 70's in here.

I just won my first career race as a Formula Rookie last night .. even though the opponent level was set at grannie/30 I stayed between the white lines (out only once) used a lot of brake no crashes into anyone. I'm proud as the day I graduated junior high, although it's been so long if you asked I would not remember when that was.

OpenRoad
23-12-2016, 13:20
I currently race with halffastsimracing on Friday nights and have been having a blast, usually trying to stay ahead of Gutter-Boy as a goal...lol. Great bunch of guys willing to help each other out.

GUTTER-BOY
01-01-2017, 06:51
@OpenRoad: What do you mean "trying to stay ahead of GUTTER-BOY"? If I recall, I think you you've been ahead of me in every race. You're not taking my last place participation trophy without a fight! Lol. Can't wait to start racing again with you guys on Friday nights. My schedule is changing soon, so I'll be back on the track with you.

The Sunday series has been crazy, with different winners nearly every week. Next months mixed class LMP1 and GT3 series will be incredible. There's nothing like blasting along Le Mans at night at 180 mph in a GT3 battling for position with another GT3 car and having LMP1s fly by you nose-to-tail at 210+ mph.

After that we'll probably do Group A or Group 5 races.

Mark_LD
01-01-2017, 19:04
Howdy Sports Fans!
Age 53,
run on a PS4
Project Cars/F1 2016/Dirt Rally and a smattering of other sims
Host of PRL Racing League PCars GT-3 series
psn: fifild

Moonshine League
01-01-2017, 23:27

Cough...

I had PS probably before you were born and still own ALL of them.. And I also have race games on PC..

I am 57 :p

Marcoliverpool
02-01-2017, 18:16
I am 49 years old - and I am playing PS4 since XMAS (my son got one... and I bought the PCars the same day)

NYCougar
03-01-2017, 11:27
In our group of fair and fast driver we have Vorsprung-DTECH, i think he's over 60 years old but he's just as fast a the rest of us.
He won't add people he has not met or driven against i think.

But worth looking out for this grandpa :-)

lew
03-01-2017, 18:49
I'm 76 and just starting out. I got hooked on RR3 using an iPad a few years ago and although I haven't used it in a year I just haven't been able to shake the need to climb back in. Just purchased a PS4 and a G29 so it's off to the races - that is, until my wife decides to throw me out. Hope you kids don't beat up on me too much.

Socket Toomy
04-01-2017, 20:45
I'm 40 is that too young? I'm East Coast and always looking for great drivers, sim and on-track!

racesafegrandad
06-01-2017, 09:09
I'm 76 and just starting out. I got hooked on RR3 using an iPad a few years ago and although I haven't used it in a year I just haven't been able to shake the need to climb back in. Just purchased a PS4 and a G29 so it's off to the races - that is, until my wife decides to throw me out. Hope you kids don't beat up on me too much.

I'm 72 and have a PS4 and a G29 just like you. I 'started out' racing on P.Cares just over a year ago. I need to give you a warning. You wife will throw you out because you will become hooked! I now go racing almost every day for just a few minutes and spend the next three hours racing! Also when I started I was left for dead by all the other racers. Now I will win on average one in every five races online. :)

racesafegrandad
06-01-2017, 09:11
I'm 40 is that too young? I'm East Coast and always looking for great drivers, sim and on-track!

Yes little boy, You need to move over when you see us 72 year old's who want to lap you!

SCClockDr
07-01-2017, 00:37
I'm 70 years young and just got started with PCars. I raced motorcycles IRL in my youth. My grandson got me into GT on PS2 during summer visits many years ago. Then a long break till I was gifted with a PS3 and GT5. I've been active in the Geezers group on GT6 though many are migrating to PS4. I'll be looking for you online.

PSN ID's SCClockDr29379 & SCClockDr-GT5 so far on PS4.
Just added GZR_SCClockDr account to the PS4, this will be my primary account for online racing.

skip7950
07-01-2017, 15:54
Wow guys...I have been neglecting my own thread badly! Lots of responses I hadn't read yet!
Since I started this, I have made racing buddies with racesafegrandad (see above) and we try to run together once a week on different tracks...Mostly driving gt3 cars.
I also have joined 2 leagues driving these cars (McLaren 12c gt3) an am learning fast!! Racesafegrandad took me under his wing and made me a much better driver very quickly....Many thanks!
I drive mostly Monday thru Thursday in the late AM to evening hours (central time zone - US)...My PSN tag is skip7950...Look me up if you are available those days/time frames!
I take this seriously as my retirement recreation focus, so I do not race with trolls or anyone who just wants to play bumper cars on track...Just to let everyone know.
Hope to hear from ya!

skip7950
07-01-2017, 15:58
I'm 70 years young and just got started with PCars. I raced motorcycles IRL in my youth. My grandson got me into GT on PS2 during summer visits many years ago. Then a long break till I was gifted with a PS3 and GT5. I've been active in the Geezers group on GT6 though many are migrating to PS4. I'll be looking for you online.

PSN ID's SCClockDr29379 & SCClockDr-GT5 so far on PS4.

OK, I will be looking for you too!!

Paul Bee
07-01-2017, 19:50
55 later this year. Completely new to PS4 and Pcars. Haven't got a clue how to go about getting involved in the online race community. Hopefully I'll find some answers here. Hope to join you in some track action soon, once I've got to grips with Pcars and figured out how on earth I get set up for online racing.

lew
07-01-2017, 20:38
She's already giving me that look. Hoping to get up to speed enough to where I can join in online without causing too much of a roadblock. Nice to know that there are other old folks out there and I may not be totally insane.

skip7950
08-01-2017, 03:58
55 later this year. Completely new to PS4 and Pcars. Haven't got a clue how to go about getting involved in the online race community. Hopefully I'll find some answers here. Hope to join you in some track action soon, once I've got to grips with Pcars and figured out how on earth I get set up for online racing.

Hi Paul,
Well, in order to get started online with pcars, you have to first get setup with PSN to go online. This is done by purchasing a membership in PSN Plus....You can do this on your ps4 console. I can help you if you can't find it. Once you subscribe to Plus, you then can do any online game or activity on PSN.
You say you are new to Pcars...If so, I would strongly recommend you dive into this game and learn all you can about the cars, tracks, etc...Take cars out on a certain track and start getting the feel of how to drive them at high speed....I take it you are new to video game sim racing of any kind? If so, you do have a steep learning curve ahead...But a lot of fun to have with it!
Going online right away can be daunting, because as you learn how to join in open race sessions, you will find a lot of jerks out there who will use your car for target practice....You will get wrecked a lot by these trolls and become frustrated.
It is much better to set up friends on PSN, and try to hook up with some of them in 'private' race rooms where only the invited can join in, thereby controlling who you are racing with....Much more enjoyable and satisfying.
If you want, send me a private message here on this forum and we can start a conversation in more detail on all this...Just click on my sign-in name top left of post (skip7950), then click private message..This starts a conversation thread independent of this public one.
Skip L.

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:01
She's already giving me that look. Hoping to get up to speed enough to where I can join in online without causing too much of a roadblock. Nice to know that there are other old folks out there and I may not be totally insane.

Lew,
See my post to Paul above...Regarding online PSN stuff...I will help you too if you like.
Skip L.

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:07

Hi Socket..
Great name you chose! Socket toomy 😁
Love to race with ya...My PSN tag is skip7950...Friend me if you want and then let's hook up when possible!
Skip

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:09
Howdy Sports Fans!
Age 53,
run on a PS4
Project Cars/F1 2016/Dirt Rally and a smattering of other sims
Host of PRL Racing League PCars GT-3 series
psn: fifild

Hey Mark..Good to see you out here too! You feeling better????
Looking forward to racing the Glen with ya!!!
Skip

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:15
Hi bud can I just ask as I'm new to the game so I'm not fast at all but looking for some good clean racing 😂😂 or are you all quick guys

Hey Dalton..
Sure, I will drive with ya...My PSN tag is skip7950...Friend me up and we can hook up when we can...I will help you get better, paying forward what others have taught me...Catch me Monday thru Thursday in afternoons mostly on PSN.
Skip L.

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:21
Nice!!!... Im 47 and Have No plan to Give up Sim Racing!!!
I plan on Sim Racing Well beyond 55!!! Matter of Fact i plan to Retire at 55 and will have More Time to Devote to Sim Racing:yes:...Well Maybe i will work part time to Fund My Sim Racing Addiction because Sim Racing Gear is getting a bit Pricey:encouragement:

I have Raced with Half Fast Sim Racing and i can Vouch that they are a Classy Group:yes: You will Enjoy Racing with them...Matter of Fact im Going backto Racing with them if i can ever Pull My Self off PC Pcars:p LOL

Whats your Gamer Tag??? I will Add you as Friend.

Im in NYC.
PSN Tag Grimey_Dog
Steam & XB1 Tag GrimeyDog

Hey Grimey..
My tag is skip7950..
I was going to join half fast, but their race days and times wouldn't work for me so I joined PCL and AOR instead....Lets hook up and race! 🏁🏁🏁

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:24

Hey Ltning....
If you want to hook up and race, friend me at PSN ...My tag is skip7950....
Skip L.

skip7950
08-01-2017, 04:28
Hello all..52 years young (cough cough) here. Had PC's and Mac's, but decided to just simplify to a PS4 and PCars -- started 1 week ago.

Hey SoCal...
See items I wrote to others above here about giving help if you need it getting rolling with Pcars, etc....Like to pay it forward all the help I received from others out here.
Message me if you like or friend me on PSN..
Skip L.

Paul Bee
08-01-2017, 11:28
Hi Paul,
Well, in order to get started online with pcars, you have to first get setup with PSN to go online. This is done by purchasing a membership in PSN Plus....You can do this on your ps4 console. I can help.........

Thank you for help on this Skip, PM sent.

sirsilver1968
15-01-2017, 19:21
I'm 49 and I love racing, I took a 6 month sabbatical from project cars well to be precise from gaming in general, I recently picked up the goty edition off the pan store which is a bargain at 16 and I have missed playing this beauty along with my g29, p cars dash and crew chief.

lew
15-01-2017, 21:04
Can anyone tell me how to friend someone and how to get into one the geezer racing groups? I've just started out and have no idea how to go about doing this. Being old has its drawbacks... My handle is biglew364.

skip7950
16-01-2017, 01:37
Can anyone tell me how to friend someone and how to get into one the geezer racing groups? I've just started out and have no idea how to go about doing this. Being old has its drawbacks... My handle is biglew364.

Lew, write to 'scclockdr'....Because been active in Geezers groups for years, and I am sure he will help you...He has a post on page 4 of this thread, so you can reply to his post and ask your question...
Skip7950

SCClockDr
16-01-2017, 10:22
Hey lew, I sent you a PSN Friend Request.

TcbSoCal
18-01-2017, 17:52

Hello biglew364. Assuming you are on Playstation, I will go thru step-by-step on how I send a friend request. I apologize in advance if it is too simple, I am not sure how familiar you are with PS4.

At the Home screen on PS4, navigate to your "PROFILE" icon, and select.
Once there, on the left column, navigate to the "FRIENDS/COMMUNITIES" icon, and select.
At this time, you should see a list of "Friends" on the right hand column. Navigate to the "VIEW ALL" option, and select.
You will now see, on the left column, the "SEARCH" option at the top. This is what you want. Navigate to the "SEARCH" option, and select.
At this time, you can enter the PSN ID, and search for the member you would like to invite to be friend.
Please note there are MANY PSN members, so the IDs are often similar -- take care to select the correct ID.

To accept the friend request, you just have to select the "FRIEND REQUEST" message, and look for the option to accept the invitation. I sent you a friend request so you can try this step out -- you can reject the "friend" any time.

I am sure this is not the only way to send friend request, but as I am new, this is the way I use. other members can share their ways, and teach us all. Hope this helps.

lew
18-01-2017, 18:38
Thanks to skip7950, scclockdr, and tcbsocal! You guys have been a big help. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it! One more question: How do I learn how to make pit stops? They seem to be closed during practice sessions.

hkraft300
19-01-2017, 00:06
Thanks to skip7950, scclockdr, and tcbsocal! You guys have been a big help. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it! One more question: How do I learn how to make pit stops? They seem to be closed during practice sessions.

Start a quick race weekend session with qualifying. You can box and practice and figure out the pit strategy and settings.
Tip: match your pit strategy tyre pressures with your car setup. Symmetric = all 4 compounds same. Asymmetric = different compounds of your choice.

TcbSoCal
20-01-2017, 14:51

Hello lew
Are you referring to the questions of what button/option to select to access the Pit screen in order to make adjustments? If that is your question, are you in "PRACTICE" mode? "SOLO EVENT / SOLO RACE" mode? Depending on where you are I can write the steps to get to the PIT screen for adjusting your car setup

lew
20-01-2017, 16:54
TcbSoCal: I guess I had an image of driving into pit lane and stopping at the right place. So, there's a button and I'm in? I see in practice that you press the option key and then select pit option. Some races require that you make a pit stop and I can't see how that would work in the middle of a race. Thanks for the tip hkraft300! I'll keep that in mind.

Roger Prynne
20-01-2017, 17:35
Pit stops work OK when in a race, but you really need to set up a pit stop strategy.

TcbSoCal
20-01-2017, 19:37
TcbSoCal: I guess I had an image of driving into pit lane and stopping at the right place. So, there's a button and I'm in? I see in practice that you press the option key and then select pit option. Some races require that you make a pit stop and I can't see how that would work in the middle of a race. Thanks for the tip hkraft300! I'll keep that in mind.
lew: I have limited experience in the game, but I will share what I know -- more experience players feel free to correct me..you will not hurt my feelings :).

If you are referring to the graphics of driving though pit lane, having your car stop at your pit location, that actually happens in a full-blown race. When I go online to race with others, and I have to pit (depending on car damage, race requirements, etc.) I would enter the pit lane and (at this time the game/software takes over and you do not steer or control your car) your car stops at your pit location. During this stop, your car gets refueled, repaired, your engineer berates you on your (mine) inability to brake, etc, and once all required steps are done to get your car back to the desired condition, then your car (still being controlled by the software) is allowed to leave your pit location. At this time you should get ready to take over control as soon as you exit pit lane for further humiliation and additional auto-related wreckage. There is a time associated with each pit stop obviously, and the other racers continue on, so the more you stop (to fix, adjust, etc) the more time you lose, and the more humiliating it is (hahaha I'm just talking about myself here). That is why the pro's with this game create and save "PIT STRATEGIES" (see below). To get to PIT LANE to get your car fixed/adjusted during a race, the OPTION button is not allowed, so you have to learn the track and remember where the PIT entrance is, because that is the only way to access PIT LANE during the race.

DURING PRACTICE sessions, you can use the OPTION button on your controller to access the PIT SCREEN at any time to modify or reset your car. For example, if your game setting allows for damage (mechanical and/or visual), the damage incurred will affect the gameplay and you will want to reset to get the new car feel. Therefore, DURING PRACTICE session, you hit the OPTION button to go to the PIT screen and modify or reset your car condition/setup. So for actual example (a VERY simple one), once again I will use my fine self. I have just started and am in the Formula Rookie car. I go to the PRACTICE session, and learn through driving that there are certain setup for my car that works well during dry condition, while other setup is better under wet condition. I then save the preferred setting for wet condition, giving it a name (OH NO IM WET for instance). This becomes my PIT STRATEGY for a situation when I start a race when its dry but mid way through the race, it starts raining and I have to come into the pit to change my car setup. Of course, it can get very complicated as all adjustable features of your car are saved (fuel, downforce settings, linkage do-hickies, etc etc etc) are saved as well and so if you enter a race with a car set up for speed in straight sections, but you find out you need a car set up for cornering (or better balance or whatever) and you have it pre-saved in a PIT STRATEGY saved set-up, it is as simple as entering PIT lane and selecting your pre-saved file, instead of having to monkey around with all the posible adjustments during a race, where time is of the essence.

I hope this makes sense. Again, this is how I see it, but I am very new to this game, so by tonight when I get on, I might find I am totally wrong and I am full of it :). Let me know what you think and if it helps.

Roger Prynne
20-01-2017, 23:12
You got it all wrong my friend, the car setup stays the same no matter what pit strategy you use, the only thing you can change is the fuel, tyre types and pressures, plus fix any damage if you want/need to.

hkraft300
21-01-2017, 04:44
When you box during quali/race, a menu pops up. Select strategy, edit strategy and close menu.
Select appropriate strategy, edit to adjust compounds, pressures, fuel and damage.
Pit crew won't start work on the car until you close the menu. So be quick and have it sorted before you reach your pit box.
Hence why it's recommended to save a strategy pre-race.
Also if you don't (or don't select correct strategy) pit crew may give you wrong pressures and ruin your handling!
Endurance racing tip: when double-stinting tyres going into dusk, it pays to drop your pressures slightly to help maintain tyre temps and grip. Opposite for going from night to morning :)

lew
22-01-2017, 16:34
Wow! You mean I have to actually think about what to do during a pit stop? I only started with half a brain and at my age that has mostly deteriorated away. This is going to be interesting. Thanks for all your help!

hkraft300
22-01-2017, 19:05
Not really. It's why your strategy is saved before the race (save multiple strategies ;) ).

Pit crew do the math for cold vs hot pressure.

mr52pickup
24-01-2017, 16:56
Hi guys. I, too, am a 55+ (60 actually) and play pCARS on the PS4 platform, although I recently bought the PC version for dabbling in custom livery creation. I'm not really a gamer at all, my console's main purpose is for pCARS, and the upcoming new version, as well as probably GT Sport. I've been playing pCARS occasionally for a year or so now, but have recently dived into it more seriously with intent on joining some online races. I see some of the threads to this post mention some organized regular races; I'd be interested in joining some.

Personally, I prefer racing street cars or street-car-based race cars. By the same token, I also find myself gravitating to the 'regular road' tracks, like Bennochbrae, California and Azure coast, Ruoen Les Assarts, etc. I find the curves and bumps more fun than the flat, made-for-high-speed race courses. But, hey, they're all good.

I have a friend who is in his mid 60's who is DEFINITELY NOT a gamer, or techie, at all. But he loves high performance cars and my son got him hooked on Gran Turismo; he went out and bought a PS3 and plays the game until his fingers hurt him so bad that he has to take breaks from the game occasionally.

skip7950
03-02-2017, 16:04
Hi guys. I, too, am a 55+ (60 actually) and play pCARS on the PS4 platform, although I recently bought the PC version for dabbling in custom livery creation. I'm not really a gamer at all, my console's main purpose is for pCARS, and the upcoming new version, as well as probably GT Sport. I've been playing pCARS occasionally for a year or so now, but have recently dived into it more seriously with intent on joining some online races. I see some of the threads to this post mention some organized regular races; I'd be interested in joining some.

Personally, I prefer racing street cars or street-car-based race cars. By the same token, I also find myself gravitating to the 'regular road' tracks, like Bennochbrae, California and Azure coast, Ruoen Les Assarts, etc. I find the curves and bumps more fun than the flat, made-for-high-speed race courses. But, hey, they're all good.

I have a friend who is in his mid 60's who is DEFINITELY NOT a gamer, or techie, at all. But he loves high performance cars and my son got him hooked on Gran Turismo; he went out and bought a PS3 and plays the game until his fingers hurt him so bad that he has to take breaks from the game occasionally.

Hi mr52pickup!
Always good to find another 60 plus racer out here!
I am only on ps4, but if you wanna drive together my psn tag is skip7950, so send me a friend request and we can hook up.
I am not really fast yet, but am improving steadily. I do race in a gt3 league, but enjoy all manor of cars.
Anyway, see you later....
Skip

icemam
04-03-2017, 21:20
Hey Skip! I'm 59 and live in the east (western new York) I dabbled in video game racing b4, Just getting back into it full bore. got playseat project cars edition with a logitec g29 for my rig set-up on ps4.

icemam
04-03-2017, 21:30
Skip! can I also send you a friend request on ps4?

icemam
04-03-2017, 21:33
Hi! Mr 52 pick-up Feels good to talk to a few seasoned racers

skip7950
05-03-2017, 01:20
Hey Skip! I'm 59 and live in the east (western new York) I dabbled in video game racing b4, Just getting back into it full bore. got playseat project cars edition with a logitec g29 for my rig set-up on ps4.

Hi Iceman!
Good to hear from you....You will find me on pcars Monday thru Thursday in the afternoons, so if you are available my tag on PSN is skip7950. I will look you up on PSN as well to get a friend invite going.

Ledbetter
05-03-2017, 20:48
I'm a member of this demographic. Still in age-denial, though; think I'm 19 inside. Please feel free to friend request set me on PS4: My-Kull. I usually race late afternoons PST. Cheers.

racesafegrandad
06-03-2017, 10:57
Its about time you got all your new friends together skip and invited them all to join us for our Wednesday 'training' session.....just a thought? :)

skip7950
06-03-2017, 15:40
I'm a member of this demographic. Still in age-denial, though; think I'm 19 inside. Please feel free to friend request set me on PS4: My-Kull. I usually race late afternoons PST. Cheers.

OK, just sent you a friend request....See you online!

Kenechka58
30-05-2017, 10:21
Hi! Im 59 years old and have a history of real time racing. Mostly bikes and dragracing, but also a little rally and track racing. Since my doctor told me to slow down I started with sim racing. Its really fun and it give me the opportunity to still do some racing in a "safe mode". Im still a rookie behind the screen, but Im sure that I will get better. I use Xbox One and a Logitech G920 and it works perfect. Maybe we could race in future. How about "Oldies but Goldies Cup"?
Take care and race safe. :cool:

Olijke Poffer
30-05-2017, 10:27
I'm turning 50 later this year and play on a PS4 Pro. Age does not count when having fun. I love gaming.

Kenechka58
30-05-2017, 10:30
Hi again. Yes, Im gettin older....Im sorry but I missed that this thread was for PS4. Im on XboxOne, but still loves racing.
Keep on racing! :)

skip7950
30-05-2017, 13:49
Hi Olijke!
So what car/track types do you prefer to race? Are you a so racer, or a league participant?
Oh man, as a Yank I am really struggling with how to pronounce your name...can you perhaps spell it phonetically for me??
Later...
Skip

Olijke Poffer
30-05-2017, 14:28
Lol.. I can understand because it is a very Dutch name. Not a very hendy name when you're hanging around on multiple language forums.
You could use this link and click the speaker Icon. Google will pronounce it in Dutch so you can hear how it should sound. Don't use the English one as Google translate does translate it to Oily and that is not what it is.
https://translate.google.nl/#nl/en/olijke%20poffer

Olijke is a persone who is happy with a naugty flavour so to speak. A persone enjoying life etc. Poffer is a Dutch delicacy. Which looks like very small pancakes. But do taste a little bit different although they are also made with milk and flour.
my profession was a bakker and most of the time I'm feeling great in this life, I think the name combination of Olijke and Poffer does the job.

Underneath an example of our very tasty poffertjes.

Olijke Poffer
30-05-2017, 14:39
Ow and mostly I drive solo because my PSN was expired. Today I wanted to renew my subscription but the store won't let me. I have logged a call for Sony to ask why I can't add a new subscription for a year. And I do not have that much time to participate in a online race. I did a couple of times back in the day's I still had my Xbox One. Since I have the PS4 Pro I did not drove a single online race. :eek:
I drive almost only with the GT3 and GT4. Sometimes I like to race with the caterham 300 or with the same class.
I do like BRNO, Watkins Glen GP and Oulton Park international a lot. Zolder is nice as well but the first 3 I drive the most.

skip7950
30-05-2017, 20:24
Wow....those look delicious!
The translator makes your first name sound like 'Vette' ...is that accurate? That was the Dutch version...
Well, it is 10:20 pm your time...probably you are asleep?? Anyway tell me about your bake shop...do you own it?
I have another online friend in Amsterdam named Jeffrie, who runs in a league I race in...nice guy, but a little crazy! :distrust:
Cheers!
Skip

skip7950
30-05-2017, 20:31
My first year for PSN expires in November...hope they don't mess me up like that! I love the classic open wheelers like the Lotus 49c, but also vintage sedans (saloons) like the Merc 190 and BMW 2002 Stancewrks.
I have driven many miles in the McLaren GT3, and enjoy it a lot as well...also the Toyota Hybrid LMP1.
The tracks you mention are also favorites of mine, along with many others...looking forward to additional tracks in Pcars 2!
Skip

Olijke Poffer
31-05-2017, 06:47
Wow....those look delicious!
The translator makes your first name sound like 'Vette' ...is that accurate? That was the Dutch version...
Well, it is 10:20 pm your time...probably you are asleep?? Anyway tell me about your bake shop...do you own it?
I have another online friend in Amsterdam named Jeffrie, who runs in a league I race in...nice guy, but a little crazy! :distrust:
Cheers!
Skip

LoL that is not correct. :-) it is more or less like, O-Like-K
I do not own a Bake shop. I worked as a bakker in a bakkery. I'm a graduated bakker so to speak.

My first year for PSN expires in November...hope they don't mess me up like that! I love the classic open wheelers like the Lotus 49c, but also vintage sedans (saloons) like the Merc 190 and BMW 2002 Stancewrks.
I have driven many miles in the McLaren GT3, and enjoy it a lot as well...also the Toyota Hybrid LMP1.
The tracks you mention are also favorites of mine, along with many others...looking forward to additional tracks in Pcars 2!
Skip

Can't wait to fire up Pcars 2 but we all need some patience I'm afraid... :-)

Konan
31-05-2017, 10:45
Lol.. I can understand because it is a very Dutch name. Not a very hendy name when you're hanging around on multiple language forums.
You could use this link and click the speaker Icon. Google will pronounce it in Dutch so you can hear how it should sound. Don't use the English one as Google translate does translate it to Oily and that is not what it is.
https://translate.google.nl/#nl/en/olijke%20poffer

Olijke is a persone who is happy with a naugty flavour so to speak. A persone enjoying life etc. Poffer is a Dutch delicacy. Which looks like very small pancakes. But do taste a little bit different although they are also made with milk and flour.
my profession was a bakker and most of the time I'm feeling great in this life, I think the name combination of Olijke and Poffer does the job.

Underneath an example of our very tasty poffertjes.

Well if it's national food we're promoting:

Yummie! :p

Olijke Poffer
31-05-2017, 12:01
hahaha you bet.. I love that kind of treats..

See some nice yummie stuff made by me on my FB gallery. :p

Bread and Buns,
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1532416210164067.1073741850.100001871086712&type=1&l=bd9a60ac19

Pastry,
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1428965370509152.1073741845.100001871086712&type=1&l=ce85ded7f5

Konan
31-05-2017, 12:23
Now you're just showing off...lol
Nice work! :cool:

Roger Prynne
31-05-2017, 12:27
You guys are really pi**ing me off, as I cant eat any of that cause I'm diabetic :miserable:

Konan
31-05-2017, 12:34
You can eat the chips no?

Roger Prynne
31-05-2017, 12:58
Yes on occasions, but I have to watch my weight, and defiantly no Mayo.

Konan
31-05-2017, 13:00
In that case...sorry ;)

Olijke Poffer
31-05-2017, 13:29
Yeah sorry m8... won't show any yummy stuff anymore..

Roger Prynne
31-05-2017, 14:35
Haha.... don't worry about it, as I'm used to it after 15 years.

cb_racer
11-07-2017, 22:56

Hi All,

I'm 42 and race almost on a daily basis. Please, lets race together, I'm so tired of the kids stopped in the middle of the track to ruin your race. It's happening too frequently. I'm in NYC.

PSN: cb_racer_14

Cheers!